Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Go to: Forum HomeBoardNew Topic

Current Page: 2 of 70
Results 31 - 60 of 2086
12 years ago
Diomede
Frank wrote; > "Sorry, no, it IS impossible. And it has never happened to Earth. Anyone claiming otherwise cannot been taken seriously. So Peter Warlow is wrong, nevermind a whole host of other similar minded scientists that agree and have accepted such views...scientifically speaking. Your qualifications are quite impressive, but that is not the issue here. > "Please make you
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
Frank wrote: > "A quick earth tilt change is physically impossible, also earth crust shifts, so if you have any ideas you should work them out that you don't need such mechanisms :-) > "Te Earth is a massive spinning top, and it is impossible to change the rotation axis of a free spinning top by asserting an outer impulse. You only would get a nutation of the axis. BTW: In the nu
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
Thanks for your reply Frank. If these huge structures in the Pini Pini Panticolla region of Peru are indeed "artificial" (which I think they are), then surely there is reason and cause to investigate further, indeed for the benefit and knowledge of us all. I accept that you question whether they are buildings or not (as I do too), but the satellite photo reveals otherwise and afterall
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
Cheers Michael. Thanks for you further link too. > "they may connect to a wider scale." Indeed! Just as the satellite photo's of 1975 vintage have shown. Perhaps more might be revealed in the near future. John
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
Hi Frank, Welcome. May I refer you to the following: Are there as yet any up-dates or further information as to the apparent validity or even existence of these apparent man-made pyramidical structures? Regards, John
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
> "I wasn't commenting on your post in respect to Velikovsky! I appreciate that and it sure was not my intention to turn this thread around in like manner. I was just raising another viewpoint (which of course is not my own) for consideration during this discussion.
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
> "I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to Velikovsky's quotes, mainly the quote from Job, which was rather edited, and in resepct to that quote, I was relying on a memory of a Bible commentry I once read that suggested that the constellation of Draco may have been what Job was refering to, which is also known as a dragon. A clue that it's likely a constellation is given in the preceeding part o
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
Rob wrote: > ""In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword, his fierce, great and powerful sword, Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea." Isaiah 27:1 (the KJV uses the term "leviathan that crooked serpent")" I could have quoted same from "World's" However, also: "Awake, awak
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
Hi Rob, I agree with most of your aforesaid comments (previous posts on this thread) and those with respect to my post...except perchance just for a few: > "The "crooked serpent" is likely a constellation, possible the constellation of Draco. How do you come to that conclusion? > "The quotes you gave were curiously edited and presented... not very trustworthy..."
Forum: Author of the Month
12 years ago
Diomede
A few snippets from 'Worlds in Collision': 'The "crooked serpent" is shown in many ancient pictures from China to India, to Persia, to Assyria, to Egypt, to Mexico. With the rise of the monotheistic concept, the Israelites regarded this crooked serpent, the contester with the Most High, as the Lord's own creation.' "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth th
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
I agree too! Have a great year Richard and best wishes. John
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Richard, > "You have to ask "why?" You KNOW why ...." Sure does seem blatantly suspicious. From just 60 miles up the best they can do is 10 meters per pixel? Surely from that height and with an appropriate camera (and we do have the technological capability), they could easily photograph in clear detail Neil Armstrong's first historic footprint. Now that really would b
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Richard, Thanks for your reply. I agree with you regarding 'Ringmakers of Saturn' However, with respect to the topic of this thread, perchance as you say a "HEAVILY modified" Moon and again as with the "light of seven days" that I mentioned in an earlier thread (in your favour), perhaps the Arcadians being called 'proselenian' are also in your favour too because it is said
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Dear Graham, It would be really great if Richard Hoagland could possibly answer ALL the outstanding questions, however short in context, that I (and many other posters) have presented over the last few weeks or so. Perhaps you may have caught Richard Hoagland at a somewhat difficult time (which you have previously explained and which I do understand) But hitherto, I have for my own part poste
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi again Richard, Quite frankly, I am astonished about the Japanese Kaguya probe. etc The Terrain Camera on this probe has an apparent resolution of but ten meters per pixle! ie around 30 feet-odd. Therefore, below 30 feet or so, the photographic resolution will be blurred and we're not going to see much DETAIL at all, whether it be of your ancient artifacts, or even the Apollo landings! A
