Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
HI Dick

Well, I got a chance to check out the interview you posted and after 29 minutes, I stopped. I figured that was enough considering what had been discussed in it, and some lines of thinking I had going on, and decided writing a post might be adequate enough for some observations and such that I have. I guess this is going to be a mixture of some things, but I do hope it is worth your reading.

It sure is amazing what dreaming does, isn’t it...various parts of our brain and mind offering up scenes we somehow see and experience, giving up adventures in their ways that are from the brain needing something to entertain itself while we sleep. All kinds of dreams occur, mostly being from parts of our subconscious that have a lot of extra information in it that hasn’t been adequately processed by our conscious self...our brain takes in over a hundred thousand pieces of data per second while our conscious self is aware of several thousand pieces, all layered together that our brain can pull apart and determine individual things in a hierarchy of collective things: a red apple has a lot of information going on to it, especially if it is half eaten...besides the shape and colour of it, the scent of it is in the air, and these bits of data coming into the brain via our senses connect to stored information about such a thing...we experience a red apple in all its ways when we see and smell it. That apple is atop a bench with all kinds of information coming into us about that bench, and the bench is within a kitchen, the kitchen has a window slightly open with a breeze passing through, it is daylight, and we are wearing comfortable clothes. In one split second, we are conscious of so much to do with what we are experiencing, and then there is what we are not conscious of…

...the scent of the apple affects our stomach and the prospect of eating it has certain acids being transported in case we eat and need to digest it, which in turn gets our salivary glands operating to aid in the chewing and swallowing of bits of apple; the bench and room and all are central to the house around it, the house on a street, the street in a suburb in a city, and all such expansive facts about this cements itself as being reality that our brain accepts and understands, but something within all this setting is out of place and something within our brain picks up on this anomaly and sifts through stored information and the current setting and identifies this anomaly by drawing our attention to a little black tic tac lying on the floor in front of the fridge. Nothing in our experience identifies it belongs there except for the fact that it looks like mouse poo, and a whole lot of processing is occurring that we are not conscious of, except for the fact there shouldn’t be a mouse in the house, and what can be done to determine if that actually is mouse poo, and what to do if it is.

Of course, the other fact about the half eaten apple also presents itself: I didn’t eat it, nor did anyone else living in the house eat it...a mouse had been eating it. More sense is made that something in the conscious self overlooked when it was initially presented. Dreams can concoct a whole adventure formed around all kinds of things hidden away that are given a chance to be inspected and considered, and either done away with during or at the end of the dream, or affect a part of our conscious self so that we slightly become aware we are dreaming and take note of what is going on until we awaken and let our mind go over the dream to make some kind of consideration about what had occurred. Don’t forget now, we see and experience the dream as though it is reality, and I’ll connect back to this later.

Sciences and engineers have enabled the brain to make use of its own electrical activity to control devices via transmitters and receptors placed outside the skull. From moving a cursor on a computer screen to flying a toy helicopter to operating artificial limbs, thinking in certain ways creates certain combined frequencies created within various locations of the brain. The translation of such mindful thinking creating electrical activity has made amazing progress over the years, so much so that in the early stages, moving a cursor or flying a helicopter while wearing a cap full of non-invasive electrodes meant that one could think of an apple and the cursor would move up; think of the apple’s scent and the cursor would move down etc. Of course, this is an example because experimentation upon individuals would define what kind of thinking about certain things had the best output of electrical activity, and modify the parameters of the operating software to respond to certain kinds of thinking by a particular individual. It has apparently progressed so much that our own motor skills in moving or feeling parts of our body are enough to be used to control actual artificial limbs as though they are directly connected to the nerves that operated limbs before they were removed from our body. I know there are improvements still to be made, but cutting edge development will one day have folk with artificial limbs operating those limbs as though they are directly connected to the nervous system, without the need for invasive surgery.

As an aside, the Cochlear Implant and improvements in a bionic eye – so to speak – take a device and link it into our system after they have been implanted and ‘wired up’. Our brain is able to make use of electrical information expressed from sound and sight, and process it directly into the respective cortexes. Pretty bloody amazing stuff, that.

