Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Graham

Thank you very much for the introduction as author of the month! The ‘Burning Man’ festival in the Nevada desert was spectacular. I was lucky enough to stay in a camp led by a seasoned Burning Man veteran called Bill who was in his late 60’s. Previously he had introduced me to an extraordinary ayahuasca shaman. To quote Bill "There is always time for kindness, and what better time than now?" Burning Man is a fascinating temporary city based on gifting (no money, no bartering) and radical inclusion – a real world Brigadoon lasting nine days. It is a glimpse into how people could live, with close parallels to the themes in my book ‘Psychedelic Marine’. In fact, I have not witnessed such comparable altruism anywhere since living in Afghanistan with other Marines. It leads me to ponder "Why do people act with such kindness in extreme environments?" Each of us can draw our own conclusions ... What do others think?

Thank you Graham, I’m honoured – and look forward to being author of the month on your website.

Warmest regards
Alex

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome to Alex Seymour Psychedelic Marine Author of the Month 1532 Graham Hancock 10-Sep-16 09:23
Re: Welcome to Alex Seymour Psychedelic Marine Author of the Month 292 Alex Seymour 11-Sep-16 11:04
Re: Welcome to Alex Seymour Psychedelic Marine Author of the Month 604 Bewildered 14-Sep-16 18:08

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.