Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Brian
Yet another great, refreshingly original Author brought here by GH. I can't wait to read your book too.
I was watching the video. I haven't managed to get time to watch the whole thing properly, so forgive me if this is covered. Something occurred to me for the first time though. I had already known of the ideas about the ergot being linked to Salam. They had altered their methods of making haystacks too, allowing damp to remain. It killed 2 birds with one stone though in demonising those dratted witches and laying out their 'symptoms'.
In the time of the Plague here in Britain men were seen in amongst the village crops around Dawn, and 'Plague' would set in a few days later. They were Men in Black. It is where we get the classic Grim Reaper image from. These men were all covered in black clothing carrying scythes and spraying something on the crops with long sprinkler ended long wands.The Plague 'doctors' had those long beaks packed with herbs and fibre to protect them, even the eyes, ears and head were covered.
So what if they were spreading ergot ? A bio weapon ?. It meant the village land was taken away easily.It gave religion another lever to use.They never found out who they were.
Is this where the entire disparagement of using hallucinogens in the west comes from ? Ergot has fatal effects which could be written off as Plague. I found this interesting

At evening you shall eat meat, and in the morning you shall be satisfied with bread [manna]: and you shall know that I am Yahweh your God.[vi]

This verse specifically connects a feeling of satisfaction to the manna but not the meat, implying that it satisfied in a way that quail did not. Maybe the miracle of “angel food” is not where it comes from, but rather where it takes you to:

All the people are seeing the voices, and the flames, and the sound of the trumpet.[vii]

[psypressuk.com]

I remember the days when the US Government kept warning that the Hippies were going to fill the water supply with LSD. More disparagement again. More Governmental control. Alcohol wears off, but a hallucinogen gives long term memories of the eye opening experience.

Stay well
Yve

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 259 Graham Hancock 06-Oct-20 14:06
Re: Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 80 Eddie Larry 06-Oct-20 23:16
Re: Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 63 brian_muraresku 11-Oct-20 18:55
Re: Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 50 seanoffshotgun 13-Oct-20 07:44
Re: Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 42 Glass Jigsaw 16-Oct-20 13:24
Re: Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 45 brian_muraresku 19-Oct-20 00:14
Re: Welcoming Brian Muraresku as Author of the Month with his book The Immortality Key 45 poster72 15-Oct-20 18:59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.