Overlaying the dreamscape ability of our brain and mind to the aware function of our brain and body can merge two things at once...you offer a lot about the projections of entities into your surroundings where there is no way what you perceive is not real. You can see something upon a wall or in the space of the room with you, while someone else there will not see the same. DMT or other such substances work in the brain because we have the appropriate receptors to process the substance and our brain can make use of such, and great things can be experienced. Ah, but how about taking it a little further?

Many years ago, I used to play with a meditation technique that took me quite a while to perfect. The point of the exercise was to become only a simple thought of awareness and not any other. I would lay down and compose myself, and begin by thinking and feeling the big toe of one foot and concentrate on that toe in what it is and how I am aware of it, and slowly take the sensation of that toe out of my awareness until I flowed on to the next toe, and do the same. As each of the toes became hidden from me, I would be at the whole part of my foot where toes meet, and I would feel all that part of my foot and slowly move along it toward the heel and then ankle, slowly letting it become hidden from my awareness. You get where this is going...up one leg to hip and groin and the leg is gone...start at the toe of the other foot and do the same up to hip and groin and leg is gone...feel the entire lower torso and be aware of it and slowly move up while letting all become hidden from awareness. Up to armpits and shoulders, then start at thumb and fingers and hand and arm and let awareness of all slowly fade away, then other limb, then up neck and across face and its features and all around head until the very crown is reached and then even the feeling of that disappears...all that is left is a simple thought of awareness inside a mind that has lost all connections to brain and body. Yes, it is bloody difficult at first because intrusive thoughts arise that want to take your awareness to other things on your mind, but refocusing on what part of the body was being hidden is easy enough, and no matter how many times it takes, give up at first if concentration is difficult and try again another time. It took me many times before I could do the procedure in about 40 minutes or less, and I wanted to get to the point of being only a simple thought of awareness and not have any awareness of my body and mind so that I could know what that felt like.

The extension to this is being able to bring up a connection to any part of my body and only ‘be’ that part in all that I am. It is akin to taking that little packet of awareness left over and placing it at that part of the body, and only being that part, even just the most simple thing as a single hair resting across my forehead...I ‘am’ the spot of the skin the hair touches, and nothing else. Of course, exploring the brain is also possible by focusing in on the darkness of the mind and where that little packet of awareness resides. If all that the mind has to be aware of is a simple thought of awareness, we can move it about so that it rests in any area of the brain that is ours. I could never control the functions of my body in such as marrow creating blood cells as that is not what this was about, and I don’t know if that is possible or not. I spent several years trying to communicate with the herpes simplex virus that presented itself as a coldsore upon my lip, because it resides in the primitive part of our brain and when certain things occurred, the virus would emerge, make its way through my body, and express itself. I got to the stage where I could present an aware aspect of myself when the virus emerged from its hidden location and I would soothe it from its need to express itself so forcefully, and talk it into just being a little thing instead of affecting so many other cells on my lip and becoming a coldsore. All I experience these days, for about 25 years now, is a little red spot and the sensation of the virus making that spot, and nothing more. I found after the first few times of successfully talking the virus out of its effects, that I had adopted an automatic reaction to it that my brain took control of and I didn’t have to be focused on the process anymore...it is part of my make-up.

I also toured my own brain and rested that little thought of awareness here and there, and let a little more awareness rise up as to what that area does. In thinking of making my big toe flex, I was drawn to the function within the brain where making the toe flex arises, and experienced the electrical activity rising and coursing through my body and making the toe flex. My awareness rested in one area and expressed itself in another area without affecting any other part of me. I could think of the scent or taste of an apple, and those areas holding the information would come alive and I was aware of them operating but could do nothing to them except experience the effect of electrical activity somehow creating a sense of reality within my mind, as though I were actually smelling or tasting an apple.

Okay...so I write all this because I reckon you might be able to make use of such understandings and adopt them in your DMT experiments, and go where folk have probably gone before but do not talk about it except as layered meanings in strange records that only those who have also experienced the same understand what is being revealed.

Consider this...if the electrical activity of our brain can be registered outside our body, is there a limit to how distant?

If DMT affects specific areas of the brain, can you actually identify and feel where? Take that a step further, and under such a meditative state, under the influence of DMT, you might just ‘become’ your pineal gland.

