Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
HI Dick

I guess a little history is needed so intentions, observations and how progress from success and failure can be better estimated in this current situation. You see, I do like exploring, not just the surroundings as much as I can but also what our minds are capable of suggesting as well as confirming. I’m still curious about some things these days, and have spent many years getting to where I am with what I like to play with, having gone through being a voracious reader up until maybe a decade ago to just reading the odd thing now and then...mostly latest news on discoveries or articles folk put out about their work and the progress upon old understandings and developing new understandings.

IT wasn’t until my late 20s that I came across a Theosophist library after I was finding my thirst for knowledge wasn’t being properly satisfied by all the sciences I was reading and pondering in other libraries and magazines...I have always been curious and wanted to apply ability to things from a very young age, as many things were easy to do. I could talk about many things to certain folk I came across, sciences and trades and artists and general deep thinkers, but most of that was material things and aesthetics to do with how things work when properly organised. I’d had the general introductions over the years to esoteric and paranormal things but wasn’t too sure about them...of course I had had my fair share of odd encounters and situations but being unsure of what lies beneath the normal reality we all mostly grow up with, and how strange some folk were that I came across who did delve into what the mind is capable of, I generally did not know what folk had been playing with for thousands of years, not just the last couple of decades since the 60s exploded upon the scene.

For a time, when the moment struck me while I learned about various religions and beliefs and how folk evolved those to become what they are these days, I would drop into churches and temples and look around, and mostly have a general conversation with someone who would find me somewhere...sometimes I would end up where the general public never went, and I appeared as though I belonged there and left alone while I wandered and attended...too easy to pull a few weeds out of a garden or sweep a dusty floor because they need it. I found it was easier to get a feel for someone’s belief by talking with them while they went about their business, rather than to a priest or such. I still talked to those when I found them, and it wasn’t always about deep things but about how they felt about what they do. My manner is easy going and talking about this and that besides how their belief makes them feel – while they are inside their temple – always made for stronger impressions about the certainty of their belief, and how it affects their everyday lives. I’m still not a follower of or religious, besides something I state now and then...a definition of religion: belief in the self. If someone believes in something that has a temple, more power to them...having a firm belief in something is always the point.

I’ve been a member here for 17 years and once was a Moderator after being invited to be, but gave it up when it became difficult to welcome new members only to have them sometimes be trolled and taken down for the thoughts in their posts, and while part of being a Moderator is to also be a referee in exchanges besides a bit of a guiding influence upon the directions of topics and new news, I couldn’t take being split by welcoming someone to a jungle. Oh, you should see how my strength in dealing with combative posters has progressed over the years...mostly it is about humour and making a joke of someone for their ways, while other times it is about the logic to their own writings as being somewhat deficient.

Rather than discuss all manner of topics I’ve made over the years, and where those topics have got to during these past maybe 2 or 3 years, how about an introduction to just two so you can get a feel for where I am coming from with my last post to you.
This one concerns my decision to give DMT a go, and after I had found the right tree because of its flowers and leaves, I took my time to actually go through the motions of bark removal and chemical extraction, while adjusting my mindset about some things so I would have a better experience for what I had learned DMT and such can do. I have tried different things during my 20s and found such to be quite expanding and adjusting to personality and a world view. I found the right tree 2 years ago. A few months ago, I had decided it was time to try it and when I went to the tree, someone had cut it down some time ago and it was all dead. Ah well...such is life ;)

This one concerns a series of experiences with the very sweet smell of two kinds of flowers, one quite a few times, the other just the second last time I would smell such things...not sure for all time or just for the now. As I am cautious with how, why and when I present things to discuss in such as this site, I have talked about a great many experiences and directions over the years, and have certainly discussed that meditative procedure amongst many things. In the post, I mention that I am unsure about the origin of the scents, and I did get into my meditative state in order to see if I could follow it if it was external to myself. I think I did, and as I got close, it suddenly evaporated from my awareness.

Now, communicating with the herpes virus is not controlling the thing with the mind but soothing it with something like a crooning song. As I mentioned, I didn’t want to destroy the thing as it has a right to exist also...it’s a virus and doesn’t understand what it does besides having existence and a purpose in its life cycle. It would seem that only having a few cells replicate and express themselves is just as good as having many of them multiplying willy nilly ;)

I adopted that mindset a few years ago while seeing carp in my local river and knowing how easy it would be to just rest and wait with my hands ready and I could catch one and toss it on the bank and kill it quick, because carp are pests in the river systems over here. I changed my mind because carp don’t know they are pests, and for the past few summers, we have gotten used to each other I guess it isn’t always about conquering things but about understanding them.

That’s what a little fear and a little bravado will do to all things when they come across each other...test the waters between them, so to speak...just to get a feel for what something is about...and if there is no malice involved because of motions and experiences, then most things are up for a little playfulness if they don’t mind that kind of thing, especially if it is new to them...to us.

