Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Joseph, I agree with you in nearly everything that you said. And I am active. But my lifetime hobbies and pastimes, however, have been exactly the topics that frustrate me on these message boards, especially the one about politics and current events - the peculiar way mankind tries to solve his problems by just getting into more trouble.

What those people who claim to hate Bush and the United States don't seem to realize is that they are hating us for being the way THEY are! I say this: If the mouse doesn't want to get caught in the trap, he should stay away from the trap. And if he gets too close to the trap, in the name of God Almighty, he should not sink his teeth into the cheese!

Here's an example that my wife and I saw last night on Spanish language TV: A group of Puerto Ricans said during an interview that although they support Bush's Iraqi policies and love the United States, they want Puerto Rico to be a sovreign and free country, independent of the United States. As you probably know, being American Citizens, the Puerto Ricans can enter and leave this country as they so desire. So why can't they understand that the only way to not fall into the clutches of the USA is not to bite down on the cheese any more? They can't have it both ways.

Also, when one talks about the USA, he isn't talking about people of English descent only. Even at the end of the Revolution, there were fewer Englishmen in this country than Germans. The USA is the way it is, mainly because the USA is the world. This idea that people should be able to get too close to the set trap and eat the cheese without the trap snapping down on them is a problem that well deserves to be here in Inner Space and not on "that other board."

So, Joseph, if we're not going to solve that fundamental problem affecting modern world relations, we should just give up and turn our minds in another direction - like going fishing, for instance.

Although my mother was a hopeless drug addict, I was never attracted to them in any way. And believe me, I've been broad-minded about the matter. I've tried them all. Congratulations for being able to beat the habit.

Also, I reiterate, as I always do, if we want to keep mankind from being his own worst enemy, there's only one solution to all this mess - a spiritual solution.

Gene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How Not to Torture Your Mind! 725 gene douglas 18-Feb-04 09:50
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 188 Briffits 18-Feb-04 10:29
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 200 gene douglas 18-Feb-04 11:50
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 222 jameske 18-Feb-04 12:47
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 191 gene douglas 18-Feb-04 14:52
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 228 jameske 18-Feb-04 15:13
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 265 Janey 18-Feb-04 15:35
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 221 gene douglas 18-Feb-04 18:11
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 212 cardinal guzman 18-Feb-04 18:44
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 227 gene douglas 18-Feb-04 21:49
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 198 Anne-Marie 18-Feb-04 22:27
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 214 gene douglas 18-Feb-04 23:01
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 205 jestahley3 21-Feb-04 06:15
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 218 gene douglas 21-Feb-04 10:09
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 290 Janey 24-Feb-04 12:46
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 218 gene douglas 24-Feb-04 14:45
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 229 Kboldt 24-Feb-04 16:01
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 202 gene douglas 24-Feb-04 21:28
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 264 Fredspage 25-Feb-04 00:08
Re: How Not to Torture Your Mind! 314 Fredspage 25-Feb-04 00:10
What a nice post... 149 drew 31-Jan-20 00:38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.