Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Romans 9:11-12.

"Yet before the twins (identically wrought in the womb) were born or had done anything good or evil-in order that God's purpose in election might stand: not by works but by Him who calls...."

Interesting to say the least. Yet, the most has to do with one's life history COMPARED to God's mercy; the fact of choices made EVEN IN THE LIGHT OF TANGIBLE LAW. A state of "do no evil" stands tall and straight in the officiation of law. Yet, how can such a lawful entity CONFIDE in the heart of mankind? It is not by works, "but by Him who calls". He says, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion", (Romans 9:15).

This is mostly a quandary of individual choices that presume to know one's fate. But, how can "fate" determine a person's actual life experiences? What could, possibly be a reason for any mercy from God? I don't see what God sees; therefore, I already fail to grasp the hope IN CONFIDENCE.

The verse (9:11) is reminiscent of the horror in New York in 2001. Some of those folks chose to jump from the heights to die without the burning fires within the buildings. The three kinds of death also included the crushing of tons of concrete and metal. Who brought them to decide their fatal demise? In fact, who "decides" our fatal demise? It is the Mercy of God; no-one else!!!

This topic is about whether an action is good or evil, not based on human rationality, but by God's gracefullness.
What do you think? Is God not honored by His own actions? I say He is, most definitely.

You should dissolve all discrimination of individuality and absorb all things into a harmonious oneness.
The virtue of a highly evolved being embraces all people and things and dispels the darkness which isolates them.

Hua Hu Ching-primary lesson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 914 Itatw70s 29-Jun-19 19:21
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 129 Eddie Larry 29-Jun-19 19:49
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 125 Itatw70s 29-Jun-19 21:16
The school of hard knocks 157 Eddie Larry 30-Jun-19 01:36
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 111 greengirl5 04-Jul-19 23:12
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 114 Eddie Larry 05-Jul-19 00:00
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 130 Susan Doris 30-Jun-19 12:52
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 127 Nolondil 30-Jun-19 14:02
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 145 Itatw70s 30-Jun-19 19:57
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 121 Enigcom 03-Jul-19 18:56
Re: Good or evil, only God decides by personal faith. What more can be said? 122 Itatw70s 03-Jul-19 19:57
We already know 127 drrayeye 04-Jul-19 01:43
Just your imagination ... 139 eyeofhorus33 04-Jul-19 20:17
Re: Just your imagination ... 124 Itatw70s 04-Jul-19 23:00
Baby geniuses 216 drrayeye 05-Jul-19 05:01

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.