Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
> SC: What I imagine is irrelevant.

> MA: My point exactly. Your "I can imagine it - so it must be
> true" is irrelevant. We agree at last.

> SC: Er – no.

You need to make up your mind.

> SC: You don’t get away that easily. You cannot just
> clip and post my statement out of context. What MATTERS is that
> we have a ‘testimony’ from Brewer/Allen that alleges fraud.

What matters is - can we find something that supports that claim. Like an inscription that Vyse could have copied.

> SC: THAT is what you should be concerned about. And that the
> imperative is to obtain the truth of the matter. Are you
> interested in obtaining the truth?

Personalizing.

> MA: The discussion I engaged in is already settled. I asked you
> to provide an example of an inscription Vyse could have copied.
> You could not. What I got was an insight into your lively
> imagination - an imagination that we agree is
> irrelevant.

> SC: Hilarious. You say that because those of us with an
> imagination can imagine the ways of perpetrating such a fraud
> that the likes of your good self, without an imagination, could
> not.

I say that because imaginary evidence is just that - imaginary.

> SC: To you perpetrating such a fraud was deemed “impossible”.

I have deemed nothing impossible. Yet.

> SC: The use of imagination from myself and others has shown that it
> wasn’t.

It has shown that you let your imagination, rather than facts, guide you.

> SC: But then you don’t want to use any imagination you
> might have because it might reveal to you possibilities you
> rather wouldn’t want to consider. In short – you are running
> scared of the truth and are merely here attempting to help
> shore up a thoroughly untenable position.

Personalizing.

> SC: Asks the person who is happy to accept a stone box in the
> early giant pyramids is a sarcophagus when no remains of any
> king have ever been found. Do you imagine a dead king in those
> stone boxes? Do you imagine just when it suits you?

I use logic. An example follows here under.

> SC: Your argument is like saying a person found dead with a bullet in
> them wasn’t shot because no one has found the gun. The gun is
> the logical conclusion even in its absence.

If you insist on using analogies, do try to come up with something that makes some sense.

The logical conclusion when you find a person with a bullet in him is that he was shot. The logical conclusion when you find an inscription on a stone is not that it was faked.

There you have it - the difference between logic and imagination.

> SC: If fraud was
> committed as the Brewer/Allan ‘testimony’ implies then Tricky
> Dicky would have to have had found something to copy. That
> isn’t imagined – it is the logical conclusion.

That is the point that I have been making all along. Where is it? An answer based on facts rather than on your imagination if you please.

Do you understand the difference between "If fraud was committed he would have to have had something to copy" and "Fraud was commited therefore he had something to copy"?
You write the former but argue from the later.

Morten



Post Edited (22-May-13 11:49)

