Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
In fact, I go so far as to strongly suggest that the language I am translating, commonly known as Sumerian, is the original language, the language of the Matriarch. I don’t compare it to Egyptian. However, there are entire sections of the Sumerian texts that lead me to believe it is not unrelated. Far from it. I will need time.

You write “I have no way to know you’re wrong”. But you do have a way to be pretty sure that I could be right! That’s what my book does. That’s why it’s presented in the form of a bilingual book with symbols/phonetics/meaning on one side and the full translation on the other. It speaks for itself, or at least it should! There is an entire text, The Instructions of Shuruppak, laid out for all to see, with full explanation. This is one of the oldest literary texts in existence. My method works. You write “Ancient language can’t really be translated”; I have to disagree but perhaps we are not talking about the same thing at all.

Yes, the symbols were distorted, turned 45 degrees and given additional meanings. This is common knowledge and can be found on Wikipedia. I posit in my book that this was a deliberate action, designed to confuse. The name of it was KA-BAL, the turned word.

Logogram? Why not ‘symbol’? I’m particularly sensitive to confusion of any kind. It’s the only way to get to that unique pyramid hidden in the centre of the jungle – cut away the undergrowth. I try to keep my own language simple, extremely accessible to anyone who takes an interest in this subject. If I can’t make myself and my method understood to anyone who takes the time to thoroughly read the book, then I will have failed in my task.

Cladking, have you published a re-translation of the Pyramid texts? Sorry to ask but I have stayed away from looking too hard at Egyptian hieroglyphs, for fear of becoming sidetracked. There is so much work to be done.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 2364 Graham Hancock 03-Aug-17 10:57
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 464 cladking 06-Aug-17 14:43
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 447 MDaines 06-Aug-17 17:35
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 503 cladking 06-Aug-17 18:55
The KABAL 635 MDaines 08-Aug-17 08:13
Re: The KABAL 430 cladking 10-Aug-17 14:55
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 546 eyeofhorus33 08-Aug-17 08:37
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 535 cladking 10-Aug-17 15:10
Re: Welcome to Madeleine Daines author of the month for August 2017 731 Bruce Cornet 26-Sep-17 23:20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.