Global Village :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For good-natured and mutually-respectful discussions of politics and current affairs. Soap-boxing and the promotion of extremist causes motivated by hate will not be tolerated by our moderators. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Brian Patterson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aine posted:
>
> "Did you not read what I wrote?"
>
> "Quote
>
> "These clowns can protest--peacefully.
> That's within their rights. But once you
> start waving guns around, it's no longer peaceful.
>
> Peaceful would have been a sit in or some such."
>
> Who is waving guns around?

They have guns. That's waving guns around. If it were truly peaceful, they'd have left the guns at home.

Ryan Bundy has said he's willing to kill...and be killed. That's a threat.

>
> You posted:
>
> "Which is UTTERLY irrelevant.
> They are armed and openly threatening
> law enforcement officers WHILE ILLEGALLY OCCUPYING
>
> A FEDERAL BUILDING. I can't believe I even have to
> explain
> this to you."
>
> I have not seen anyone
> threaten law enforcement, but
> I have not been watching the news today.

See above.
>
> When I was watching it yesterday,
> there was no law enforcement on the scene.

So law enforcement has to actually be present for them to be threatened?
>
> You posted:
>
> "Let me lay it out for you. People
> like these nuts are dangerous.
> Anarchy is not a good thing--but if you
> think they're in the right, Have Gun Will Travel,
>
> why don't you go and join them?"
>
> I simply think they are
> protesting. Possibly with good reason.

LOL No.

Tell me, what started all this?

> Anarchy? Join them?

Go for it. Have fun and good luck.

> You posted:
>
> "I also don't take very kindly
> to their sympathizers calling for my
> death simply because I am a federal employee.
> So yeah, I want them taken out before they get
> me."
>
> I have seen no one call for your
> death. At least you admit you want them killed.

You must not be on Facebook. There are some real loony toons...and they're egging these nutjobs on.

> From your first post on this thread.
>
> "They're terrorists. Everyone but the media gets
> that.
>
> I hope the FBI takes them out."
>
> Before the facts were or are in, you wanted them
> killed.

There is no excuse for forcibly seizing federal (read: public) property and holding it hostage. That usually ends badly for the perpetrators. They're criminals and should be treated as such.
>
> You posted:

> "Is that plain enough for you?
> They have no right to threaten me or
> anyone else who is employed by ANY government
> agency, be it federal, state or local or law
> enforcement
> at any level. That is terrorism."
>
> You haven't been threatened by them.
> You are simply being overly dramatic to
> make a point that has no basis in reality.

A threat on one is a threat on all. Federal employees are killed while performing their duties more than you'd think, and now we have people openly threatening open season on social media. I really wish I was making this up and being dramatic, but in light of what happened in San Bernadino, I'm not.

> You posted:
>
> "I am using reason and logic and the
> rule of law. It's not my fault if you don't
> want to hear it."
>
> I disagree.
>
> I posted:
>
> "But for some reason, and
> maybe I am simply reading this
> incorrectly, you seem to be almost
> hysterical in your rants concerning the
> events in Oregon."
>
> Your response:
>
> "Because I am sick of these
> types of people. They're insane
> and they're just as dangerous as ISIS."
>
> You are entitled to your opinion,
> but so far, they haven't attacked anyone,
> cut off anyone's head live on television, murdered
>
> Christians, Shia, Yazidis, and anyone else who
> doesn't
> conform to their religious ideology. So, no.
> Another hysterical rant.

You don't have to do any of those things to be crazy. Taking over a government building just hoping they kill you so you can start an armed insurrection against the government isn't sane. I'm sure you can see that.
>
> You posted:
>
> "At least be honest with yourself:
> if they were not white rednecks--if they
> were black, Latino or Arab Muslim--they'd be
> dead already and you'd be questioning what took
> the G men so long to get them."
>
> No, Aine, I am not a racist. That is simply
> your projection onto people who disagree with you,
>
> in an effort to dehumanize them, and make you seem
> "almost" reasonable.

I never said you were a racist. I said to be honest with yourself.
>
> You posted:
>
> "And in other news, Tamir Rice is still dead."
>
> Yes, shot to death by police.
> The same police you would have go
> in and kill the protestors in Oregon.

The difference is that Rice was a 12 year old boy with a toy gun running around a park and couldn't defend himself...and he was killed in seconds. These are grown men with real weapons also running around a park and no one shoots them.

Oh, the irony.
>
> But that is irrelevant.
> You are simply posting hysterically.

Whatever.

