Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hey, all you need to "discover" bread is grain, stones to grind it, water, and fire. Since we know that humans have been cooking their food for about two million years, it's not exactly shocking that bread could be older than we had thought. I've even had a "theory" for years about how the principle of bread-making could have been discovered by very primitive humans. It would lead to some grotesque experiments, though, so I've not bothered to promote it. Put simply, imagine what would happen if you killed some big "ruminant" animal at the time of year when it could have been eating grasses with the seed (grain) and tried to roast its stomach and intestines -- full of chewed up grain slurry, and the usual gut bacteria of course. Would the slurry "rise" like dough? Or would it at least solidify like a flatbread? I bet it would do that at least...

--
Like ancient Rome, we today are once more importing every form of exotic superstition in the hope of finding the right remedy for our sickness.
-- C. G. Jung
Richard Wilhelm: In Memoriam (1930), CW 15: pg. 60

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Bread was around 30,000 years ago -study 184 Absinthujone 21-Oct-10 04:48
Re: Bread was around 30,000 years ago -study 102 Nolondil 23-Oct-10 01:57
Re: Bread was around 30,000 years ago -study 109 Absinthujone 23-Oct-10 06:19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.