Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dune wrote:
> First of all, although you are happy to quote Petrie's maximum
> and minimum length of those walls you fail to take his
> suggestion that after correcting for the open joints the mean
> measurement , comes to 412.4" , and i would imagine most would
> run with that advice on the basis of being of sound logic, and
> therefor closer to the intended length.

Hello Dune,
1) I wrote, ‘Min. length 412.53” x 3.143 = 1296.52”’ and ‘Max. length 412.78” x 3.143 = 1297.37”’
This should, of course, have read: ‘south wall length 412.53” x 3.143 = 1296.52”’ and ‘north wall length 412.78” x 3.143 = 1297.37”’
2) Perhaps I should have mentioned that these two measurements were taken near the floor of the Chamber as being closest to the intended measurements.
3) The readings in the chart (that I used) are the corrected results of Petrie’s measurements.
Immediately above the chart, Petrie wrote: ‘Applying, then, these corrections of the opened joints to the lengths of the lower course . . .’
4) Thus the mean length of the Chamber near its floor is 412.655” +/0.125”.

> Then you infer that I and Ori are making a mistake in using the
> present floor level as the base to measure the height of the
> chamber from.

No, Dune, I am not inferring that you and Origyptian ‘are making a mistake in using the present floor level as the base to measure the height of the chamber from’; I am stating it as a fact.
The point is that the pi ratio involves the height of the Chamber’s walls not, repeat not the height of the Chamber from the surface of its floor.
Jon asked you how many times you had found pi in the GP, and you replied ‘1’.
I pointed out to you that the pi ratio appears also in the north and south walls of the King’s Chamber.

> Your use of the phrase "raised floor" is wrong, i have never
> read any other works on the Great pyramid using that phrase for
> the Kings chamber, please direct me to any professional
> published papers or books that use it in describing the kings
> chamber floor.

Petrie: ‘Raised floor. Kings Cha.’
See ‘The Pyramids and Temples of Giza’ 1883. Section 47.

> In fact you can clearly see by this borrowed pic that loveritas
> posted yesterday that the floor level is continuous from the
> previous passage.

In fact the flooring extends from inside the KC right through to the Great Step; and there is a gap 3.3” to 5.2” deep between the sides of the floor blocks and the walls of the passages and the Antechamber.
At the doorway, the KC floor is 3.5” above the base of the KC walls, and the end of the passage floor slab (which protrudes slightly into the KC) is 4.3” above the base of the same walls – a difference in levels of 0.8”
At the Great Step its surface (on east side) is 5.2” above the base of the KC walls.

> So no, there is no raised floor, and 1 would suggest , "with
> respect", it is you that is in error to claim otherwise .

I do not believe this, Dune, I really do not believe this!
The raised floors in the KC and the passages and the Antechamber are real!
Inside the KC the floor is tilted, varying in height/rise by around 2”.
It is utterly preposterous for you to assert ‘there is no raised floor’.

> Yes the walls continue on past the floor level,

What!
You say ‘there is no raised floor’, and then in total contradiction say ‘the walls continue on past the floor level’.
For goodness sake, man, make up your mind which it is!
> but why bother
> to ascertain that value ?

I am bothering, Dune, because you were asked by Jon how many times pi appeared in the Pyramid, and you said ‘1’.
I merely point out to you that there are 2 (well known).
I'm now beginning to regret it.

> , so for now i will stick with 230.4"
> or 19.2 ft for the chambers mean height.

Even though it is clearly wrong to do so?

MJT



So many questions.
So few answers - and not one of them mine.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 1144 JonnyMcA 15-Jun-15 14:47
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 330 Starbinder 15-Jun-15 16:13
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 331 Casimir THth 15-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 364 DUNE 15-Jun-15 17:21
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 322 Skatha 15-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 341 MJT 15-Jun-15 20:27
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 296 Jon Ellison 15-Jun-15 20:34
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 333 DUNE 15-Jun-15 21:13
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 305 MJT 15-Jun-15 21:51
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 336 DUNE 15-Jun-15 22:23
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 354 molder 16-Jun-15 00:53
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 318 Jon Ellison 16-Jun-15 01:02
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 273 molder 17-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 454 Liddz 21-Apr-17 15:47
Mod Note > Duplicate Posts 432 Dr. Troglodyte 21-Apr-17 18:58
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 352 MJT 17-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 274 Origyptian 17-Jun-15 15:45
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 330 MJT 17-Jun-15 16:40
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 338 Origyptian 17-Jun-15 19:48
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 345 MJT 17-Jun-15 20:46
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 283 DUNE 17-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 298 MJT 17-Jun-15 20:23
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 346 Sirfiroth 17-Jun-15 21:20
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 332 Origyptian 17-Jun-15 21:38
Re: Tonga giants - molder 344 Thunderbird 15-Jun-15 22:53
Re: Giants Oceania 323 Thunderbird 16-Jun-15 15:51
Re: Giants Oceania 353 Casimir THth 16-Jun-15 20:41
Re: Giants Oceania 347 Thunderbird 18-Jun-15 02:35
Re: "Stupid Discussion" is NOT over yet... 376 Origyptian 15-Jun-15 23:35
Re: "Stupid Discussion" is NOT over yet... 328 Corpuscles 16-Jun-15 01:08
Re: "Stupid Discussion" is NOT over yet... 356 Origyptian 16-Jun-15 02:01
Evidence for the lost civ. Original post: 356 Casimir THth 17-Jun-15 15:48
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 357 DUNE 17-Jun-15 21:26
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 331 Sirfiroth 17-Jun-15 21:58
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 301 DUNE 17-Jun-15 22:10
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 242 MJT 17-Jun-15 22:53
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 243 Sirfiroth 17-Jun-15 23:12
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 293 DUNE 17-Jun-15 23:33
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 329 molder 17-Jun-15 22:30
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 320 MJT 17-Jun-15 22:44
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 318 molder 18-Jun-15 03:22
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 330 MJT 18-Jun-15 10:20
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 289 molder 18-Jun-15 10:57
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 305 Origyptian 18-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 307 MJT 18-Jun-15 23:51
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 239 Jon Ellison 17-Jun-15 22:37
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 315 DUNE 17-Jun-15 23:02
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 257 Jon Ellison 18-Jun-15 00:14
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 309 MJT 17-Jun-15 22:41
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 293 DUNE 17-Jun-15 22:56
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 274 MJT 17-Jun-15 23:11
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 300 MJT 18-Jun-15 00:28
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 269 Sirfiroth 18-Jun-15 00:50
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 299 DUNE 18-Jun-15 13:00
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 355 MJT 18-Jun-15 14:42
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 297 molder 19-Jun-15 00:47
Mod note to all posters on this thread 293 Loki74 20-Jun-15 17:51
Re: Evidence for the lost civilisation ! Part 2 491 Romulus the 2nd 20-Jun-15 22:51


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.