Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
We all make the same mistake:

We think we are psychologists par excellence.

What does it take to correct this mistake in human behavior? I know that I have FAILED MISERABLY, pretending to be a "know-it-all" psychologist.

Some years ago I was being a friend to another person. Then, one day, I exploded and gave a critique of that person's character, with yelling and near violent atmosphere. I thought I was "informing" the other person. I was driving my car at the time. When I dropped off the other, they swiftly called the police and I was met by them at my home. They thought, according to the other, that I was suicidal, and the police were concerned. I told them that we had an arguement, and I said some aggressive words to that other person, and that I was not suicidal.

Today, referring back to that, I learned two things: I am not a licenced psychologist and I learned that confrontational behavior is a LOSING GAME, all around the subject. So I vowed to not explode at anyone and to NOT say my piece to others AT ALL.

This, of course, has put me into a silence of private thinking "about" other people.

What I have learned is that my OWN PERCEPTIONS are not neccessarily the truth about others. I have had some hectic "thoughts" about others; and NONE OF IT IS THE TRUTH OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

I had to discipline myself to not judge, confront nor behave adversely toward other folks.

It was a good teaching to me to hear that "others are doing the best as they can".

So, anger, hostility, judgementalism and negative thoughts of others are NOT THE WAY TO INTERACT with other people. I am 65 now, and a lifetime of lessons are under my scrutiny and meditation.

There is NOT ONE REASON for me to literally assault someone by telling them off!!!
That is not a community-minded behavior.

So, I have disciplined myself to be compassionate, understanding and MOSTLY PATIENT to see another's real value in due time.

That is enough to last a lifetime.

You should dissolve all discrimination of individuality and absorb all things into a harmonious oneness.
The virtue of a highly evolved being embraces all people and things and dispels the darkness which isolates them.

Hua Hu Ching-primary lesson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11-Jun-20 02:12 by Itatw70s.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Psychology... not us at all!!!! 224 Itatw70s 11-Jun-20 01:56
Re: Psychology... not us at all!!!! 80 Susan Doris 11-Jun-20 05:23
Re: Psychology... not us at all!!!! 117 Itatw70s 11-Jun-20 15:47

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.