- I can't. I can acknowledge that you gave a list of historical incidents and examples but to qualify it as "generations?" I can't. This is what I mean by you expressing yourself and position in your first reply...
"No, what we learned is that you will attribute to others whatever position best allows you to pontificate endlessly about the self-perceived wisdom of your position."
- Amazing how unanswered simple questions about one's actual position results in being labeled "pontificating" or as some sort of strawmaning the other's position.....
"We learned that because regardless of numerous protestations and clarifications you continued to misrepresent my patently obvious position just to advantage yours."
- Now now, don't assume. Again, repeating myself... all I asked was for clarifications so as to understand what the hell your position actually is.
"Sowell like these people"
- Sowell is not like 'those people."
"We keep hearing that "black lives matter," but they seem to matter only when that helps politicians to get votes, or when that slogan helps demagogues demonize the police."
"if black lives really matter, as they should matter like all other lives"
"Chief among those who generate this poisonous atmosphere are career race hustlers like Al Sharpton and racist institutions like the "Black Lives Matter" movement. All such demagogues need is a situation where there has been a confrontation where someone was white and someone else was black. The facts don't matter to them."
"the role race plays every day in America."
- Maybe for you but not me. Quantity of one's melanin tells we nothing about who you are. That it does for you is, _______.
"Not that we should accept responsibility for the past but instead to simply acknowledge the role the past plays in the present."
- Right. And is "endemic, institutional racism" still present? Present in Black run cities with Black Police Commissioners, Captains, Chiefs, Prosecutors, Judges, DA's, Mayors, Governors, Senators (State and Federal)??????
" you insist on only considering the present and assume since a black man argues the black community needs to save itself your indifference is justified."
- I'm not 'indifferent' in the slightest. What was that about 'attributing to others whatever position best allows you to pontificate endlessly?' Riiiight. I've been for and active on getting 2A back into Black communities for years and for getting them off the Democratic plantation. Black communities are just like disasters we see in DEM/FEMA i.e. local ones. Long after the Feds and everyone outta town leaves, it's on the locals to live there. If they don't sort their stuff for themselves, then it'll go back to the way it was before once the Feds or whomever leaves. That is fact.
"Your argument here amounts to a -what have we done lately to oppress the black community"
- Not entirely accurate but that is an avenue when one uses historical examples from 50 to 200 years in the past to support their claim or support of "endemic, institutional racism."
"Sorry but you don’t get to define the term systemic institutionalized racism as applied to race relations in America so narrowly nor may you insist I satisfy such a meaningless question."
- Oh, so now it's "systemic?" That's even more ridiculous!!! How many times, eli, do I have to repeat to you that I was asking about how Cappy and by your injection, you, are defining those words, that term because by the basic definition (that you provided) and through recent history (less than 50 years ago) that term is clearly not applicable. I know it sounds intelligent but using it for something today is just stupid.