Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Once again, I'm grateful for the interest people have shown. We all have our particular areas of expertise and special interest, and the great thing about a forum like this is that we get to share and learn from others, even if we don't always agree with them. My area of expertise and special interest happens to be language -- because I see it as the thing that holds the whole show together, the very thing that makes this nexus of communication possible in the first place. So I find it totally fascinating to think about the question of where it comes from, how it happened, and why (as far as we know) our species is the only one that has language and can communicate to this level of sophistication. And if any of that enthusiasm has rubbed off on you guys, that'll be great. Because what language is, how it shapes us, how it traps us, and how it liberates us -- how it makes us -- is almost the greatest story ever told. The story of my book, naturally!

Thanks for engaging. Simon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Thanks, Simon 98 drrayeye 30-Sep-21 07:14
Re: Thanks, Simon 40 Simon Prentis 30-Sep-21 18:31
Re: Thanks, Simon 27 Eddie Larry 30-Sep-21 21:12
Re: Thanks, Simon 25 Simon Prentis 30-Sep-21 23:41
Re: Thanks, Simon 29 Susan Doris 01-Oct-21 05:25
Re: Thanks, Simon 38 Simon Prentis 01-Oct-21 09:51
Re: Thanks, Simon 24 Aine 04-Oct-21 21:10
Re: Thanks, Simon 40 Simon Prentis 04-Oct-21 23:24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.