Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Zodiacal light [en.wikipedia.org]

Interesting idea Jonny but in viewing the Zodiacal light on a clear night I find it difficult to see a pair of horns and how such a serene phenomenon, which is mainly visible after sunset and just before sunrise leads to Hathors associations and cult centres as among the most ‘numerous and diverse of any of the Egyptian deities.’

Besides, Hathors most common form is that of a goddess with a curling wig and cow ears (as image) found atop of numerous temple columns. It would be difficult to associate such an image with the zodiacal light. However, Hathor as Earth’s ‘ring of debris’ would from the perspective of earth appear as a hazy band arching across the heavens (east/west), observed day and night (fixed celestial equator) and could literally appear in a variety of colours and many diverse forms. This would include having the power to destroy mankind; in this aspect Hathor took on the guise of the lion-headed goddess Sekhmet.

I would interpretate the above image as follows; Hathor’s yellow hair represents the yellow band arching across the heavens with the turquoise ends as the representing the actual colour observed on the two horizons. This completely consistent with the following Hathor traits - ‘the golden one,’ ‘mistress of Turquoise’ and of course as a cosmogonical deity, ‘lady to the limit of the universe.’ Hathor’s face is symbolic of the many ‘faces,’ or as I contend, close proximity planetary bodies that were ‘housed’ amidst Hathor - again, Hat-hor house of the kings, literally! Hathor’s ‘curling’ hair/wig is also symbolic of the dust and debris wrapping around the god kings planets. The bovine ears... if I can direct you to my essay and how I make comparisons with Saturn’s rings and its moon Prometheus.

I believe the solar system was enveloped in dust and debris only a few thousand years ago and the ecliptic was also deemed visible as a result of dust and debris. From the prospective of earth, the ecliptic debris (apparent path of the sun and planets today) also appeared as a hazy band arching across the heaven. Only unlike the celestial equator (Hathor) which remained fixed, the ecliptic would move throughout the seasons and on the horizon throughout the day.

The Egyptians believed the ecliptic ‘arch’ was created by the god Ptah and described it as a giant metal plate that was the floor of heaven and the roof of the sky. I identify Ptah as Jupiter which I believe was clearly seen amidst the ecliptic haze as a gigantic star (sometimes blue, hence blue skullcap. Also, blue having recently given birth to Venus, now there’s a can of worms). Ptah’s epithets completely consistent with my identification – i.e. he was the god of craftsmen, rebirth and creation… a master architect, one who made all and created the gods and framer of everything in the universe. He is also referred in numerous inscriptions as Ptah South-of His-Wall (Breasted). This I see as Jupiter amidst the distant ecliptic haze; Jupiter appearing to be south of the ecliptic Wall. Saturn, also seen was the god Sokar. The ecliptic arch would also be known as the mountain of god. In fact sometimes there were many mountains as moons sized bodies and/or planets sweep up spaces (same as Saturn’s moons) and created vast cosmic mountains (as seen form earth of course).

Moving closer to home and again with the ecliptic, this was deified as the goddess Isis. A nurturing goddess who, as with Hathor, also housed the red disks of errant planets. This is why Hathor and Isis were so interchangeable. On many occasions errant red orbs appeared amidst both, especially when Earth’s celestial (Hathor) equator paired up with the ecliptic (Isis), this occurred at least twice a year i.e. equinox.

Regards

Gary

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 389 Gary Gilligan 30-Oct-08 16:16
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 241 JonnyMcA 30-Oct-08 17:17
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 306 Gary Gilligan 30-Oct-08 20:25
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 205 michael seabrook 30-Oct-08 21:24
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 248 JonnyMcA 30-Oct-08 21:56
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 218 michael seabrook 30-Oct-08 22:07
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 221 JonnyMcA 30-Oct-08 22:13
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 223 michael seabrook 30-Oct-08 22:17
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 203 JonnyMcA 30-Oct-08 22:21
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 301 Gary Gilligan 31-Oct-08 13:38
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 203 JonnyMcA 31-Oct-08 16:03
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 689 Gary Gilligan 07-Nov-08 17:09
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 240 JonnyMcA 07-Nov-08 22:14
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 202 Joyeuse 31-Oct-08 07:25
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 183 Gary Gilligan 31-Oct-08 13:43
Re: Hathor - Earth's Celestial Ring of Debris 228 Joyeuse 31-Oct-08 16:15
Squatting deities – Saturns Spokes and earths rings (Hathor) 259 Gary Gilligan 05-Nov-08 11:18
Re: Squatting deities – Saturns Spokes and earths rings (Hathor) 250 NetWorkAngel 05-Nov-08 15:17
Re: Squatting deities – Saturns Spokes and earths rings (Hathor) 232 Gary Gilligan 05-Nov-08 16:00
Re: Squatting deities – Saturns Spokes and earths rings (Hathor) 270 NetWorkAngel 07-Nov-08 18:21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.