Global Village :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For good-natured and mutually-respectful discussions of politics and current affairs. Soap-boxing and the promotion of extremist causes motivated by hate will not be tolerated by our moderators. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Wasn't Brandon's post superb! I have to congragulate him on that one. Fantastic...

As for the views of Lucifer in both Urantia and the Bible, and elsewhere in the universes, we can assuredly accept each others points, as I have come to the understanding that the Urantia book is merely explaining Biblical "secrets." This, I have a hard time with, but it's all going into the same place...

The reason I believe that Urantia is not "the next chapter" of Revelation is because of one little verse in Revelation that makes the entire clause of the Bible, and Gods grace relative.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Ergo, for me, Urantia cannot have divine roots, as this demotes the above verse. Why would John write this? Wouldn't Christ have said something about our future expecting the Urantia book to him?

There is one part of the book that explains this...I can't remember where (it's been a while) but it says something to the effect of the limited time left to reveal the truth and the books importance in coming out into the public when it did and how Melchizadek made this possible, and how there would be people (like me) who would say that it is crackpot and so forth. To me, this is a brilliant cover-up. Someone had to be very smart to write this book, but I don't believe it was a Midwayer. My utmost reason for this is the Bible itself. Why on earth would God allow the bible to remain, when he knew there is a way better tool like the Urantia book, or why didn't the divine beings of the Urantia book write the Bible? Why would God leave the Bible up to men? Sorry if this offends you Dom, but if you could get me some sort of manuscripts or proof that the book is written by so and so (not that the Bible does, but the dead sea scrolls and Tenakh are a different story), then I would have a mind to re-evaluate the book. Until then, my faith in the Urantia book is slightly marred, not that it isn't genius...

Jer

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 204 Dominick Ohrbeck 05-Sep-02 22:21
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 116 banah 06-Sep-02 22:55
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 124 Dominick Ohrbeck 07-Sep-02 00:31
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 171 Seth 07-Sep-02 01:52
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 76 Dominick Ohrbeck 07-Sep-02 03:01
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 136 Jergat 08-Sep-02 04:12
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 209 Dominick Ohrbeck 08-Sep-02 06:40
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 111 Jergat 08-Sep-02 07:16
Oh yeah - include those Urantia parts in this thread n/t 148 Jergat 08-Sep-02 07:20
Here are the Opposing Viewpoints for the Sake of Discussion (LONG) 248 Dominick Ohrbeck 08-Sep-02 07:33
Re: Here are the Opposing Viewpoints for the Sake of Discussion (LONG) 233 Jergat 08-Sep-02 08:25
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 97 Dominick Ohrbeck 08-Sep-02 07:55
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 123 Jergat 08-Sep-02 08:31
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 106 Halbared 12-Sep-02 11:46
Questions About the Urantia Book 105 Dominick Ohrbeck 08-Sep-02 03:28
Motion to obtain the floor... 133 J.Rafferty 07-Sep-02 11:44
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 99 Orion von Koch 08-Sep-02 03:44
Re: Milo: "Formal" Theological Debate on Lucifer's Role in Development of Human Civ. 138 Dominick Ohrbeck 08-Sep-02 07:20
Re THE LUCIFER REBELLION 108 msutton 12-Sep-02 11:28
Re: Re THE LUCIFER REBELLION 212 Halbared 12-Sep-02 12:10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.