Are my ‘flower scents’ and your ‘entities’ the same things? Similar things? Hmm...up for grabs until both of us know more, right? I’m still working on what the mind is capable of inside itself according to what psychology, philosophies and sciences define, and I am still a bit of a cheeky bugger sometimes but I have to be sure about any little hidden corners to my mind and make sure I have no ill intentions within me as I continue exploring things, otherwise I won’t be able to provide the best benefits nor be provided with the best benefits from those seemingly elusive things we seek to understand. But we always have to give something a go first and test it to see if there is any potential further truths to something before we invest ourselves further.

So many examples of the somewhat ‘paranormal’ abound...but really such things are supranormal, not unnatural. Hmm...living two lives at once or combining them harmoniously where the normalcy of greater experiences are not shied away from but accepted, and all facets of our lives incorporate all we are capable of as being who we are as people who are capable of different things. We aren’t all the same...we aren’t all doctors or engineers or farmers or artists, but we do all have pretty much the same structures that make us...and we can learn and expand upon what we are capable of and what we can do. All it takes is a clear mind, a firm grasp on reality, knowledge about how things work, and then exploration of why things work the way they do.

Am I correct in reading that you’re essentially saying the DMT experience and perceived entities are all products of brain/mind? That the experiences are dreamscape projections of my mind alone?

How many different ways can you think of that would have you really find out?

I can only think of one way...a very difficult challenging way that needs a very settled mind that is very religious...and the ability to be what you seek: a simple spark of awareness inside a whole lot of potential stimulus…and that's what folk in such as this site provide me with...a whole lot of potential stimulus that expands upon what I've already done. Maybe you have found the same?

Cheers

i'm going for a short walk on a long pier. back in a second

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Seeing colours where once was black and white 226 drew 10-Nov-20 08:58
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 24 drew 15-Nov-20 08:06
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 21 dick.khan 15-Nov-20 12:53
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 18 dick.khan 15-Nov-20 12:41
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 29 drew 15-Nov-20 20:17
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 20 dick.khan 16-Nov-20 12:54
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 23 Glass Jigsaw 16-Nov-20 14:13
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 26 dick.khan 16-Nov-20 16:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 22 Glass Jigsaw 19-Nov-20 18:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 18 drew 19-Nov-20 22:22
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 22 Susan Doris 16-Nov-20 18:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 34 dick.khan 17-Nov-20 12:05
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 32 seasmith 18-Nov-20 03:08
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 22 Susan Doris 19-Nov-20 08:03
You have now entered... 21 drew 19-Nov-20 11:19
Re: You have now entered... 19 Susan Doris 19-Nov-20 11:36
Thanks... 24 drew 19-Nov-20 13:31
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 34 dick.khan 19-Nov-20 22:44
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 18 PB Bytes 20-Nov-20 15:18
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 20 dick.khan 21-Nov-20 12:37
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 13 PB Bytes 25-Nov-20 19:14
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 9 drew 25-Nov-20 20:41
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 9 dick.khan 27-Nov-20 20:30
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 6 PB Bytes 27-Nov-20 22:08
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 22 drew 18-Nov-20 20:04
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 17 drew 21-Nov-20 01:32
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 12 Susan Doris 21-Nov-20 06:12
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white...for Susan 16 drew 21-Nov-20 08:38
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white...for Susan 12 Susan Doris 21-Nov-20 11:18
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 17 dick.khan 21-Nov-20 14:55
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 14 Susan Doris 21-Nov-20 15:51
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 19 drew 21-Nov-20 21:12
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 15 dick.khan 22-Nov-20 11:37
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 13 drew 22-Nov-20 12:25
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 17 dick.khan 22-Nov-20 12:48
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 22 Glass Jigsaw 22-Nov-20 15:26
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 26 dick.khan 22-Nov-20 21:09
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 32 Glass Jigsaw 23-Nov-20 16:40
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 33 seasmith 24-Nov-20 23:15
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 17 Glass Jigsaw 25-Nov-20 16:52
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 8 dick.khan 25-Nov-20 20:52
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 9 Susan Doris 26-Nov-20 06:01
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 11 dick.khan 26-Nov-20 18:55
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 14 drew 26-Nov-20 20:13
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 17 Sirius7237 26-Nov-20 22:48
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 14 Susan Doris 27-Nov-20 00:48
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 16 drew 27-Nov-20 07:14
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 13 Susan Doris 27-Nov-20 08:30
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 16 drew 25-Nov-20 20:38
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 19 dick.khan 25-Nov-20 21:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 11 drew 26-Nov-20 20:23
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 10 Glass Jigsaw 27-Nov-20 15:23
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 7 Susan Doris 27-Nov-20 15:44
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 7 drew 27-Nov-20 21:15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.