Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
MDaines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In fact, I go so far as to strongly suggest that
> the language I am translating, commonly known as
> Sumerian, is the original language, the language
> of the Matriarch. I don’t compare it to
> Egyptian. However, there are entire sections of
> the Sumerian texts that lead me to believe it is
> not unrelated. Far from it. I will need time.

I am mostly assuming there was a single ancient language and the evidence for it is pretty shallow. But logic strongly supports the idea that all animals of a species share at least the root of a language. There's also the fact that if any animal or tribe were superstitious then it could not survive in the real world. Each member would become a dinner item in short order. There are also several data points that suggest Sumerian and Egyptian were quite similar such as the borrowing of several Sumerian "spells" wholesale for use in the Pyramid Texts.

> You write “I have no way to know you’re
> wrong”. But you do have a way to be pretty sure
> that I could be right!

Yes! I believe you are likely correct pretty much across the board.

> This is one of the oldest literary texts in
> existence. My method works. You write “Ancient
> language can’t really be translated”; I have
> to disagree but perhaps we are not talking about
> the same thing at all.

People build models so easily we don't even notice we're doing it. Unless you argue the point I have to believe you've built models of the language and are understanding it in terms of those models. I do this but am cognizant of the model building. Almost all scientific "knowledge" today isn't really knowledge at all but rather models built from experiment. Holding experimental results in mind is different than constructing models of those results.

> Logogram? Why not ‘symbol’? I’m particularly
> sensitive to confusion of any kind.

I never aim to confuse or obfuscate and should not have used that word. It was appropriate to a recent concversation and it was just on my mind.

Yes. Symbol.

> If I can’t make myself
> and my method understood to anyone who takes the
> time to thoroughly read the book, then I will have
> failed in my task.

This stuff is hard to communicate and it is complicated by the fact few want to hear or can give up their beliefs.

> Cladking, have you published a re-translation of
> the Pyramid texts? Sorry to ask but I have stayed
> away from looking too hard at Egyptian
> hieroglyphs, for fear of becoming sidetracked.
> There is so much work to be done.

I'll do this one of these days. It's such a simple thing to write I could knock it out in a long day.

Man fears the pyramid, time fears man.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 2364 Graham Hancock 03-Aug-17 10:57
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 464 cladking 06-Aug-17 14:43
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 447 MDaines 06-Aug-17 17:35
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 503 cladking 06-Aug-17 18:55
The KABAL 635 MDaines 08-Aug-17 08:13
Re: The KABAL 429 cladking 10-Aug-17 14:55
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 546 eyeofhorus33 08-Aug-17 08:37
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 535 cladking 10-Aug-17 15:10
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 731 Bruce Cornet 26-Sep-17 23:20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.