1) The country of Atlantis was a continent sized landmass (Libya and Asia Minor combined) and its capital was located on an island that subsequently was swallowed by the sea within a day;
2) It was located “beyond the pillars of Herakles,” – not necessarily just past these pillars;
3) It had a tropical climate, complete with monsoonal rains;
4) Elephants and horses;
5) Tropical fruits - coconuts, pineapples, and bananas;
6) Agrarian society that grew “2 crops per year,” including summer and winter crops, and practiced terraced mountain cultivation;
7) An extensive network of canals used for both irrigation and navigation;
8) Locally produced spices, perfumes and incenses that they traded;
9) An abundance of metals, with large copper deposits to produce the alloy “orichalcum,” that they used extensively in their constructions;
10) Megalithic constructions that were destroyed by the ocean;
11) The destruction of the City rendered the seas in the area “unnavigable” for many years afterwards because of the “floating” debris – suggesting floating pumice from a major volcanic eruption;
12) An enormous population for the ancient world, with a million-man army (even if he exaggerated, it puts a conservative estimation of the population at – at least 5 to 10 million people.)
Since I am unfamiliar with the history and archeological findings of Romania, can you educate me on how many of these features match those of the region you have in mind?
"O' the good Lord some giftie gie us,
To see oursel'es, as others see us..."
~ Robert Burns