Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Given your interest in Hapshetsut, I wondered whether you were familiar with what Egyptologists refer to as the ‘Birth Colonnade’ at Deir el-Bahari, a temple relief which shows Hatshepsut's divine birth. Unfortunately, the scenes are much damaged, mostly due to her vengeful stepson, Tuthmosis III, who decreed that all statues, reliefs and shrines of Hatshepsut must be erased or destroyed, but also to Akhenaten who had the images of Amun-Re erased as part of his personal monotheistic crusade.

The scenes start with Amen-Ra and an astral version of the unborn Hatshepsut. The gods decide that Queen Ahmose, the wife of Tuthmosis I, would be a perfect mother for this unborn child.

Once this has been decided, Amun-Re comes down to Earth and enters Queen Ahmose's chamber after assuming the form of Tuthmosis I. The god Amun-Re at first finds Queen Ahmose asleep but his godly presence wakes her. Using his divine breath he impregnates the queen. Before he leaves, Amun-Re reveals his true divine nature to Queen Ahmose and informs her that she will give birth to a daughter who will live to rule Egypt.

Amun-Re then visits the god Khnum and instructs him to fashion a human body for the unborn Hatshepsut – who, upon the death of her husband Tuthmosis II, declared herself as “King of Egypt.”

Along with Amenhotep, Hatshepsut can be credited with establishing the Divine Birth mythology of Ancient Egyptian pharaohs.

In order to justify her new position, Hapshetsut assumed the titles and clothes of a male king; reliefs, statues and warrior sphinxes depict her in male form, also.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Is The Sphinx a Woman? 447 loveritas 30-May-12 11:53
Re: Is The Sphinx a Woman? 260 NorthernStar 30-May-12 22:15
Re: Is The Sphinx a Woman? 233 eyeofhorus33 30-May-12 22:21
Re: Is The Sphinx a Woman? 194 NorthernStar 30-May-12 23:15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.