Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Origyptian wrote:

> Thanos5150 wrote:
>
> > Origyptian wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > No where in your reply do you acknowledge the fact you were
> > mistaken regarding the ostraca dating to the 2nd century AD,
> > the same era of Roman construction using stone from MC and
> not
> > "long before".
> >
> > You will no doubt ignore it once again and say "this is not
> the
> > point", but it is the point. Honesty. Respect. Contrition.
>
>
> I have denied nothing.

I did not say you "denied" it, I said you do not acknowledge it. Why would you misrepresent what I said like that?

> I took your comment in stride.

By ignoring them?

> Thanks
> for focusing the timeline.

I didn't focus on the timeline but rather your misunderstanding of it which you based your opinions on. Yet once again despite being in error you do not revise your opinions in light of new information that contradicts them.

> But the only point I was making

Right on cue as predicted. After refusing to acknowledge your mistakes you go right into the "the point I was making" routine playing the victim again that somehow you have been misunderstood. Don't you think its weird I said you would do this, you quote me saying you will do this, and sure enough this is exactly what you do?

> is that it was written after
> the fact and was not a daily journal but rather was written "in
> hindsight" with no explanation given. I'm sure you realize that
> was my point; does it matter whether the hindsight was 1 mo., 1
> yr., or 10 years?

Quote

According to Guiseppe ("Global Convict Labor"; 2015), the ostraca apparently were written long after much of the "quarrying" occurred.

Again, this is what you said. No where does this source say this. Before this is your previous post which I have quoted you said:

Quote

But OK, so it sounds like you're saying that the sheer volume of stone thought to have originated from "Mons Claudianus" makes it indisputable that the stone was quarried on demand by the Romans in the 1st c. AD.

You believe the quarrying was done in the 1st century AD but it was not, it was the 2nd century which in reality is when most of the ostraca date to; a clear contradiction of your own claims of fact. Again this speaks to the issue many have with you here.

So not only does the author not say what you claim he does, but you do not even know the correct century the Romans in question (Trajan/Hadrian) quarried there. So when you read in the other article where it says they are writing in "hindsight" you self-servingly interpret this to mean years, decades, or even the next century after the fact so therefore how can they be remotely accurate. The "reasonable doubt" mongering ever at work. But now you know they were written during the years they were doing the quarrying so do you revise your opinion? Correct these errors? No, you double down by ignoring it and say the point is..."does it matter whether the hindsight was 1 mo., 1yr., or 10 years?". Dishonest.

But why would you interpret this to mean "1mo, 1yr, or 10yrs" when obviously this makes no sense? You do so only to maintain your self-consistent narrative which compels you to cast a "reasonable doubt" to maintain it where otherwise there is none. And for some reason if they did make these mundane records this far out given it would be nearly impossible for anyone to actually remember such things, they would have compiled them from notes taken at the time. This is what we do with our tax returns every year is it not?

Regardless, he says they kept "inventories documenting the actual situation given on any given day". What is more likely to you that this was done in "hindsight" at the end of the work day, work week, or even a month; or as you suggest a year or 10yrs after the fact? Or even in the next century as you were suggesting before? What would be the point of making mundane quarry records of daily inventories 10yrs later? And regardless, I could not make daily inventories documenting what I did yesterday let alone a year or 10yrs ago. This is absurd.
And if I had to for whatever reason I would have to rely on collections of other documents made at the time otherwise it would be complete gibberish which obviously the ostraca are not.

But these are ostraca not formal ledgers regardless and are for the benefit of those working there, not to be archived by the state i.e. what would be the point of some mason making records of how much rock was moved on what day from which quarry 10yrs later? Kind of absurd don't you think? If one is being honest with themselves, there is no reason to assume the ostraca were not reasonably accurate made in a timely manner after the events occurred.

> It's interesting that you would express indignance about the
> lack of "respect".

Not at all. You seem bewildered why you receive so little and yet by the same token others would expect it from you. I am trying to help you understand why and give you a path to correct it.

> Sorry, but this sounds like a deflection. Perhaps it's a
> cultural difference that makes you so nonchalantly hostile when
> you are disagreed with but you don't notice it. Go back and
> read the escalation.

Yes, deflection by you. On cue. I am not sure what "cultural difference" you are referring to, but again please do not lie. My attitude toward you has zero to do with whether we agree or disagree and I have said this to you in no uncertain terms many times now and yet each time you lie and pretend I did not say this and play the victim card repeating the same lie over and over again. It has become pathological at this point. Why do you do this?

> I've treated others far better here than
> they have treated me.

I am sure many would disagree. Your dishonesty and willful obliviousness toward issues with your behavior are to me the worst treatment one could endure and clearly hostile passive aggressive behavior. You are not fooling anyone, sorry.

> I've only asked a very simple question
> and at least three of you have pulled out all the stops in an
> attempt to excoriate me.

Again you are repeating a blatant self-serving lie that again portrays yourself as the victim despite the fact you have been told in no uncertain terms countless times now by several posters this is not true. And for those keeping score at home "excoriate" means to censor. [corrected 6-27-that is "censure" not "censor] No one is trying to "censor" you Philip-we are trying to get you to stop lying all the time and be reasonable and honest about your claims just as we are. Why is this so hard for you?

As to the first part of your lie, another lie in and of itself, saying this is all because you "asked a simple question", a question answered as best as possible countless different ways, I believe DScribr has summed up this nonsense quite well. You should feel shame.

> The record is very clear on that.

Yes it is.

> On
> the other hand, I have repeatedly tried to clarify my question
> the best I can, I have posted each relevant ostraca I have come
> across in my reading, and have complimented the content of your
> posts despite your constant insults back.

Which has been answered the best we can to the satisfaction of everyone on the planet except for you and your familiar Jon. Which these ostraca clearly support MC being a Roman quarry, so I appreciate that. Yes, you pat me on the back while you lie to my face. Thank you. How "gentlemanly". Sorry, but again you are fooling no one.


> What continues to be insulting (or at least very frustrating)
> is that you seem to have the ostraca translations I've been
> asking for but still have not posted the info directly despite
> your propensity for thoroughness otherwise, such as your
> excellent photo bombs.

This would be in your own mind then as I do not have them and made no claims I do. Surely if I did I would post them here so unless you are trolling for someone to get this information for you as usual I am confused as to why you would suggest such a thing.



Post Edited (27-Jun-15 16:32)

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 1059 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 464 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 497 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 548 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 474 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 472 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 459 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 531 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 472 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 455 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 461 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 494 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 468 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 464 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 429 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 409 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 471 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 501 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 462 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 493 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 427 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 408 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 449 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 499 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 449 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 437 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 475 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 464 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 468 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 523 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 495 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 459 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 470 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 419 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 391 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 480 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 455 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 465 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 513 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 442 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 467 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 428 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 528 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 404 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 506 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 432 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 421 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 423 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 455 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 488 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 440 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 432 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 495 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 433 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 504 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 464 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 417 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 429 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 452 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 459 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 498 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 462 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 462 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 510 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 460 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 435 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 452 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 401 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 502 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 423 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 433 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 344 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 445 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 431 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 449 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 450 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 461 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 398 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 427 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 596 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 472 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 494 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 515 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 457 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 427 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 549 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 572 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 434 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 449 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 476 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 485 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 532 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 474 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 390 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 443 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 443 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 484 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 565 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 457 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 467 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 508 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 465 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 565 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 430 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 451 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 400 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 484 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 476 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 436 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 418 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 440 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 484 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 512 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 397 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 567 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 447 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 544 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 643 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 417 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 504 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.