Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Go to: Forum HomeBoardNew Topic

Current Page: 70 of 70
Results 2071 - 2086 of 2086
18 years ago
Diomede
This has been a long and interesting thread so I shall add my fourpennyworth. Earlier Graham asked about "spirituality" and that "Everyone is on their own journey..." In my understanding, spirit is truly who you are in respect of mind, heart and will. Like it or not, we are all different and each of us must therefore dig our own furrows in life, whether good or bad. Call tha
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Dear Graham, I suspect you may disagree, but I my understanding, life as we know it...in all its various forms, was a result of an act of Creation. Reality, as you say, like it or not...is indeed here, which is why I communicate with you now. We are all part of the big "game-plan". Trouble is (as you know), this type of thinking is regarded as pseudo-science, or no science at all.
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
To post once again. I firmly believe that the Deluge/Flood had a lot to do with shaping the mountains of China...and globally. The evidence is there. Best Wishes John
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
I cannot agree more with the Flood/Deluge scenario described in the Bible and as you have presented. Where did all that water come from? There is a possibility that the water was provided by an external source. Allow me to briefly explain. The following quote is an extract from the book 'Mankind in Amnesia' pp 97-100 by Velikovsky:- (It is fairly long, but relevant as to a possible cause of
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Clive, You wrote: "Mine:...Why refer to scientific circles Diomede?...they don't have a clue how the Moon got to be where it is or how it was formed. The myths of old are exciting stories that are far more believable than the Moon being a "fragment" of Earth after Earth was hit by a "huge" rock traveling through space....sure !! A better one is that both Earth and the Mo
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Regarding an iron Sun, I have often wondered how H-He fusion can produce iron. There are not enough supernova events to cause the amount of iron that we see in stars. Maybe the entire galaxy of Population II stars collectively underwent a profusion of stellar explosions billions of years ago. I tried your comet mpgs and could not find anything on BirkelUnd currents. Every reference I have come
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Jameske wrote: > But how does the instability come about to cause fissioning? I have some > thoughts but perhaps you might like to comment on that? I too have some thoughts and this is a big subject in my view. This subject, as you may be aware, is purely theoretical, so you may draw your own conclusions. Some of the "conclusions" and speculations are my own. Briefly, in 'So
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Hi Jameske, You present an interesting set of assumptions. There's enough material in your post for an entire conference! One thing I can say about the Moon is that for size at least, it would not look out-of-place amongst the four large Jovian Moons Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto. Nor would the planet Mercury for that matter. For surface features, our Moon fits quite well both with Ganyme
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Hi Essan, Essan wrote: > > Don't know why I bother, but hey, it's only fun and we're all > entitled to hold our own opinions :)) I agree with that, so please don't take me too seriously. > > nonconformist wrote: > > > > Hi Kees, Diomede, everybody > > > > Kees wrote: > > > > > > Any idea how long this mid-oceanic ridges are functio
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Hi One and All, Jaimi wrote: > Thanks OakeyDokey but we're discussing the moon here and I'm having > a little trouble taking the "paranoiamagazine" site seriously. I had a look at that site. It weighs heavily on the works of Sitchin and planet X (Tiamat?). Apparently (from another source), planet X is supposed to arrive on May 15th...next month! Kees wrote: > Wonderfull r
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Hello all, A couple of questions: As I see it, Akhenaten, shortly after he became the Pharoah Amenhotep IV and in a rebellious act, elected to worship a singular God, the Sun (Aten), rejecting all others. By this act, he also changed his name to Akhen-aten. If Moses was Akhenaten, then how do the events of the Exodus and subsequent correlate with Moses/Akhenaten now worshipping "THE LORD&
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Hello all, This topic is interesting. The Italian philosopher Giordano Bruno wrote: "Those Arcadians said that they were before the Moon, in time and years" and, "...that the Moon had appeared a little while before the war which was fought by Hercules against the giants". According to one theory, the Moon was formed some 13,500 years ago (11,500 BP) in an episode of pa
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Hello all, I was not actually aware that "The Electric Universe" was under discussion on this site, hence my late post on the subject. The proponents of the theory certainly are "for real". In fact many of the anomalies and theories discussed on this site may have their true origins and explanations based within the concept of an electrical cosmos. The Holoscience website
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
Thanks for those web links. Much appreciated. After a brief scan of the expedition report, it appears that the "pyramids" are natural formations. I find this rather strange because from space, the pyramids are aligned in an orderly fashion and the NASA photo I saw revealed twelve pyramids, in two orderly rows of six...not eight. This cannot be a photographic anomaly, nor natural fea
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
This is my second posting on this subject so I will be brief (I lost my first posting due to a computer hiccup!). The following may sound incredible, but I do have my reasons. In my understanding, the reason why such massive stone blocks could be manipulated relatively easily in ancient times, is because gravity was very much less. This appears to be an outrageous statement I agree, but to my
Forum: Mysteries
18 years ago
Diomede
These apparently little known pyramid complexities first came to my notice some years back while reading a book on Atlantis (I cannot remember the author) and I decided to research more. There was only one site with any decent info on the subject, albeit brief, but which has now been edited out. The site is: There are of course other sites which I have searched, but they all come up with
Forum: Mysteries
Current Page: 70 of 70