Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello to both Susan and Ray

Thank you both for your questions and thoughts. Yes I would like to stay more focused on the particular research of my new book but in the spirit of the message board let me briefly, “in a word or two” answer. Dear Susan, I remember very similar discussions with you almost 7 years ago so I would suggest a review of those discussions separate from this board for those who want.. (Please see AOM archives for November 2013) So beyond my answer here I would suggest this similar discussion in the archives.

Hmm, in “a word or two”. Yes, I believe in “a divine”. A continuing consciousness beyond physicality in a ‘universal consciousness’.

I agree in the concepts shared by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Aldous Huxley and Edgar Cayce to cite a few; basically, that there are two ongoing evolutions, one of physicality and one of consciousness. The physical evolution being a vehicle for the consciousness evolution. So yes, in a few words, there is a “divine” design.
As to who or what designed the designed the designer. Thank you for imagining I could answer that question, in a few words or otherwise, I cannot. At best I imagine an initial conscious singularity similarly as scientist imagine the beginnings of the physical universe as a singularity. Beyond that nor can scientist answer what was before the universe, in either example the answer has been “I am that I am”.

Dear Ray, thank you for keeping the focus on research, evidence, and theories for the book at hand. I thought the chapter 2 of the book excerpt on this web page gave a decent overview, apparently not, so allow me to provide some clarification.

I never call the unit of measure being discussed an ‘Egyptian yardstick’ or that it is almost magical.

1. The earliest documentation of a unit of measurement 27.5 inches (70 cm) in length I have found is from Egypt. It is identified by the Egyptologists and ancient metrologists as a nb, nbi, nebiu (welcome to hieroglyphs) I have also found evidence in the hieroglyphs that this same unit of measurement is called an aakhu meh (nesu meh being a “royal cubit”, netches meh being a “little cubit”); aakhu meh translates as a spirit of light cubit. There is a physical example of this measuring unit in the MMNY.

2. What Archeologists who study ancient units of measurements state (most cite Petrie): “The study of ancient measures used in a country is a basis of discovering the movements of civilization between countries.” (Sir Flinders Petrie). “Among the various tests of the mental capacity of man one of the most important, ranking in modern life on an equality of with language is the appreciation of quantity, or notions of measurement and geometry. …Thus, the possession of the same unit of measurement by different people implies either that it belonged to their common ancestors or else that a very powerful commercial intercourse has existed between them”. (Sir Flinders Petrie) “Cultures sharing similar measurement systems likely had some form of contact. Should such a measurement be located in architectural remains, and appear in halves or doubles, then the probability that this measure reflects a real historical unit of measure increases.”( Sir Flinders Petrie)

The following cultures use the same unit of measurement or one similar as the one presented from ancient Egypt.

-Paquime (Mogollon: Ancestral Puebloans) culture (Mexico-Arizona-New Mexico) – 27.5 inches (70 cm) = 1 nebiu

-Mayan Cubit: Zapal – 55 inches (142 cm) … Kukulkan Pyramid = 2 nebiu

-Stonehenge: megalithic rod: (100 megalithic inches, 2.5 MY = 81.6 inches {207.3 cm}) = 3 nebiu 82.5 inches (210 cm)

Indus Valley: the Harappans used an “Indus foot” of 34.55 cm and a “double foot” of 69.11 cm. These results are equivalent to the length of the spirit light cubit and its half.

-Author research at Aztec Ruins National Monument great kiva. Great kivas at Chaco Canyon and Salmon Ruins kiva and rooms in New Mexico provide significant results using 55 inches (140 cm) = 2 nebiu or a zapal.

So finding the same measurement or similar measurement, per the archeologists provides firm compelling evidence that these cultures had either common ancestors and/or communication between them. So that is what I am connecting; the case I present is 5 different cultures over 4 continents being connected with each other in some fashion thousands and thousands of years ago through the “spirit of light” cubit.

The evidence through the archeologists are clear that this unit of measure existed.

The book excerpt provided on the webpage here also goes into my research of where and how ancient measurements were determined; these being body proportions, see the Vitruvian Man by DaVinci and Vitruvius. I posit from evidence that 27.5 inches measure was codified from the average length of the human spine (27.9”). The spine is symbolically represented as a serpent (see kundalini) and this measurement was used at all these cultures sacred sites; places designed to raise the “kundalini” for raising and enlightening consciousness.

In a very abbreviated nutshell, through the archaeological evidence, this unit of measurement provides persuasive support for the existence of an ancient global reaching civilization who had a purpose of building spiritual sites around the world designed to raise human consciousness.

As a final note of interest here this coming Sunday August 9th I am giving a Zoom presentation on the material in my book which may appeal to some readers. Here is the link; [edgarcaycenyc.org]

I hope this clarifies the subject of my book and the focus here. Thank you all to readers for your patience I had been having challenges getting on the board. (user error)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Three brief questions for Donald B Carroll 389 Susan Doris 04-Aug-20 16:50
Re: Three brief questions for Donald B Carroll 142 drrayeye 04-Aug-20 20:18
Re: Three brief questions for Donald B Carroll 131 Susan Doris 05-Aug-20 05:10
Re: Three brief questions for Donald B Carroll 144 DBCarroll 05-Aug-20 23:47
Missing element 129 drrayeye 06-Aug-20 01:07
Re: Missing element 133 DBCarroll 06-Aug-20 04:14
Different interest 140 drrayeye 06-Aug-20 10:09
Re: Different interest 192 DBCarroll 06-Aug-20 18:37
Re: Three brief questions for Donald B Carroll 139 Susan Doris 06-Aug-20 05:16
Re: Three brief questions for Donald B Carroll 153 DBCarroll 06-Aug-20 05:47

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.