Gunpowder, Treason & Plot :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
This is the board for you if you wish to discuss or explore conspiracies of any kind, historical or current. 
Welcome! Log InRegister

Figures from 90,000 - 150,000 for American serviceman injured and disabled from tours in Iraq and Afganistan.

Cost of Iraq war - 3 Trillion dollars
[The true cost of the Iraq war: $3 trillion and beyond - Washington Post]

Cost of Afghanistan war.....over 1 Trillion as media says both wars will cost over 4 Trillion.

**A Veteran's Death, the Nation's Shame - NYTimes.com

excerpt:
An American soldier dies every day and a half, on average, in Iraq or Afghanistan. Veterans kill themselves at a rate of one every 80 minutes. More than 6,500 veteran suicides are logged every year — more than the total number of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and Iraq combined since those wars began.

**Suicides Eclipse War Deaths for U.S. Troops - NYTimes.com

excerpt:
Paul Rieckhoff, executive director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, called suicides among active-duty military personnel “the tip of the iceberg.” He cited a survey the group conducted this year among its 160,000 members that found that 37 percent knew someone who had committed suicide.

**Veterans make up 1 in 4 homeless - USATODAY.com [2007]

Type into google: US Soldiers - domestic abuse- mind altering drugs
and article hits like below will appear.

**Afghanistan massacre by U.S. sergeant reveals epidemic of psychiatric drugging of soldiers

US General Smedley Butler wrote in his 1935 classic, "War Is a Racket"

: "I helped make Mexico safe for American oil interests in 1914," "I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested." Butler acknowledged that he'd spent most of his thirty-three years in the Marines as "a high class muscle man for Big Business, Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism[ts]."
[s/Important Quotes 2-16-8 -Rense.com]

and....

Quote:
In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as "dumb, stupid animals to be used" as pawns for foreign policy.

Bob Woodward & Carl Bernstein
The Final Days
Chapter 14, pp. 194-195

T Bird

Post Edited (18-Jul-12 21:43)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
PNAC: Rebuilding America's Defenses; The Document That Wished for 9/11 to happen 530 spitfire888 18-Jul-12 02:31
Re: Mission Accomplished! 137 Thunderbird 18-Jul-12 21:40
Re: Mission Accomplished! 92 Lothur 19-Jul-12 01:07

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.