Science & Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For all that is Scientifically related to Cosmology and Space. (NB: Please take discussions about UFOs, possible Alien contact, Crop-Circles, Alien Abductions, Planet-X and Niburu to the ‘Paranormal and Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
If you didn't already notice this, social scientists have:
[www.scientificamerican.com]

A Monday Is a Tuesday Is a Sunday as COVID-19 Disrupts Internal Clocks

In April Jenny Rappaport sat down to inspect her calendar because she could not tell how many days had passed since New Jersey’s stay-at-home order took effect. Before COVID-19, her life had structure and a pace, and she knew the day of the week without giving it a second thought. The pandemic has changed all of that. “There’s nothing different between Thursday and Sunday or Monday,” she says. “The sameness feels numbing. I think [it] has screwed with my sense of time completely. I’ve never had that happen before—except for when I was deeply depressed.”

Several research groups have taken advantage of this unplanned natural experiment to gauge the psychological impacts of time distortions and, in turn, their effects on mental health. Psychologists know that time sense links to well-being. Its perceived slower passage can represent signs of depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Rappaport’s feelings jibe with the findings of preliminary studies. Overall, people seem to be experiencing time more slowly, according to data that are beginning to be compiled. In a not yet peer-reviewed preprint paper, Sylvie Droit-Volet, a time perception researcher at the University of Clermont Auvergne in France, and her colleagues show that people there report the clock moving more slowly during the lockdown. The researchers also document feelings of sadness and boredom and tie them to the overall feeling of deceleration.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Experience of time changes in quarantine 162 Nolondil 29-May-20 23:36
Re: Experience of time changes in quarantine 66 Susan Doris 02-Jun-20 05:24
Re: Experience of time changes in quarantine 57 Nolondil 02-Jun-20 19:26
Re: Experience of time changes in quarantine 52 Aine 05-Jun-20 17:04
Re: Experience of time changes in quarantine 51 greengirl5 06-Jun-20 08:44
Re: Experience of time changes in quarantine 51 Eddie Larry 06-Jun-20 17:35
Re: Experience of time changes in quarantine 67 Glass Jigsaw 08-Jun-20 11:00

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.