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 1134 Dr. Troglodyte 10-May-13 20:14
William Wilberforce, crook 535 Martin Stower 11-May-13 12:17
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 501 Nejc 11-May-13 16:15
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 511 Merrell 11-May-13 18:36
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 507 Scott Creighton 12-May-13 11:27
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 585 Merrell 12-May-13 22:37
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 548 Scott Creighton 13-May-13 11:03
Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, excavator 455 Merrell 13-May-13 13:11
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 503 Scott Creighton 13-May-13 13:21
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 522 Martin Stower 13-May-13 16:14
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 414 Scott Creighton 14-May-13 09:16
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 498 Merrell 14-May-13 09:41
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 497 Scott Creighton 14-May-13 09:47
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 505 Martin Stower 15-May-13 11:18
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 599 Scott Creighton 15-May-13 12:02
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 509 Martin Stower 15-May-13 14:26
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 453 Scott Creighton 15-May-13 15:00
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 577 Martin Stower 16-May-13 09:55
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 487 Scott Creighton 16-May-13 10:04
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 487 Martin Stower 16-May-13 10:34
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 436 Scott Creighton 16-May-13 10:43
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 506 Martin Stower 16-May-13 11:00
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 568 Scott Creighton 16-May-13 11:09
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 493 Martin Stower 16-May-13 11:31
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 464 Scott Creighton 16-May-13 11:36
Re: Wilberforce, abolitionist; Vyse, 463 cladking 16-May-13 15:14
Re: What are they so afraid of? 550 Thunderbird 16-May-13 15:55
Re: What are they so afraid of? 494 cladking 16-May-13 21:40
Calling Dr. Schoch 575 Dr. Troglodyte 16-May-13 16:04
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 565 Scott Creighton 16-May-13 16:26
Logbook doubts 482 Merrell 16-May-13 21:38
Re: Logbook doubts 537 Scott Creighton 16-May-13 22:46
Re: Logbook doubts 433 Merrell 16-May-13 23:25
Re: Logbook doubts 500 Scott Creighton 17-May-13 08:00
Re: Logbook doubts 493 Merrell 17-May-13 14:30
Re: Logbook doubts 519 Scott Creighton 17-May-13 14:56
Re: Logbook doubts 488 Martin Stower 17-May-13 16:11
Re: Logbook doubts 473 Scott Creighton 17-May-13 20:53
Re: Logbook doubts 441 MJT 17-May-13 22:31
Re: Logbook doubts 527 Merrell 18-May-13 11:23
Re: Logbook doubts 586 Scott Creighton 18-May-13 12:10
Re: Logbook doubts 612 Martin Stower 20-May-13 17:54
Re: Logbook doubts 417 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 00:20
Re: Logbook doubts 497 Morten 21-May-13 09:03
Re: Logbook doubts 540 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 10:22
Re: Logbook doubts 541 Merrell 21-May-13 10:26
Re: Logbook doubts 471 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 10:35
Re: Logbook doubts 506 Merrell 21-May-13 13:46
Re: Logbook doubts 422 Morten 21-May-13 10:40
Re: Logbook doubts 506 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 11:04
Re: Logbook doubts 517 Morten 21-May-13 11:29
Re: Logbook doubts 546 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 12:04
Re: Logbook doubts 503 Morten 21-May-13 13:19
Re: Logbook doubts 600 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 13:33
Re: Logbook doubts 499 Merrell 21-May-13 14:16
Re: Logbook doubts 505 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 14:27
Re: Logbook doubts 548 Merrell 21-May-13 23:48
Re: Logbook doubts 527 Morten 21-May-13 14:37
Re: Logbook doubts 495 Scott Creighton 21-May-13 14:54
Re: Logbook doubts 525 Morten 22-May-13 10:51
Re: Logbook doubts 556 Martin Stower 21-May-13 17:13
Re: Logbook doubts 434 Audrey 22-May-13 02:20
Re: Logbook doubts 496 Morten 22-May-13 08:18
Re: Logbook doubts 459 Martin Stower 22-May-13 15:02
Re: Logbook doubts 474 Audrey 24-May-13 01:32
Re: Logbook doubts 667 Martin Stower 24-May-13 13:43
Re: Logbook doubts 390 Audrey 24-May-13 01:10
Re: Logbook doubts 420 Scott Creighton 10-Jun-14 13:15
Re: Logbook doubts 533 eyeofhorus33 10-Jun-14 18:17
Re: Logbook doubts 519 Scott Creighton 10-Jun-14 22:01
Re: Logbook doubts 459 eyeofhorus33 10-Jun-14 22:15