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Richard, Thanks for your interesting reply and I look forward to your new book. You wrote: > "If, instead of having planets zipping back and forth across the solar system within historical memory, zapping each other electrically as they pass by ... suppose we have a simultaneous, SOLAR-SYSTEM-WIDE catastrophe ~ 13,000 years ago, involving (note I do NOT say "caused" by) th
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Richard, In addition to my previous post on this subject ("A Hollow Moon?"), you have also claimed on the same 'Coast to Coast' program I mentioned previously, that the Moon (Our Moon) might actually be artificial in construct and was towed into orbit around our Earth. You also claim that there are two great engines located deep within the core of the Moon, that were responsible fo
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi again Richard, I raise the question of "Lunar Rocks" because it seems to me that little has been explained to date as to their various curiosities and abnormalities. One of these curiosities/abnormalities concerns the evidence of thermoluminescence in these rocks. Also their unusual quality displaying remanant magnetism (which should not be present) According to the Apollo 12 core
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
SphinxGirl wrote: > "Hi, John. I wasn't questioning your post to Mr. Hoagland - just making a remark about the moon possibly being hollow." > "(Oops. Didn't mean to interfere.)" No problem at all! We can all join in here and I for one welcome your input. Cheers John
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Richard, Thanks for your reply. > "Unfortunately, even with "exotic" HD Physics, I know of NO WAY to "toss planets around the solar system," like Velikovski's theory demands. And, certainly NOT in the limiting time-frame of "around the 8th Century, BC." Fine and I respect your views on the matter. However, I would quote the following which was written in t
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi SphinxGirl, Sure, amongst others, David Childress did claim that the Moon is hollow too (and the Earth as I remember) My question to Richard however concerns the "evidence" that brought about this conclusion. John
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Richard, During a fairly recent 'Coast to Coast' program, you claimed that the Moon (Our Moon) is actually hollow, due certain sounding experiments carried out by Apollo Astronauts (Apollo 11 as I remember) and perhaps even subsequent. For the benefit of us all, could you please briefly explain why you came to this conclusion and what the ramifications of your discovery might be? Cheers Jo
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Claude, You wrote: > these excerpts are not in the printed version of the book You are correct, this chapter was ommitted, perhaps due editorial decision, as Velikovsky passed away in 1979 prior to final publication (1982). Interestingly, Velikovsky was to write further books: 'Saturn and the Flood' and 'Jupiter of the Thunderbolt', but was not to be. Hope you get a copy, I would like
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Mark, > (Do I know you?) I don't think we've met, but I might be wrong. Perhaps like yourself, I do tend to move around a bit attending various conferences here and there such as the recent Cambridge Conference on 'Cosmic Catastrophes' 1st and 2nd Sept of this year and have met a lot of delegates in the process. Perhaps you may have been one of those delegates/attendees. > "I'll
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hello Richard and welcome to the GHMB. On page 6 of your forum article you wrote: > "A civilization that, it would turn out later, had been wiped out through a series of all-encompassing, solar-system-wide cataclysms." What is your opinion regarding the Velikovskian scenario that up to and just prior to the 8th century BC, Mars might once have been an inner planet (between the Ear
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. You wrote: > "So since i'm largely ignorant of Velikovsky, I find it a little difficult to give a full answer to your question. I don't believe that we are about to be struck by a random meteor/comet. I don't think it would be random - and anyway I know of no expectation of one in secret teachings. Thanks also for your viewpoint. > "However we
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi all, Just interjecting here, What ARE you talking about? Regards, John
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Claude, Thanks for your interesting comments, some of which I was not aware of. That Velikovsky was quite well acquainted with Freud is indeed a fact, because they were both contemporary and of the same profession. However, they were each of most differing opinions as indeed no doubt many psychiatrists/psychoanalysts are today. I mentioned Freud, because it seems to me that Velikovsky was
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi Jonathan (Mark), In short (just a question or two) Does your thinking have any relation to the theories of Immanuel Velikovsky (in one way or another)? To elaborate (slightly): As you assuredly well know (and for the enlightenment of other posters), Velikovsky was a well-trained and acclaimed Psychiatrist (he studied under Freud etc), but more than that he was also "trained" as
Forum: Author of the Month
13 years ago
Diomede
Hi jonathan, A few questions which I trust are pertinent to the discussion. Do you think that in the not so distant past, "Gods" were actually planets, or that the planets were "Gods"? A strange question I know, but I ask from a fundamental viewpoint in that past catastrophes involving errant planets (or comets) with our Earth might have been responsible in ultimately shapi
Forum: Author of the Month
Current Page: 2 of 70