Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
from oliver sacks book hallucinations
the ferevent mystical and religious feelings a sense of holy in every culture suggests that there is a biological baises for them, as ecstatic seizures suggest a specific nueral basis in the temperal lobes.
the Pineal Gland. It is the Spiritual Third Eye, our Inner Vision, and it is considered the Seat of the Soul. It is located in the geometric center of the cranium.the temporal lobe is involved in several functions of the body including: Auditory Perception ,Memory,Speech ,Emotional Respones and Visual Perception
The Power of our Pineal Gland
calcite crystals can be found in the pineal gland and they are speculated to be medium through which electromagnetic (and geomagnetic) fluctuations affect the production of pineal gland chemicals such as melatonin, and possibly even DMT (if it is indeed made within the pineal gland) thereby possibly affecting consciousness.
Toning sacred sounds help cancel out unwanted vibrations and activates the Pineal Gland. For centuries the pineal gland has been associated with paranormal phenomena. Eastern philosophies have tended to view the pineal as an important “chakra” or energy vortex, which, if activated, opened the individual to psychic experiences and cosmic vision. The ancient Greeks considered the pineal as the seat of the soul, a concept extended by Descartes, who philosophically suggested that this unpaired cerebral structure would serve as an ideal point from which the soul could exercise its somatic functions.
[2012.tribe.net]
While the physiological function of the pineal gland, has been unknown until
recent times, mystical traditions and esoteric schools, have long known, this area
in the middle of the brain, to be the connecting link... between the physical and
spiritual worlds.
[www.strayreality.com]
[www.mysticbanana.com]
[www.multidimensions.com]
the secret history of the world, mentions chakras used by egyptions. also mentions how moses horns where realy the two petals for the 3rd eye chakra, another form of enlightment, moses recived the ten comandments whilst on a mountain, maybe other peoples experiences on mountain tops are down to 3rd eye awakining
[www.grahamhancock.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Hindu temples are built in accordance with Vedic principles are placed where the earth's magnetic field densely passes through. I think that the ancient holy sites were used to induce altered states of consciousness in connection with religious practice.When initiatory rites are conducted at the time of solar and lunar eclipses, and at the solstices and equinoxes, the blood of the participant is brought to greater levels of magnetic vitality than would be the case at any other time. The magnetisation of the bloodstream is intimately related to the awakening
mayan temples showing 3rd eye carving
[mayaruins.com]
from the book zelator david ovason
the ureaus represents a aleet vision. a vision of the serpent initiate.ready to stike outwards with the rapidity of the snake, the aureus is the active serpent energy of higher clairvioance. it is a vision transformd into the initiate wisdom by a seraching eye.the placeing of the serpent eye (its john churchward who claims the so called serpent race were people who gained enlightment by activating the 3rd eye and its been miss represented by the likes of david ike and the like) btween the ordenary eye explaines why it is somtimes called the 3rd eye. this serpent image is still preserved on the foreheads on the giant heads of ramasesII in the temples of aincent thebes and is especially noticable on those in luxor. it self the ureus is an image of a coiled serpent its head poised forward as if to strike. this third eye is the serpentine eye of atum this is what oreintal estocerics call the anju chakra. in aincent times the interface btween the material and the physical world was a () called ru. the ru allowed entry into the spiritual world and ingress back into the material relm. the secret eye symbol of the egyptians owich allows the initiate to peer into the spiritual world has survived extensivily in alchemical and rosicrussions imagery.The Portal of Judgment, Chartres Cathedral looks like a ru, could this location be another place that stimulates the 3rd eye.
picture from
[www.grahamhancock.com]
also from the film from beyond a way of opening the 3rd eye
where Scientists create a resonator to stimulate the pineal gland (sixth sense), and open up a door to a parallel (and hostile) universe. Based on a story by H. P. Lovecraft.
[www.imdb.com]

also from the book hollow earth, by david Standish,
in 1869 a cyrus teed was working in a electro-alchemical laboratory, the results were published in the illumination of koresh. He said he had transformed material substances he now intended to apply to the spirit, to make manifest his highest ideal of creative beuty.
Quote, I experienced a relaxation at the occiput or back of the brain and a peculiar buzzing tension at the forhead (3rd eye), a vibration so soft and dilciferous that I was impressed to lay myself upon the gently osculating ocean of magnetic and spiritual ecstasy.
It has been suggested that it was nothing more than a accidental near-electrocution from the electricity he was so fond of fiddling with. A zolt to the brain wich produced a vision.
Suffused by this ocean of electro-magnetic-spiritual energy he lies back on it as if on a mystical water bed. I felt I had departed from all material things. He hears a sweet soft murmmer as if from a thousand miles away. He tries to speak but its in a voice he has never heard before.
Fear not my son, he finds himself saying in a strange voice. Thou satifactory offspring of my proudest yearning! I have nutured thee through countless embodiements the voice continues its revelations taking him on a journey through his many past lives, good, bad, and horrible. The voice then tells him to look and “see me as I am, for though has desired it” offspring of osiris and isis

Post Edited (06-Jun-13 11:29)

If you think I am good on a counterbalance, you need to see me on a reach!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 1507 michael seabrook 06-Jun-13 10:35
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 218 PB Bytes 11-Jun-13 00:38
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 222 randompHactor 11-Jun-13 20:31
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 222 Green Ruby 06-May-14 02:37
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 219 David L 13-Jun-13 00:55
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 224 PB Bytes 13-Jun-13 01:33
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 252 michael seabrook 14-Jun-13 14:11
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 241 michael seabrook 19-Jun-13 00:03
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 203 randompHactor 13-Jun-13 01:34
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 235 Cain 13-Jun-13 02:07
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 230 PB Bytes 13-Jun-13 22:51
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 256 Cain 14-Jun-13 00:32
Re: awaking of the 3rd eye chakra, mystical and religious feelings 241 michael seabrook 04-May-14 22:25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.