If the mind can make use of the dreamscape and portray it in our surroundings, and ‘entities’ or whatnot appear or can be felt, from where in our brain do they arise, and is that part of the brain wholly forming the ‘entities’ or are they drawn into an area of the brain because it is the link between internal and external? Could you follow this link externally along its own path of energy coming into you, and discover where it originates from?

Can you be at ease enough with yourself that you accept there is no malice at all in what you are trying to understand, in case you are successful in exploring your own mind and what DMT does to it, and are able to have an external effect occur via a thought experiencing more energy to it than you would consider possible, and rather than an entity touching your bum, it pushes over a chess piece while someone else is in the room to verify it for real, rather than it seemingly happening in your own mind?

I hope I didn’t waste your time in reading this. But thanks for doing so.

use knowledge to know-it-forward so someone else can create-anew

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Seeing colours where once was black and white 624 drew 10-Nov-20 08:58
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 146 drew 15-Nov-20 08:06
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 151 dick.khan 15-Nov-20 12:53
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 130 dick.khan 15-Nov-20 12:41
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 154 drew 15-Nov-20 20:17
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 130 dick.khan 16-Nov-20 12:54
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 157 Glass Jigsaw 16-Nov-20 14:13
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 143 dick.khan 16-Nov-20 16:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 131 Glass Jigsaw 19-Nov-20 18:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 129 drew 19-Nov-20 22:22
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 176 Susan Doris 16-Nov-20 18:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 179 dick.khan 17-Nov-20 12:05
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 146 seasmith 18-Nov-20 03:08
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 166 Susan Doris 19-Nov-20 08:03
You have now entered... 164 drew 19-Nov-20 11:19
Re: You have now entered... 155 Susan Doris 19-Nov-20 11:36
Thanks... 162 drew 19-Nov-20 13:31
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 167 dick.khan 19-Nov-20 22:44
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 144 PB Bytes 20-Nov-20 15:18
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 178 dick.khan 21-Nov-20 12:37
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 123 PB Bytes 25-Nov-20 19:14
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 123 drew 25-Nov-20 20:41
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 119 dick.khan 27-Nov-20 20:30
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 126 PB Bytes 27-Nov-20 22:08
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 117 dick.khan 28-Nov-20 19:58
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 122 PB Bytes 28-Nov-20 20:16
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 156 drew 18-Nov-20 20:04
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 131 drew 21-Nov-20 01:32
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 123 Susan Doris 21-Nov-20 06:12
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white...for Susan 133 drew 21-Nov-20 08:38
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white...for Susan 125 Susan Doris 21-Nov-20 11:18
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 131 dick.khan 21-Nov-20 14:55
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 125 Susan Doris 21-Nov-20 15:51
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 128 drew 21-Nov-20 21:12
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 123 dick.khan 22-Nov-20 11:37
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 124 drew 22-Nov-20 12:25
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 131 dick.khan 22-Nov-20 12:48
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 133 Glass Jigsaw 22-Nov-20 15:26
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 142 dick.khan 22-Nov-20 21:09
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 152 Glass Jigsaw 23-Nov-20 16:40
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 143 seasmith 24-Nov-20 23:15
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 129 Glass Jigsaw 25-Nov-20 16:52
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 123 dick.khan 25-Nov-20 20:52
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 121 Susan Doris 26-Nov-20 06:01
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 128 dick.khan 26-Nov-20 18:55
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 125 drew 26-Nov-20 20:13
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 133 Sirius7237 26-Nov-20 22:48
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 120 Susan Doris 27-Nov-20 00:48
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 142 drew 27-Nov-20 07:14
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 142 Susan Doris 27-Nov-20 08:30
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 134 drew 25-Nov-20 20:38
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 139 dick.khan 25-Nov-20 21:27
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 123 drew 26-Nov-20 20:23
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 130 Glass Jigsaw 27-Nov-20 15:23
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 144 Susan Doris 27-Nov-20 15:44
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 124 drew 27-Nov-20 21:15
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 138 dick.khan 28-Nov-20 20:21
Re: Seeing colours where once was black and white 167 drew 28-Nov-20 22:15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.