Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Eddie Larry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Asking whether the
> beginning of the Universe was random or not, or
> determined or not is simply making logical
> sounding statements about something we do not or
> did not experience,

I disagree. Imagine time in reverse. The closer we get to the Big Bang, the more ordered the Universe becomes. The original highly ordered state requires explanation. And random chance simply isn't a good explanation, even if you invoke a multiverse of alternate universes exploding randomly into other dimensions.

The only realistic premise is that the Big Bang was a non-random event. That's nothing like a wild guess.

Darryl

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 47292 Graham Hancock 04-Jun-19 15:43
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 546 Darryl Sloan 04-Jun-19 19:05
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 480 Susan Doris 07-Jun-19 07:13
Definitely not an atheist 652 Robert Jameson 15-Jun-19 07:52
Re: Definitely not an atheist 452 Darryl Sloan 17-Jun-19 10:55
The goldfish analogy 418 Robert Jameson 22-Jun-19 07:23
Re: The goldfish analogy 405 Susan Doris 22-Jun-19 10:53
Re: The goldfish analogy 401 Robert Jameson 22-Jun-19 12:27
Re: The goldfish analogy 411 Susan Doris 22-Jun-19 15:04
Re: The goldfish analogy 407 Eddie Larry 22-Jun-19 19:16
Making something up is terrific and necessary in Science IF 409 drrayeye 22-Jun-19 21:44
Everything is natural 402 greengirl5 23-Jun-19 00:12
Don't stop there 411 drrayeye 23-Jun-19 00:47
Re: Don't stop there 408 hendrik dirker 23-Jun-19 03:35
I met Thomas Kuhn once, Hendrik, 397 drrayeye 23-Jun-19 05:34
From my 'Out of left field' file 401 Robert Jameson 23-Jun-19 09:55
Re: From my 'Out of left field' file 415 Susan Doris 23-Jun-19 12:52
Re: From my 'Out of left field' file 432 Robert Jameson 24-Jun-19 00:52
The paper clip analogy 397 Robert Jameson 23-Jun-19 00:27
Re: The paper clip analogy and chance 409 greengirl5 23-Jun-19 05:07
Monkeys bashing typewriters does not stack up 409 Robert Jameson 23-Jun-19 10:09
I believe you! 396 greengirl5 23-Jun-19 12:23
science jargon 405 drrayeye 23-Jun-19 06:54
Re: The goldfish analogy 403 Darryl Sloan 24-Jun-19 17:56
big bang 398 drrayeye 24-Jun-19 23:45
Re: big bang 397 Robert Jameson 25-Jun-19 03:18
Re: big bang 384 Susan Doris 25-Jun-19 05:16
Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 395 drrayeye 25-Jun-19 06:56
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 405 Susan Doris 25-Jun-19 07:15
There is more to science 393 drrayeye 25-Jun-19 12:10
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 409 Eddie Larry 26-Jun-19 21:51
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 409 Susan Doris 27-Jun-19 07:28
Rant of the month 398 drrayeye 27-Jun-19 08:30
Re: Rant of the month 386 greengirl5 27-Jun-19 23:15
Teach your children 396 drrayeye 28-Jun-19 03:36
Re: Teach your children 406 Susan Doris 28-Jun-19 05:11
Re: Teach your children 389 Darryl Sloan 28-Jun-19 08:17
Re: Teach your children 390 Susan Doris 28-Jun-19 10:21
Re: Teach your children 392 Susan Doris 28-Jun-19 13:06
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 385 Eddie Larry 27-Jun-19 19:02
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 400 Robert Jameson 28-Jun-19 07:36
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 386 Eddie Larry 28-Jun-19 14:25
Re: Science vs. philosophy vs. pop culture 383 Darryl Sloan 28-Jun-19 07:47
Evidence for a creator 399 Robert Jameson 28-Jun-19 09:45
Re: Evidence for a creator 412 Susan Doris 28-Jun-19 10:39
Re: Evidence for a creator 402 Robert Jameson 29-Jun-19 07:52
Re: Evidence for a creator 390 Susan Doris 29-Jun-19 09:29
Re: Evidence for a creator 401 Nolondil 30-Jun-19 14:38
Re: Evidence for a creator 386 Susan Doris 30-Jun-19 15:28
Re: Evidence for a creator 387 Eddie Larry 30-Jun-19 18:12
Re: Evidence for a creator 396 Robert Jameson 01-Jul-19 01:49
Re: Evidence for a creator 422 Susan Doris 01-Jul-19 08:12
Re: Evidence for a creator 383 Robert Jameson 01-Jul-19 22:10
Re: Evidence for a creator 381 Susan Doris 02-Jul-19 05:10
Re: Evidence for a creator 424 Robert Jameson 02-Jul-19 06:06
Re: Evidence for a creator 844 PB Bytes 03-Jul-19 17:08
Re: Evidence for a creator 404 drrayeye 29-Jun-19 10:48
Re: Evidence for a creator 394 Robert Jameson 30-Jun-19 01:30
Re: Evidence for a creator 398 Susan Doris 30-Jun-19 04:52
Re: Evidence for a creator and great scientific minds 392 greengirl5 30-Jun-19 05:42
scientistic jargon misses nuances 384 drrayeye 30-Jun-19 12:33
Re: scientistic jargon misses nuances 388 Susan Doris 30-Jun-19 14:02
