Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
A Neo-Assyrian text from the 7th century BC purporting to be Sargon of Akkad's autobiography asserts that the great king was the illegitimate son of a priestess. In the Neo-Assyrian account Sargon's birth and his early childhood are described thus:

"My mother was a high priestess, my father I knew not. The brothers of my father loved the hills. My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the banks of the Euphrates. My high priestess mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river which rose over me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water. Akki, the drawer of water, took me as his son and reared me. Akki, the drawer of water, appointed me as his gardener. While I was a gardener, Ishtar granted me her love, and for four and ... years I exercised kingship."

The Book of Exodus of the Hebrew Bible was composed or redacted around the 6th century BC and was influenced by Neo-Assyrian legend. In particular, the image of Sargon as a castaway set adrift on a river resembles the better-known birth narrative of Moses.

Assyrian and Hebrew mythology getting in on the act, too! :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Maui the Demi-God a coincidence 264 molder 10-Apr-12 11:28
Re: Maui the Demi-God a coincidence 253 eyeofhorus33 10-Apr-12 13:49
Re: Maui the Demi-God a coincidence 188 annj1123 10-Apr-12 14:15
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 152 molder 12-Apr-12 05:28
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 209 eyeofhorus33 12-Apr-12 16:25
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 220 eyeofhorus33 12-Apr-12 16:49
Re: Maui captures the Sun Ra 176 molder 12-Apr-12 19:52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.