Re:Khufu....Hyksos? 491 Thunderbird 11-Jun-14 01:36
Re: Logbook doubts 485 Audrey 11-Jun-14 20:47
Re: Logbook doubts 590 eyeofhorus33 11-Jun-14 22:18
Re: Logbook doubts 518 Audrey 12-Jun-14 21:22
Re: Logbook doubts 459 eyeofhorus33 12-Jun-14 22:20
Re: Logbook doubts 459 cladking 13-Jun-14 00:24
Re: Logbook doubts 442 eyeofhorus33 13-Jun-14 22:53
Re: Logbook doubts 447 cladking 13-Jun-14 23:23
Re: Logbook doubts 456 eyeofhorus33 13-Jun-14 23:48
Re: Logbook doubts 454 cladking 14-Jun-14 00:17
Re: Logbook doubts 478 Audrey 14-Jun-14 02:17
Re: Logbook doubts 530 eyeofhorus33 14-Jun-14 11:44
Re: Logbook doubts 475 cladking 14-Jun-14 15:25
context and customs 422 Audrey 14-Jun-14 19:25
Re: context and customs 415 cladking 14-Jun-14 21:23
Re: Logbook doubts 483 eyeofhorus33 14-Jun-14 21:29
Re: Logbook doubts 470 cladking 14-Jun-14 22:07
Re: Logbook doubts 461 eyeofhorus33 14-Jun-14 23:04
Re: Logbook doubts 494 cladking 15-Jun-14 00:29
Re: Logbook doubts 486 eyeofhorus33 15-Jun-14 18:35
Re: Logbook doubts 466 cladking 15-Jun-14 20:56
Re: Logbook doubts 482 eyeofhorus33 15-Jun-14 21:26
Language doubts 438 cladking 15-Jun-14 21:48
Re: Language doubts 443 eyeofhorus33 15-Jun-14 22:05
Re: Language doubts 457 cladking 15-Jun-14 22:51
Re: Language doubts 455 Audrey 16-Jun-14 04:17
Re: Language doubts 504 cladking 16-Jun-14 04:51
Re: Logbook doubts 372 cladking 12-Jun-14 22:57
Re:doubts 481 Thunderbird 11-Jun-14 23:36
Re:doubts 442 Audrey 12-Jun-14 19:54
Moderator Notice 442 Hoppy 22-May-13 01:32
Re: Logbook doubts 419 Audrey 22-May-13 02:52
Re: Logbook doubts 396 Martin Stower 18-May-13 13:37
Re: Logbook doubts 466 Scott Creighton 18-May-13 14:01
Re: Logbook doubts 449 Martin Stower 18-May-13 14:52
Re: Logbook doubts 446 Scott Creighton 18-May-13 17:16
Re: Logbook doubts 529 Martin Stower 20-May-13 16:57
Re: Logbook doubts 459 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 17:51
Re: Logbook doubts 432 Martin Stower 20-May-13 18:25
Re: Logbook doubts 311 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 18:49
Re: Logbook doubts 485 Martin Stower 21-May-13 15:42
Re: Logbook doubts 455 HungryHun 17-May-13 15:20
Re: Conspired.... 463 Thunderbird 17-May-13 15:47
Re: Conspired.... 461 HungryHun 17-May-13 16:04
Re: Conspired.... 432 Thunderbird 17-May-13 23:17
Re: Conspired....inspire d by money 486 Ratcho 03-Jun-13 05:57
Re: Logbook doubts 402 Martin Stower 17-May-13 16:23
Re: Logbook doubts 460 HungryHun 17-May-13 16:28
Re: Logbook doubts 459 Thunderbird 17-May-13 22:25
Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 438 LonelyAngel 29-May-13 14:41
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 416 Nejc 29-May-13 23:23
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 428 Merrell 30-May-13 09:25
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 486 Martin Stower 30-May-13 12:48
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 465 WINDINWATERS 30-May-13 14:40
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 364 Martin Stower 31-May-13 18:00
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 426 WINDINWATERS 31-May-13 21:47
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 412 LonelyAngel 30-May-13 17:43
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 415 Martin Stower 31-May-13 18:24
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 471 cladking 01-Jun-13 03:28
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 459 Merrell 01-Jun-13 11:02
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 398 LonelyAngel 03-Jun-13 20:59
Re: Would you buy a used cartouche from this man? 417 LonelyAngel 03-Jun-13 20:47
Re: Logbook doubts 633 Martin Stower 17-May-13 15:51
Re: Logbook doubts 458 Scott Creighton 17-May-13 20:27
Re: Logbook doubts 482 Nejc 17-May-13 22:28
Re: Logbook doubts 883 Martin Stower 18-May-13 14:43
Re: Logbook doubts 726 Scott Creighton 18-May-13 17:12
Re: Logbook doubts 534 Merrell 19-May-13 16:43
Re: Logbook doubts 466 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 09:38
Re: Logbook doubts 426 Merrell 20-May-13 13:29
Re: Logbook doubts 553 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 13:58
Re: Logbook doubts 439 Merrell 20-May-13 14:55
Re: Logbook doubts 461 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 18:46
Re: Logbook doubts 494 HungryHun 20-May-13 22:02
Re: Logbook doubts 458 Thanos5150 20-May-13 23:05
Re: Logbook doubts 472 sfbey 20-May-13 23:23
Re: Logbook doubts 462 Thanos5150 20-May-13 23:35
Re: Logbook doubts 475 sfbey 21-May-13 15:41
Moghrah 480 Merrell 21-May-13 18:09
Re: Logbook doubts 359 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 23:38
Re: Logbook doubts 382 Merrell 21-May-13 21:34
Re: Logbook doubts 395 Audrey 22-May-13 02:34
Re: Logbook doubts 437 Merrell 21-May-13 21:58
Re: Logbook doubts 460 Sirfiroth 22-May-13 10:42
