Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Go to: Forum HomeBoardNew Topic

Pages: 12345...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 70
Results 1 - 30 of 2086
10 years ago
Diomede
'The Kwuda' wrote: > "Here is a prayer for those... > "Woe, to the beast of babel'onia... > "Woe, to you, whose game is to spread lies and deceive. > "Woe, to you, who is possessed by the essence of the evil-one -- the order of destruction. > "Woe, to you, for you will be thrown into the circle of fire... > "A'ho Ah'ha Sorry... I don't follow.
Forum: Author of the Month
10 years ago
Diomede
Hi Brad (T'Bird), Thanks for your interesting reply. As you probably are aware, 'Solaria Binaria' is but one book of a fifteen-volume series...(and I've read them all!), some repeatedly such as the aforementioned and including 'Chaos and Creation', 'The Lately Tortured Earth', 'God's Fire' etc. Such a wealth of material! Like yourself, I too have an interest in Solar System origins and for man
Forum: Author of the Month
10 years ago
Diomede
Hello daniel pinchbeck, > "My good friend Mark has just excerpted his new book on Reality Sandwich: . > "Mark has been exploring the evidence around increasing changes in the solar system as we approach 2012, including the amazing research of the Russian scientist Dmitriev into plasma phenomena. > "I hope you will take the time to read this article and then we can di
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Greg, You wrote: > "That prompts me to point out that even a grain of sand has its own unique electro-magnetic field, generated by the electrons in motion around its unique atomic construction. Everything has this field of energy. When we see the power/energy contained in matter (one pence or dime's worth was converted at Hiroshima), perhaps there is scope to consider inherent consci
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Surely, the only physical "thinking beings" in the known universe are humans which only exist on this humble planet Earth. Everything else is pure speculation. John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Greg, I just posted this on the Inner Space forum: They talk a great deal about a 'higher consciousness' Might have some relevance to what you are suggesting, in that even plants themselves might be possessed of a measure of consciousness. John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Milo wrote: > "My breathing has an effect on the whole cosmos! Wow! and true within the context of this discussion. John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Greg, Briefly in reply and on the other end of the equation, one could also refer to the micro-cosmos. (Sorry no picture in this instance) I read somewhere that the number of protons in the currently known universe is around 10^49. Be that as it may, if perchance just one atom, one proton, one electron or even one photon (and even of course smaller "particles" such as neutrinos),
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Greg, Perhaps nevermind the Sun, Moon and planets etc,...but like yourself and others, I too have often contemplated this 'ultimate' question. You wrote: > "I’ve always thought it odd that scientists recognize that something as subtle as a butterfly’s wing flap could affect a weather system many months and thousands of miles away - but dismiss out-of-hand the possibility that the po
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
> "We appear to be on the same page, John! Yes indeed and I will not labour the point. However, to elaborate slightly for the benefit of other posters; There is much more to life than would meet the eye. Angels as I mentioned, exist beyond what we call "matter", because they are spiritual beings and were in existence before time began, which is to say, the universe itself. A
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Rob, > "I agree in general with what you're saying that there are other dimensions invisible to the naked eye and inhabited by other living beings. Might you be referring to the spiritual domain, occupied by God and his untold thousands of Angels? > "The world of matter is simply congealed energy and is therefore merely an illusion." Yes, because one day it shall all be
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Greg, In the context of your thoughts, I will settle for the 'Big Whoosh' as you say :-) (makes more sense than what we are told to believe these days) Thanks and Cheers, John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Greg wrote: > "The life of the brain is an electromagentic phenomenon. Take that element away and we are no longer alive. Our own life force is a bio-electrical feature of our existence, and we are fairly well charged, even producing 'new' energy from the sunlight stored in our food. It aint the neurons but the current they channel and the 'thought' field they produce. Absolutely correc
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Greg, You wrote: > "Do you know about the Free Will Theorem that came from two professors at Princeton University in 2006? To quote from my book, “In it, Professors Simon Kochen and John Conway demonstrated that if particles do not have free will, then neither could people. Conversely, if people do exercise free will, then the same is true of particles. Prof Conway says, "If you
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Precisely!
