Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi
I have just came back from Tonga recently and am preparing some material for publication but that will take another week or so.

The old King did conduct experiments in 1967 to see if the trillithon was oriented to the seasons. He had paths cut in the bush so as to observe the sunrise and sunset at different times of the years. Equinox eg.

Unlike Stonehenge the Ha amonga has no heel stone and so his experiments appeared to fail however his belief that the edifice was built to incorporate the marking of the seasons never failed and continued in the family. His now late sone would sleep at the site on the shortest day of the year.

Over the years I have spoken to locals about the Ha amonga and the prospect of it have moved over the centuries due to subsidence and earthquakes.

There is still a vividly clear tradition of the people being forced to haul the very large coral uprights to the site. One tradition tells of dozens of Tongana being forced to haul on ropes and drag the stones from the beach about 70 metres away to the site.

When once they slackened off an overseer cracked a mans skull and so they all pulled harder. This was told to me in all seriousness but with humour.

I asked others what happens during an earthquake which are not uncommon in Tonga. One person 'Seti' told how he lived his entire life in the area and played around the Ha amonga each afternoon after school. He witnessed several earthquakes and although buildings around swayed the Ha amonga did not move at all however when he placed the palm of his hand on an upright there was a constant vibration.

If anyone is interested go to Trip Advisor and look up Tonga I have placed photo and some history on that site.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Maui the Demi-God a coincidence 269 molder 10-Apr-12 11:28
Re: Maui the Demi-God a coincidence 255 eyeofhorus33 10-Apr-12 13:49
Re: Maui the Demi-God a coincidence 190 annj1123 10-Apr-12 14:15
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 155 molder 12-Apr-12 05:28
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 212 eyeofhorus33 12-Apr-12 16:25
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 222 eyeofhorus33 12-Apr-12 16:49
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 181 molder 12-Apr-12 19:52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.