Re: Logbook doubts 420 Merrell 22-May-13 11:43
Re: Logbook doubts 397 Sirfiroth 22-May-13 17:44
Re: Logbook doubts 338 Nejc 22-May-13 23:18
Re: Logbook doubts 333 cladking 23-May-13 00:51
Re: Logbook doubts 345 Merrell 23-May-13 08:41
Re: Logbook doubts 377 Martin Stower 20-May-13 19:19
Re: Logbook doubts 290 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 19:35
Re: Logbook doubts 415 Martin Stower 21-May-13 17:59
Moderator Warning 491 JonnyMcA 21-May-13 20:12
Moderator Warning 400 JonnyMcA 21-May-13 20:11
Re: exercise elementary caution about sources 365 Thunderbird 20-May-13 19:36
Re: Logbook doubts 411 Audrey 22-May-13 02:50
Re: Logbook doubts 352 Merrell 22-May-13 12:53
Re: Logbook doubts 330 Audrey 24-May-13 01:48
Moderator Caution 281 Hoppy 22-May-13 12:55
Re: Logbook doubts 267 Martin Stower 22-May-13 16:06
Re: Logbook doubts 252 Audrey 24-May-13 01:41
Re: Logbook doubts 248 Martin Stower 24-May-13 13:56
Re: Logbook doubts 231 Thunderbird 17-May-13 22:40
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 312 Thanos5150 16-May-13 19:41
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 281 Dr. Troglodyte 16-May-13 21:56
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 269 Thanos5150 16-May-13 23:11
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 246 Dr. Troglodyte 17-May-13 00:01
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 286 Thanos5150 17-May-13 00:30
Re: Calling Dr. Schoch 252 cladking 16-May-13 21:50
Moderator Caution 300 Hoppy 15-May-13 14:09
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 218 Martin Stower 13-May-13 16:53
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 259 Scott Creighton 13-May-13 17:40
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 249 Martin Stower 13-May-13 18:32
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 226 Scott Creighton 13-May-13 19:23
Moderator Caution #2 174 Hoppy 15-May-13 14:18
Re: William Wilberforce, crook 207 Martin Stower 15-May-13 14:52
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 249 Nejc 11-May-13 13:47
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 233 JonnyMcA 11-May-13 18:41
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 236 Audrey 12-May-13 07:59
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 214 JonnyMcA 12-May-13 09:58
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 268 HungryHun 12-May-13 13:00
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 209 HungryHun 13-May-13 12:46
Re: Caviglia's complaint.... 221 Thunderbird 13-May-13 16:20
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 217 HungryHun 13-May-13 19:36
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 208 Martin Stower 15-May-13 15:04
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 206 HungryHun 16-May-13 10:03
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 215 Martin Stower 16-May-13 10:47
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 190 Merrell 16-May-13 16:33
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 216 Martin Stower 18-May-13 15:02
Re: If fake, then... what? 242 MJT 16-May-13 12:45
More Vyse wickedness 232 Martin Stower 18-May-13 15:14
Re: More Vyse wickedness 313 Scott Creighton 19-May-13 09:01
Re: More Vyse wickedness 324 Martin Stower 20-May-13 16:44
Re: More Vyse wickedness 328 Scott Creighton 20-May-13 17:56
Re: More Vyse wickedness 366 jamesglory 21-May-13 10:26
Re: More Vyse wickedness 338 Audrey 22-May-13 02:42
Moderator Caution 263 Hoppy 20-May-13 17:57
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 251 Audrey 14-Jun-14 21:11
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 217 cladking 14-Jun-14 21:49
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 229 Scott Creighton 15-Jun-14 00:13
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 254 eyeofhorus33 15-Jun-14 00:58
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 222 cladking 15-Jun-14 01:12
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 218 Sirfiroth 15-Jun-14 19:09
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 256 cladking 15-Jun-14 20:40
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 244 Audrey 16-Jun-14 03:32
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 325 eyeofhorus33 16-Jun-14 18:38
Re: Audrey - How to photoshop a cartouche a la Vyse 242 Audrey 23-Jun-14 03:15
Australian Funeral 277 molder 15-Jun-14 05:03
Re: Australian Funeral 384 Audrey 16-Jun-14 03:56
Re: Australian Funeral 216 molder 16-Jun-14 12:06
Re: Australian Funeral 217 cladking 16-Jun-14 16:50
Re: Australian Funeral 201 Audrey 23-Jun-14 01:58
Re: Australian Funeral 246 molder 19-Jun-14 07:25
Re: Australian Funeral 218 molder 20-Jun-14 10:28
Re: Australian Funeral/North American Funeral 196 molder 22-Jun-14 06:53


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.