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
I wrote: > "... However, inanimate objects themselves cannot possess one iota of these "qualities" even given unlimited periods of time. .... Don replied: > "Is not the brain an inanimate object ? No, not at all! The brain is "alive" comprising untold numbers of neurons and living cells. Chunks of rock, or even the Sun, other Stars and even the mind-bogg
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Janet, Yes sentience and telepathy, including I think telekinesis, are latent qualities existing within the human psyche. Only a few individuals tap these abilities from time to time, whether by accident or otherwise. Telepathy in animals I think is a natural condition, as with eating and breathing. However, inanimate objects themselves cannot possess one iota of these "qualities"
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Surely, whether it be the Sun, Stars, Galaxies etc., all these are essentially inanimate objects. In other words and on a much lesser scale, the same as a piece of rock. So how does one derive consciousness from a piece of rock? Interestingly however, in their book 'The Living Energy Universe' (1999) by Gary Schwartz and Linda Russek (both Ph. D's) they demonstrate that everything in the unive
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Milo wrote: > "God created the Sun." Indeed, but the Sun or any other Celestial object for that matter, is not to be worshipped (or even revered), because such action is idolatry. The first commandment! True? John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi David, Whether I am aware or even know of "infantile amnesia" in my life, I am not too sure. However, in a similar manner, I would be interested to know your thoughts on the book 'Mankind in Amnesia' by the late Immanuel Velikovsky. The author raised some very interesting points. Fundamentally speaking and with respect to the Topic, do you think that memory is actually inherited?
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Anthony, They certainly did make sense (and good sense too!) Cheers and Best Wishes in all your pursuits. John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Thanks Tony for taking the time-out to answer my questions. Regards, John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Anthony, I shall have to order your book, because the subject of Daemon's etc has now rekindled my interest in UFO's and other related phenomena. I met Budd Hopkins some years ago at a UFO Conference and as you know, he has some very interesting cases on his records. I also found him to be a very sincere person. I don't want to change the subject too much, but do you think these Daemons might
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Anthony, Thanks for your reply. > "All us ex BUFORA folks eh!!!" Just exemplifies our extreme youthfulness I guess! :-) > "Although I cannot confirm this your description really sounds like Patrick Harpur. The book I think you need to check is "Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld". Doesn't ring a bell with me, but I'll have a look. A question
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Caliban and Anthony, I too was once a member of BUFORA at about the same time (late '70's). I joined because I had previously observed a UFO. As to what these phenomenon represent, I read somewhere that UFO's are: "Non-physical manifestations of demonic activity" (but I can't remember the source) John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Archae, Thanks for your reply. I shall consider the matter further. John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi John, As a postscript to my last message: You wrote: > "for extra credit you could have mentioned either sitchin, childress, daniken or alford Thanks John, but I don't regard their ideas one bit at all. I have read them for sure, but that's all. Those guys should be on the 'Paranormal & Supernatural' board. This board I trust, is for REAL evidence. In that, I think we should
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hi Archae (spelt your name right this time), You wrote: > "I know I can find a few geologists who think the Earth's is about 6000 years old (usually got a glassy eyed stare and a silly grin) and I still suspect if I looked real hard I might find a geologist that thinks the Earth is flat and the moon is made out of petrified cottage cheese. :-) There is always at least one..... or maybe
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hey John, Thanks for your high score rating. 79%! Shucks, I didn't think I was that good. However, you missed the works of Alfred de Grazia and Earl Milton et al (fifteen books...and I have read them all!) Therefore could you please increase my percentage to at least around 90%? I would really appreciate that. Cheers John
Forum: Author of the Month
11 years ago
Diomede
Hello Archai, You wrote (in reply): > "They sure do.... as most advanced textbooks on structural geology will tell you or anyone else who actually bothered to look it up in the first place. It's amazing how many people don't seem to have a clue about how rocks deform in the earth's crust.... but then that's just ideal for those who proliferate this type of "no natural, only can be
Forum: Author of the Month
Pages: 12345...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 70