Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I am very happy to share what I believe shall be told to the world for their salvation, but often I think of the saying, "don't throw pearls to dogs," which means that many religious beliefs must be private when communicating to people because there is no way to convince anyone different than a belief they already have grounded from many years of learning down their path of discernment. However I can propose the evidences in a speech and give reasons for my beliefs in a presentation, and respond to any questions if there are any.

In the early 1900s a priest translated a gospel hidden away in the back of a church in Tibet from Aramaic into English. There are two historical stories of this event, one account given from those who refuse to believe the document is Authentic, and the other account which I believe to be true, is the accurate account of those who believe the document is authentic. Regardless, I made my conclusions after reading it a few times, and I was lifted out of my seat in complete excitement with the findings.

To give you a small introduction I have read many of the NT apocrypha, examined and paralleled much of the Jewish-Christian documents, read threw and given accounts of the different versions of the works of Josephus, thoroughly examined the Dead Sea scrolls, and of course read the bible in entirety. Ideas that I have found are such as an indication that the name Simon Magus was a fictional character that was made as a mockery of Simon Peter trying to make him out to be a magician and the arguments between them was referring to the account of Paul...

So to enter the title of my post, reading through the Aramaic gospel, which reads as more of a complete story of all the gospels together and elaborates on things, I found a part in the gospel where they made a mistake in copying from the earlier gospel they were using. The conclusion is that this Aramaic gospel was written at an unknown time before the 2nd century but the main point is that there had already been many versions of gospels at this time which is marked and shown to be previous than when any of the 4 gospels were written.

The scribe error is that they let slip into the document two different accounts of Christ meeting Andrew and Simon Peter. The account that is in our modern bible of Jesus walking by Andrew and Peter fishing is false and meant to place Peter into the rank of a fisherman, he was a holy man, a man who dedicated his whole life to following the Messiahs, not a fisherman.

Here are the two accounts, one obviously slipped in by mistake at a later passage, the first from the Aramaic:

"5.THE day after, John stood by the Jordan and two of his disciples. And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Christ, the Lamb of God! And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
6. Then Jesus turned and saw them following and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi (which is, being interpreted, Master), where dwellest thou? He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.
7. One of the two which heard John speak and followed him was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first findeth his own brother Simon and said unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted the Christ. And he brought him to Jesus And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon Bar Jona: thou shalt be called Kephas (which is, by interpretation, a rock)."

In the Dead Sea Scrolls it says there are 2 Messiahs. They took that out of our bible. Here you can see that they slipped and it translated - "We have found the Messiahs," plural, then it calls them both "Christ," singular.

After the passage it goes on to say how Christ met the other disciples. Here is the next passage later, which is in our bible:

"1.NOW Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by John the Baptist for Herodias his brother Philip’s wife, and for all the evils which he had done, added yet this above all, that he shut up John in prison.
2. And Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And as he was walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net in the sea; for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway forsook their nets, and followed him."

You can see it is shorter and different. Then after that is goes on to say how Christ met the other disciples.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 464 PrimevalWatcher 10-Jun-20 18:41
Very interesting 159 drrayeye 10-Jun-20 21:43
Re: Very interesting 160 Itatw70s 10-Jun-20 23:54
Re: Very interesting 144 PrimevalWatcher 03-Jul-20 18:53
Re: Very interesting 141 PrimevalWatcher 28-Jun-20 16:14
Re: Very interesting 142 drrayeye 29-Jun-20 17:41
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 156 Eddie Larry 11-Jun-20 13:30
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 148 Glass Jigsaw 11-Jun-20 14:24
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 141 Eddie Larry 11-Jun-20 16:32
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 145 Glass Jigsaw 11-Jun-20 19:15
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 159 Eddie Larry 11-Jun-20 21:19
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 159 Glass Jigsaw 13-Jun-20 13:17
Re: Versions of the Earliest Gospel of Christ 154 Eddie Larry 13-Jun-20 22:20
Thanks! 144 drrayeye 11-Jun-20 17:00
A credible Aramaic 'gospel' ? 173 eyeofhorus33 19-Aug-20 10:44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.