Author of the Month :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
Join us at this forum every month for a discussion with famous popular authors from around the world. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
As is well known I'm not a big fan of the ancient alien hypothesis. I believe all of the deep mysteries of our ancient past are best explained by a lost human civilisation and that it is unnecessary to invoke aliens. For example the Great Pyramid of Giza -- surely one of the most mysterious monuments of the ancient world, if not THE most mysterious. Yet it has inaccuracies: e.g. side lengths vary by as much as 7 inches and alignment to astronomical north, though very good, is not precise (there is a 3/60th of a single degree error). Surely if the Great Pyramid involved aliens who had mastered the technology to cross inter-stellar space and arrive at our pale blue dot of a planet they would have been able to build a perfectly accurate monument? I think the inaccuracies speak of human workmanship. Yet since the Great Pyramid is anomalous in so many ways (encoding the dimensions of our planet, for example, or the raising up of the 70-ton ceiling blocks of the "King's Chamber", etc, etc) I don't feel it is adequately explained by the technology of 2,500 BC or by the conventional Egyptological model and theories. Hence my conclusion that knowledge inherited from a lost human civilisation may be involved. I think most here are familiar with my arguments from "Fingerprints of the Gods". I see no need for aliens to explain the Great Pyramid or any other monument of the ancient world when a lost civilisation will do the job much more simply and elegantly.

In short I think the physical universe is full of life. In fact I think that what it's for. And I am sure there are intelligent beings on zillions of planets in this physical universe, but I see no evidence in any ancient monuments here on earth that requires me to propose anything other than a lost human civilisation to explain the construction of these monuments. Whenever I've been interviewed by "Ancient Aliens" I've tried to say that loud and clear and gone to great pains to emphasise that this is my view; but since I've never seen an episode of "Ancient Aliens" I don't know whether or not my own very clear and oft stated position -- it's a lost human civilisation -- made it through the cutting room.

Likewise with modern "UFO" and "alien" contacts while I accept that there IS a mystery and there are very real phenomena to explain, I think we jump too quickly to the conclusion that it is "nuts and bolts" physical aliens from other planets that are behind these phenomena. The answer could be much more mysterious from that -- those who are familiar with my book "Supernatural" will know what I am talking about here. At the very least any theory of these contacts and visitations must be able to explain why they are accessible through profound alterations in consciousness as well as on the physical plane. Rick Straassman's research with DMT and human volunteers is particularly relevant here since about half of his volunteers underwent experiences very similar to those reported by people who believe they've been abducted by aliens. One possibility is that "abductees" are people who spontaneously produce more endogenous DMT than others (the pineal gland is almost certainly involved) and enter into a deeply altered state of consciousness in which these experiences occur. This is NOT to say that the experiences are unreal or fantasies or "mere hallucinations". My guess is they are very real indeed but that we need to expand our definition of reality. Perhaps in altered states of consciousness aspects or dimensions of reality that are not normally accessible to our senses do briefly become accessible to us. While not claiming to have the answer to the mystery I think it's more likely we are dealing with inter-dimensional visitors here than with inter-stellar visitors. Shamans in the Amazon working with Ayahuasca, for example, often have visions of vehicles very like the flying saucers reported by Western abductees but shamans construe these as vehicles for entering and leaving the spirit world rather than travelling across interstellar space. When a shaman speaks of the spirit world he/she is not very far away from the idea of a parallel dimension or parallel universe. And yes, perhaps these psychic vehicles do have some form of physical reality that can from time to time show up on a radar screen.

With all that being said, I also believe in freedom of speech and part of the function of this website is to allow the exploration of many different perspectives on the mystery of our past. It's in that spirit that I welcome Xaviant Haze as our featured author for March 2014.

Post Edited (01-Mar-14 16:37)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 459 Graham Hancock 01-Mar-14 13:57
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 163 carolb 01-Mar-14 14:25
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 326 Graham Hancock 01-Mar-14 16:48
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 170 Archae Solenhofen 01-Mar-14 17:32
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 165 Xaviant Haze 01-Mar-14 19:43
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 167 Archae Solenhofen 01-Mar-14 21:43
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 167 Xaviant Haze 01-Mar-14 19:42
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 161 LaraCroft 01-Mar-14 22:41
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 169 shando 04-Mar-14 03:31
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 160 randompHactor 04-Mar-14 03:51
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 139 Ratcho 04-Mar-14 06:30
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 182 Archae Solenhofen 04-Mar-14 17:36
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 172 Chris Jordan 04-Mar-14 18:25
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 141 Richard Fusniak 04-Mar-14 10:11
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 158 randompHactor 04-Mar-14 14:37
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 141 Richard Fusniak 04-Mar-14 16:19
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 168 randompHactor 04-Mar-14 16:41
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 176 shando 04-Mar-14 20:05
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 165 randompHactor 04-Mar-14 20:27
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 185 shando 05-Mar-14 02:59
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 180 Chris Jordan 05-Mar-14 05:02
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 182 shando 05-Mar-14 06:53
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 195 Chris Jordan 05-Mar-14 07:41
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 278 Graham Hancock 04-Mar-14 14:00
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 204 shando 04-Mar-14 19:54
Re: Welcome Xaviant Haze as our author of the month for March 165 Xaviant Haze 06-Mar-14 04:00

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.