Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Origyptian wrote:

> DScribr wrote:
>
> > Ori refuses to accept the truth, and is too wishy-washy to
> > claim ANYTHING 'definitively'.
> >
> > He doesn't hope to contradict our evidence, he tries to do
> so EVERY time.
> >
> > His misguided opinions and unfounded speculations continue,
> but
> > the facts remain unchanged.
>
> > ...
>
> > ...because you refuse to accept the 3 well-documented
> eye-witness accounts,
> > (made by well-respected Egyptolgists) that all state they ARE
> Tura...in fact,
> > you now refuse to admit these accounts even exist.
>
>
> Stop this nonsense.
>
> Regarding your claim that three well respected Egyptologists
> have decreed that the roof blocks in Campbell's chamber are
> Tura limestone and that I should, therefore, accept their
> decree, let me remind you:
>
> 1. I've never commented on Vyse's claim about Tura limestone.
> I'm not aware of any training Vyse had in geology that
> qualified him to make such a claim, or any geologist he might
> have contracted or quoted to have made such a claim.
>
>
> 2. Here are my comments on Romer's "Tura" claim:
Quote

He
> simply "says" they are Tura, but he provides us with no
> citation as verification. Meanwhile, the physical evidence says
> otherwise.
> [www.grahamhancock.com]
Romer
> claims G1 is a tomb, that the granite in G1 was excavated and
> shaped by pounding balls, and that to build G1 "they built this
> enormous ramp". And Romer also still believes the RCs served to
> relieve pressure from above. I consider his authority on
> anything related to geology or physics to be questionable at
> best. I am simply unable to unquestionably accept Romer's
> credibility in the field of geology or physics.

My Reply: You are simply unable to accept any and all facts that don't support your LLAC 'Theory.'


>
> 3. ...and on Houdin's "Tura" claim:
Quote

I stumbled on Lee
> Paulson's photos a few months ago...I was already somewhat
> familiar with Dowell's work (obviously now much moreso), and
> I've only learned about Chapuis in this present discussion.
> Each photographer's material has its strengths...I have no idea
> what basis Houdin used to claim those blocks are Tura. He's a
> modern architect, and yet his construction model of G1 has
> significant flaws in it, and so on what basis are we to accept
> his opinion about something over in the Geology Dept.?...Right
> now, I have no "preference" about whether any block is coated.
> Anything I've said about coatings is simply based on what the
> photos show. Paulson has a photo in which one entire granite
> ceiling slab seems coated while the entire adjacent slab seems
> uncoated in one of G1's lower RCs (in fact, his photo and
> Dowell's photo of the most southwest gable block in Campbell's
> Chamber both suggest it is mostly coated).

MY Reply: "SEEMS coated...SEEMS uncoated......SUGGEST it's coated..." Also, we are talking about the LIMESTONE blocks here, NOT Granite. Your willful ignorance doesn't change the facts either.


The photos I've seen
> from several chambers show a wide variety of white goop on the
> walls in small blotches, large blotches, blotches centered over
> joints, blotches centered in the middle of the slab away from
> the joints, some blocks with no apparent coating at all, and
> other blocks that appear to be coated entirely, some limestone,
> some granite. It's just what I'm seeing in the photos. I have a
> few thoughts on it, but I'm not sure it belongs in this
> "Raising the Roof" discussion.
> <[www.grahamhancock.com];

My Reply: YOU are seeing what YOU want to see IN PICS. You have NOT been there, the 3 HAVE been there.

>
> "Eyewitness accounts" of an ancient stone, covered in patina
> and soot, in pitch darkness, viewed with flashlights, without
> being able to take any samples hardly proves anything as
> "fact". The stones do not seem to be from the same quarries.
> It's not even clear...which paint markings were done at the
> quarry vs. at the construction site vs. in situ. Why do you
> think it would it matter to me whether those slabs are
> Tura...that I would be so fixated on denying that claim?

"...The stones do not SEEM to be from the same quarries..."
>
> What does Houdin know about geology? Based on the analysis I've
> read from him regarding the Grand Gallery, it's not even clear
> to me how much he understands about architecture. However, I do
> respect him tremendously even though I disagree with his
> conclusions. I respect him mainly because of how he's captured
> the attention of orthodoxy to stretch their tenet to include
> other possibilities.
> <[www.grahamhancock.com];
>
> Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for you to cite the posts where
> I've ever denied that those three investigators made the claim
> of Tura in the RCs or where I've claimed those "roof blocks are
> NOT Tura"...in the spirit of "truth" and "honesty".
>

Your earlier comments ARE simply YOUR opinion, and in NO way can YOUR opinions be considered valid physical evidence. Why don't you apply YOUR standard of proof to YOUR 'non-claims'??? (YOU are seeing what YOU want to see IN PICS. You have NOT been there, the 3 HAVE been there.)

No doubt Houdin knows ALOT more than you about Geology, ETC. regardless of how unclear it is to YOU what he knows.

You ARE fixated with telling us that they are NOT Tura, and your posts in 'Raising The Roof' are ample proof of this.

Bears repeating: Ori refuses to accept the truth, and is too wishy-washy to
claim ANYTHING definitively....BUT, this doesn't stop you from telling us repeatedly that they are not Tura.




Try following your own advice, "Stop this nonsense."



Currently accepted Pyramide dates stand until proven otherwise.
Campbell's Chamber roof blocks are Tura Limestone until proven otherwise.
THE Cartouche in Campbell's Chamber IS Authentic, as are ALL other RC's Glyphs, until proven otherwise.


"This Forgery 'theory' has more holes than a sieve basket."

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 1059 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 464 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 498 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 549 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 475 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 473 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 460 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 531 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 472 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 456 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 461 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 494 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 469 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 465 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 394 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 430 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 409 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 472 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 501 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 463 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 494 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 428 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 409 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 449 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 499 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 450 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 438 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 476 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 464 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 468 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 523 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 496 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 460 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 470 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 419 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 391 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 481 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 455 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 466 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 514 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 442 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 468 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 429 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 528 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 404 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 506 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 432 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 421 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 424 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 457 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 489 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 440 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 433 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 496 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 433 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 504 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 465 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 417 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 429 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 452 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 461 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 499 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 462 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 463 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 511 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 461 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 436 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 453 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 401 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 503 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 423 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 434 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 345 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 446 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 431 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 449 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 451 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 462 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 399 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 428 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 600 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 474 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 494 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 516 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 458 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 427 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 550 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 573 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 435 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 449 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 476 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 485 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 533 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 474 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 390 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 452 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 443 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 485 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 566 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 458 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 467 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 508 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 465 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 572 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 430 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 453 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 400 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 484 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 476 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 438 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 419 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 441 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 484 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 512 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 397 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 567 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 448 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 544 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 645 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 418 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 509 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.