Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Mark

Love the way you explain it so clearly in your writing style. It is so good to see the old text books going to their rightful place of being the foundations of ideas, not the definitive bibles.
The generational legends do not tally so much, but get swept aside. Hopefully, no longer, re the history of Earth.
It may sound strange but I was fascinated by the open cast coal mining in Germany and they were patient enough to explain so much to me, re its formation.

). Such geobiological hypotheses sometimes persist based largely on the strength of their novelty, without sufficient predictive testing. Here, we compile data on the distribution of organic-rich sediments in the Phanerozoic of North America and synthesize arguments demonstrating that an evolutionary lag explanation for the waxing and waning of coal deposition (8, 10⇓⇓–13) is inconsistent with geochemistry, sedimentology, paleontology, and biology. Instead, the Carboniferous−Permian peak and subsequent decline in coal production most likely reflects a unique combination of tectonics and climate with the particular details of the evolution of plant and fungal community composition bearing no direct relevance.
[www.pnas.org]

They appear to be saying the same as you are, to me. These animals would presumably have needed similar vegetation around them as they have now. The two go hand in hand , surely ?.
They have lately been changing their views about Venus, apparently spinning upside down, the wrong way, saying natural precession caused it, rather than having suffered a whacking great hit from something.

As you say, it is simple, straightforward and ..just makes a great deal of sense !
Looking forward to your month here.

Stay well
Yve

( I sometimes like to fantasise that underneath my English lawn lie skeletons of all manner of huge extinct animals ).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Mark Gaffney our author of the month for December 2020 433 Graham Hancock 02-Dec-20 22:02
Re: Welcome to Mark Gaffney our author of the month for December 2020 169 mhgaffney 03-Dec-20 08:44
Re: Welcome to Mark Gaffney our author of the month for December 2020 169 Glass Jigsaw 03-Dec-20 13:36
Re: Welcome to Mark Gaffney our author of the month for December 2020 197 mhgaffney 03-Dec-20 18:54
Thanks, Mark 112 drrayeye 31-Dec-20 18:14
Re: Welcome to Mark Gaffney our author of the month for December 2020 132 michael seabrook 31-Dec-20 21:22
Re: Welcome to Mark Gaffney our author of the month for December 2020 99 mhgaffney 31-Dec-20 19:26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.