Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I'm a Muslim... And one of my hobbies is to try and see how Islamic Theology and scripture can align with historical timelines. And after listening to the very compelling evidence of Graham Hancock (Im going to read the books) presented on the JRE podcast I have been contemplating how some of the points Graham made can align with Islamic Theology.

The Qur'an doesn't give any specific timeline for the unfolding of events. It does say "days" through various passages but those are equated to thousands even tens of thousands of years so to me the timeline in the Qur'an is decently accurate.

Islamic scholars do talk about the story of Noah and how the flood reached as high as mountain peaks. Which Graham talked about in the podcast...

The Qur'an also talks about the people of Lot and how God smite them with rocks that reigned from the sky and traces of them would never be found... Similar to how Graham describes the comets that hit earth from outer space...

It amazes me how a cross the vastness of earth over time and from people to people we all have very similar views of how we got here... Could it have come from 1 source?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 1152 Reitbj1 18-Jun-19 04:32
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 194 Susan Doris 18-Jun-19 05:30
Popular fantasies about human evolution 166 drrayeye 18-Jun-19 21:18
Re: Popular fantasies about human evolution 159 greengirl5 20-Jun-19 03:48
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 152 Open mind 27-Jun-19 22:19
Mod Note > Topic Moved 141 Dr. Troglodyte 18-Jun-19 16:18
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 162 drrayeye 18-Jun-19 21:14
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 156 greengirl5 20-Jun-19 07:46
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 183 michael seabrook 13-Jul-19 08:07
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 150 Itatw70s 14-Jul-19 00:09
Re: Islamic Theology, Cataclysms and Ancient Civilizations 279 eyeofhorus33 14-Jul-19 06:30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.