Re: big bang 393 Darryl Sloan 25-Jun-19 19:26
Re: big bang 392 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 05:10
Re: The goldfish analogy 406 Eddie Larry 25-Jun-19 00:53
Re: The goldfish analogy 395 Darryl Sloan 25-Jun-19 19:36
Re: The goldfish analogy 402 drrayeye 25-Jun-19 20:13
Re: The goldfish analogy 404 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 05:16
Re: The goldfish analogy 387 Darryl Sloan 24-Jun-19 17:48
Re: The goldfish analogy 406 Darryl Sloan 24-Jun-19 17:46
Re: The goldfish analogy 390 Susan Doris 25-Jun-19 05:26
Re: The goldfish analogy 401 Darryl Sloan 25-Jun-19 19:43
Re: The goldfish analogy 399 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 05:25
Re: The goldfish analogy 394 Eddie Larry 26-Jun-19 21:42
Re: The goldfish analogy 397 Darryl Sloan 24-Jun-19 17:30
"self" between the eyes 392 drrayeye 24-Jun-19 23:53
Re: "self" between the eyes 407 Darryl Sloan 25-Jun-19 19:48
Re: "self" between the eyes 392 drrayeye 25-Jun-19 20:09
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 429 rulebook54 24-Jun-19 19:45
Mod Note > rulebook54 - Threaded vs. Flat View 404 Dr. Troglodyte 24-Jun-19 22:25
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 394 Susan Doris 25-Jun-19 05:39
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 399 Susan Doris 25-Jun-19 13:56
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 402 Eddie Larry 25-Jun-19 14:21
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 392 Susan Doris 25-Jun-19 15:12
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 394 Eddie Larry 25-Jun-19 16:21
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 406 Darryl Sloan 25-Jun-19 20:18
the kingdom of God is within you 407 drrayeye 25-Jun-19 20:36
Re: the kingdom of God is within you 399 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 05:39
Re: the kingdom of God is within you 392 drrayeye 26-Jun-19 06:33
Re: the kingdom of God is within you 389 greengirl5 26-Jun-19 07:10
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 391 Eddie Larry 25-Jun-19 20:42
Me 395 greengirl5 26-Jun-19 03:08
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 399 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 05:31
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 401 Darryl Sloan 26-Jun-19 20:20
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 396 Darryl Sloan 25-Jun-19 20:04
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 403 Eddie Larry 25-Jun-19 20:37
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 396 Darryl Sloan 26-Jun-19 20:22
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 405 Eddie Larry 26-Jun-19 20:34
Cats and dogs 389 greengirl5 27-Jun-19 23:27
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 418 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 06:54
July coming up 387 greengirl5 26-Jun-19 07:41
Cosmic consciousness-theism! 400 greengirl5 26-Jun-19 07:50
Re: July coming up 391 Susan Doris 26-Jun-19 09:08
Re: July coming up 395 greengirl5 26-Jun-19 10:46
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 405 Darryl Sloan 26-Jun-19 20:31
love from above 416 drrayeye 26-Jun-19 23:51
Re: love from above 403 Susan Doris 27-Jun-19 07:36
Kohlberg 384 drrayeye 27-Jun-19 08:06
Re: Kohlberg 392 Susan Doris 27-Jun-19 11:04
Piaget 394 drrayeye 27-Jun-19 19:21
Re: Piaget 389 Eddie Larry 27-Jun-19 21:49
Re: Piaget 373 Susan Doris 28-Jun-19 05:23
Re: love from above 378 Darryl Sloan 30-Jun-19 18:43
No time! ? ? 388 greengirl5 30-Jun-19 23:49
Re: Welcome to Darryl Sloan our author of the month for June 2019 430 Thanos5150 27-Jun-19 05:27
It's not in the text 410 drrayeye 26-Jun-19 21:25
Re: It's not in the text 420 Susan Doris 27-Jun-19 07:41
How Suart saves his family 404 drrayeye 27-Jun-19 08:17
Re: How Suart saves his family 405 Susan Doris 27-Jun-19 11:07
No 405 drrayeye 27-Jun-19 18:21
Am I the only one? 408 greengirl5 27-Jun-19 23:53
Re: Am I the only one? 389 Susan Doris 28-Jun-19 05:33
Re: Am I the only one? 389 greengirl5 28-Jun-19 08:00
Re: It's not in the text 408 Darryl Sloan 28-Jun-19 09:08
Let's try a different approach 395 drrayeye 28-Jun-19 15:42
Re: Let's try a different approach 391 Darryl Sloan 30-Jun-19 18:58
You are a good guy! 418 greengirl5 28-Jun-19 23:51
Farewell, everyone! 414 Darryl Sloan 30-Jun-19 20:22
Re: Farewell, everyone! 396 drrayeye 30-Jun-19 23:11
lets hear it for the universe 391 jazzmumbles 01-Jul-19 00:55
Re: Farewell, everyone! 396 Eddie Larry 01-Jul-19 02:47
Re: Farewell, everyone! 408 Robert Jameson 01-Jul-19 05:55
Re: Farewell, everyone! 404 Susan Doris 01-Jul-19 08:18


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.