Science & Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For all that is Scientifically related to Cosmology and Space. (NB: Please take discussions about UFOs, possible Alien contact, Crop-Circles, Alien Abductions, Planet-X and Niburu to the ‘Paranormal and Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Zosimos,

In my understanding, "science" has a tendency to ignore most things that do not fit their theories, or at least they modify their assumptions to suit with yet more ad-hockery, in order to keep the theories viable.

Remember 'MOND' - MOdified Newtonian Dynamics!

Richard Hoagland might have a point in his ideas, but who knows.

You wrote:

> " I think he's being a bit 'over-dramatic' by asserting that it had to be an exploded planet that caused this. Can't there be large amounts of debris floating around in inter-stellar space?"

In my understanding, as I have said previously, it is very likely that a whole load of material was exploded into space from Mars...and recently.

There are many Martian meteorites on Earth and I speculate that our moon is also devastated with this material, particularly in the "highland" regions on the 'near side' that faces us.

Therein lies a true enigma.

So, if the solar system was formed some 4.5 billion years ago, why is all this stuff still floating around?

Cheers

Dio

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Shattered planet 716 scimitar 04-Feb-04 10:46
Re: Shattered planet 268 Diomede 04-Feb-04 19:28
Re: Shattered planet 251 Zosimos 04-Feb-04 20:02
Re: Shattered planet 251 Diomede 05-Feb-04 00:24
Re: Shattered planet 246 Zosimos 05-Feb-04 01:50
Re: Scars 264 Thunderbird 05-Feb-04 05:39
Re: Shattered planet 241 Geoff 05-Feb-04 03:15
Re: Shattered planet 246 Mercury Rapids 05-Feb-04 09:51
Re: Shattered planet 294 scimitar 05-Feb-04 10:37
Re: Shattered planet 426 Brew99 10-Feb-04 05:05

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.