>
> You posted:
>
> "They are not protesters.
> They are terrorists and should
> be dealt with as such. They believe the federal
> government is illegitimate and is not allowed to
> own
> land even though that land is held by the American
> people.
> They will never attempt to settle their issues
> legally in court
> because, of course, the courts have no authority
> either because the
> United States of America doesn't exist. In their
> fantasy world, taking land,
> rights and property by any means necessary,
> including armed sedition, is acceptable.
> It's also okay to threaten police and law
> enforcement who are attempting to do just that:
> enforce the law".
>
> Aine, you are simply misinformed.
> No one is threatening police. No one is
> trying to take over the government. No one is
> trying to kill you. No one is saying The United
> States
> of America doesn't exist. What they are protesting
> is what
> they consider to be an over reach of their federal
> government.

Here's what Cliven Bundy actually said, Brian. Please pay attention. He said that he does not recognize the authority of the federal government, only that of the state of Nevada. But Nevada directly contradicts him. LOL It's funny, really. He has a pre-Civil War view of sovereignty and states rights. :smacks forehead:

In 1995 one of the ranchers bombed the US Forestry Service. Did you know that? Oh, but they're peaceful, yeah, sure.

But let's play "what if" for just a minute. EVEN IF the feds "seized" the land illegally, that still doesn't mean the ranchers own it. Because most of it was taken illegally from the Native Americans. So, even if the feds gave up the land and returned it to their rightful owners, the ranchers are still SOL because it was never their land to begin with. I don't know what they're complaining about. If a private entity owned that land, they'd be paying $20 or $30 a head for grazing rights. BLM charges them $3 per head...and they're STILL not satisfied. They want FREE use of land that a private entity would charge them big bucks for.

> You posted:
>
> "This is what right wing hysteria does to
> people."
>
> I wouldn't know. On this thread
> the only hysteria I see is coming from the left.

The hypocrisy is laughable. As I said upthread, if this were a group of Black Panthers or ISIS, you'd be screaming for their heads on a plate.

> "What do you do with them?"
>
> Tell them they have to leave, not kill them.

