Misc. :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
A social and/or notice board and is not so much for discussing Grahams work, or related topics as covered by the other boards, but more like a place where people can share other things. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Yeah I rented a car last weekend and do not use credit cards so I had to put up a cash deposit and two utilities in my name, problem is only one in my name so siter-in-law used her debit/credit card as the deposit.
The young guy then said it was like cash not credit card. After I brought back the car and payed the bill they said it could be up to 10 days before the "deposit" got back into her account. They "conveniently" forgot to explain that part to her! They said they would release it as soon as the bill was paid. They did that but still will take up to 10 days to return to her account.
Being as she was holding off paying a couple of bills to make sure no overdraft problems would occur this put her in a bind. I gave her the money to put in her account until the "deposit" returned but, to me at least, this sounds like this company is holding onto the deposits and making interest off it for that extra time while explaining it away as a simple oversight on the employee's part while explaining it.

So at times I wonder if these are actual errors or a purposeful tactic used to garner a slight benefit disguised as errors. Imagine 1 out of a 100 people have happen, each month, what your friend had happened and had to pay a penalty/fine of say only $5 and there were 10 million customers. That would be 100,000 penalties! Easy money for the companies.

Regards,
Lobo-hotei
lobo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 117 Richard Fusniak 05-Jun-06 22:40
Re: The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 25 ladyswanca 06-Jun-06 03:10
Re: The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 69 Louise 08-Jun-06 01:28
Re: The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 100 lobo-hotei 08-Jun-06 15:42
Re: The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 50 birtwistle01 08-Jun-06 22:42
Re: The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 28 Louise 09-Jun-06 00:04
Re: The Banks' Abuse of the Credit Register 34 birtwistle01 09-Jun-06 12:20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.