And if they don't leave? Then what?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Oregon Yeehawdists 2165 Loki74 03-Jan-16 23:52
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 501 Aine 04-Jan-16 00:30
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 480 Jergat 04-Jan-16 17:18
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 529 Aine 04-Jan-16 17:32
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 442 Jergat 04-Jan-16 17:53
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 516 Aine 04-Jan-16 18:03
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 481 Jergat 04-Jan-16 18:19
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 555 Aine 04-Jan-16 20:57
Re: Call it terrorism when their white...a social movement when their black? 420 Ratcho 05-Jan-16 14:43
Re: Call it terrorism when their white...a social movement when their black? 572 Aine 05-Jan-16 15:48
Re: easy to tell you have no idea of the facts 526 Ratcho 05-Jan-16 16:05
Re: easy to tell you have no idea of the facts 551 Aine 05-Jan-16 16:22
They were tried twice 548 Ratcho 05-Jan-16 16:35
Re: They were tried twice 563 Aine 05-Jan-16 16:48
Re: Call it terrorism when their white...a social movement when their black? 459 Sirfiroth 05-Jan-16 17:00
History repeats itself...only last time it was Eric Holder? 527 Ratcho 06-Jan-16 16:28
Re: History repeats itself...only last time it was Eric Holder? 529 Aine 06-Jan-16 18:00
What difference does it make (think Hillary ;) ) 547 Ratcho 07-Jan-16 01:58
Re: What difference does it make (think Hillary ;) ) 526 Aine 07-Jan-16 12:24
Re: What difference does it make (think Hillary ;) ) 469 calisurfer30 08-Jan-16 02:19
Re: What difference does it make (think Hillary ;) ) 519 Aine 08-Jan-16 17:24
Thread split 1003 Loki74 04-Jan-16 06:21
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 522 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 17:56
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 615 carolb 04-Jan-16 18:03
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 342 Aine 04-Jan-16 18:05
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 514 Sirfiroth 04-Jan-16 18:27
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 475 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:16
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 741 Sirfiroth 04-Jan-16 20:21
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 545 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 18:25
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 483 carolb 04-Jan-16 18:35
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 440 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 18:37
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 456 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 18:40
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 518 carolb 04-Jan-16 18:43
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 455 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:14
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 422 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:04
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 690 calisurfer30 05-Jan-16 03:35
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 388 Aine 05-Jan-16 14:21
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 533 calisurfer30 06-Jan-16 01:54
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 522 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 19:21
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 480 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:23
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 562 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:29
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 596 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 19:33
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 383 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:38
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 557 Brian Patterson 04-Jan-16 19:45
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 553 Aine 04-Jan-16 19:55
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 610 poster72 04-Jan-16 21:55
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 426 Aine 05-Jan-16 01:24
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 423 poster72 05-Jan-16 19:13
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 512 Aine 05-Jan-16 19:37
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 456 carolb 05-Jan-16 19:50
mod note 412 JonnyMcA 05-Jan-16 20:05
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 486 poster72 05-Jan-16 20:51
A discussion about the issues in this case 456 Ratcho 08-Jan-16 20:08
Thugs 404 Ratcho 05-Jan-16 20:08
Re: Thugs 407 Aine 05-Jan-16 20:44
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 569 ldennyjr 05-Jan-16 15:32
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 468 Brian Patterson 05-Jan-16 16:58
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 424 Aine 05-Jan-16 17:28
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 578 drrayeye 05-Jan-16 20:07
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 411 Aine 05-Jan-16 20:27
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 441 ldennyjr 05-Jan-16 21:42
Ethics 407 drrayeye 05-Jan-16 22:09
Re: Ethics 547 Aine 06-Jan-16 20:50
taught by your father to never point a gun 586 Ratcho 06-Jan-16 01:59
Re: taught by your father to never point a gun 426 Aine 06-Jan-16 14:56
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 609 Brian Patterson 05-Jan-16 22:08
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 303 Brian Patterson 05-Jan-16 18:49
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 417 Aine 05-Jan-16 20:05
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 433 Brian Patterson 05-Jan-16 21:58
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 530 carolb 06-Jan-16 21:40
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 375 Aine 07-Jan-16 12:19
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 519 Sirfiroth 06-Jan-16 23:33
Pot/Kettle moment 426 randompHactor 06-Jan-16 23:57
Re: Pot/Kettle moment 524 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-16 01:03
Re: Pot/Kettle moment 387 randompHactor 07-Jan-16 02:39
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 514 Ratcho 07-Jan-16 02:07
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 363 Aine 07-Jan-16 18:26
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 588 carolb 07-Jan-16 19:08
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 505 Aine 07-Jan-16 19:33
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 436 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-16 19:26
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 445 Aine 07-Jan-16 19:31
LIberal Yeehawdists 617 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-16 20:55
LIberal? 478 drrayeye 07-Jan-16 22:10
Re: Yes LIberal Federal Government. 498 Sirfiroth 08-Jan-16 02:08
LIberal 430 drrayeye 08-Jan-16 11:31
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 508 carolb 07-Jan-16 00:20
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 554 Loki74 07-Jan-16 07:30
Armed, pathetic and hungry 414 Loki74 07-Jan-16 08:22
Re: Armed, pathetic and hungry 465 Aine 07-Jan-16 12:51
Re: Armed, pathetic and hungry 524 Loki74 07-Jan-16 16:01
Re: Armed, pathetic and hungry 519 Aine 07-Jan-16 16:33
Putting things in perspective 490 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-16 19:19
Re: Putting things in perspective 481 Aine 07-Jan-16 19:30
Re: Putting things in perspective 514 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-16 21:19
Re: Putting things in perspective 428 Aine 07-Jan-16 21:59
Re: Putting things in perspective 499 carolb 07-Jan-16 22:36
Re: Putting things in perspective 495 Aine 08-Jan-16 01:33
Re: Putting things in perspective 558 Sirfiroth 08-Jan-16 02:09
By all means lets not let facts get in the way 495 Lothur 09-Jan-16 16:54
Re: By all means lets not let facts get in the way 504 carolb 09-Jan-16 17:20
Re: By all means lets not let facts get in the way 483 Lothur 09-Jan-16 17:51
Re: By all means lets not let facts get in the way 709 carolb 09-Jan-16 19:41
Re: By all means lets not let facts get in the way 619 Lothur 11-Jan-16 00:40
Personally..... 501 calisurfer30 08-Jan-16 02:25
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 625 adequatedane 08-Jan-16 22:09
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 435 Lothur 09-Jan-16 17:54
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 448 adequatedane 09-Jan-16 18:55
Let's take a look at the person behind the appeal 531 Ratcho 10-Jan-16 16:18
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 598 Lothur 10-Jan-16 22:16
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 470 adequatedane 10-Jan-16 22:37
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 541 D-Archer 10-Jan-16 10:45
Spot the special forces wannabes 428 Loki74 10-Jan-16 17:02
Hilarious narrative Andy! 563 Sirfiroth 10-Jan-16 23:46
Re: Hilarious narrative Andy! 510 Loki74 11-Jan-16 09:01
Re: Hilarious narrative II Andy! 748 Sirfiroth 11-Jan-16 16:10
Lookit me, Ma! I's in Delta! 561 Loki74 11-Jan-16 13:38
Get lost buddy! I's a SEAL! 396 Loki74 11-Jan-16 13:42
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 489 bobj 21-Feb-16 19:08
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 609 Aine 22-Feb-16 00:41
Re: Oregon Yeehawdists 405 calisurfer30 24-Feb-16 01:50
Re: Sherriff's uprising ...defending one of their own against the Fed's 423 Ratcho 23-Feb-16 21:06


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.