Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Alex S[ and A.O. ],

I must say firstly that I am a trifle embarassed by the regurgitation of this throw-away midnight ramble Alex...., but the content is still I feel worthy of further exploration.

I am indeed gratified to see the possible descendents of an African Eve so deliniated- and endowed with such a colourful nomenclature, but I still have two basic problems with the concept.

As I have already stated- the difficulties facing the near uniform distribution
of homo-sapiens over the entire landmass in what is to my mind still a fairly short time span; and the 'nature of mutation' which was so precise as to establish changes in our own and other species at a single point in time and location.

I have suggested the migrationary difficulties- in the above and other posts- facing a uniform human migration, so I will move on to the 'nature of mutation'.
There are only a few possible candidates for the 'impulse' that might change or introduce a species- an event that has not happened in recorded history; I suggset a few:

Solar storms on a scale larger than we have as yet recorded may have the potential to cause genetic mutation- but if so it is unlikely that the effect would be limited to a single embryo or species.
But the fact of 'solar flares' itself suggests that there may well be greater stellar storms coming from elsewhere in the galaxy- massive cosmic surges erupting from multi-star systems or supernova that shake up the mitochondricals of all embryonic tissue everywhere in their wake- hardly a precise evolutionary or selective process though?

And then of course....., there is the possibility of 'intentional design'; that there was, how shall we say,..., a guiding intelligence behind the miraculous perfection of the creation that is all around us.
And I am obliged to note- as I look out my window on this pristine autumnal morning- just how well everything seems to fit so seamlessly together: the butterfly feeding off the hibiscus flower- its immediate evolutionary predecessor; the sprightly willy-wagtail dining on that same butterfly- its immediate evolutionary predecessor; the patient abyssinian feline that will shortly dine on the now not quite so spightly willy- a most timely evolutionary predecessor....., and so it goes. Just how is it that EVERYTHING seems to evolve as it is needed to give sustenance to the forthcoming life-forms-..., kind of mind-boggling I calls it.

So...., so what I would suggest overall is:

1: That the 'forms' of life, are an evolutionary process;

2: That this evolutionary process is supervised by 'MIND'[ we are not talking Goddy or Santa Claus here ];

3: That the mechanisms used to modify or mutate DNA material are stellar activities- the movement of constellations over certain portions of the earth for minor changes; the holocausts of solar and galactic storms for major elective surgery;

4: That when a mutation takes place within a species..., it is not confined to a single location- it will occur wherever there are receptive preliminary life-forms available for further refinement; in the case of homo-sapiens, wherever there were primates advanced enough to recieve the new technology- no doubt Africa, but probably also Asia, and Sth America.

With respect,

Fiasco.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
African Eve and her Daughters 306 Alex S 04-Apr-04 20:53
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 217 ArmchairObserver 04-Apr-04 21:28
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 177 fiascohoho 05-Apr-04 01:11
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 249 Eddyaz 05-Apr-04 02:22
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 172 jameske 06-Apr-04 06:21
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 180 ArmchairObserver 06-Apr-04 06:58
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 200 adequatedane 05-Apr-04 02:49
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 228 Eddyaz 05-Apr-04 02:52
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 189 fiascohoho 05-Apr-04 05:56
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 207 Alex S 06-Apr-04 01:45
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 196 adequatedane 06-Apr-04 23:22
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 165 Alex S 05-Apr-04 14:56
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 217 Sphinx 05-Apr-04 17:42
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 156 Archietype 05-Apr-04 20:57
"Amazon Eve" :-) n/t 158 Sphinx 05-Apr-04 21:22
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 137 Alex S 06-Apr-04 01:33
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 173 Sphinx 06-Apr-04 14:50
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 177 Alex S 06-Apr-04 01:49
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 190 fiascohoho 05-Apr-04 19:19
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 174 jameske 06-Apr-04 07:25
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 182 fiascohoho 06-Apr-04 09:11
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 121 ArmchairObserver 06-Apr-04 16:56
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 178 fiascohoho 06-Apr-04 21:32
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 198 ArmchairObserver 07-Apr-04 19:04
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 167 fiascohoho 08-Apr-04 00:25
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 205 ArmchairObserver 08-Apr-04 03:09
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 172 jameske 06-Apr-04 08:11
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 200 jameske 07-Apr-04 06:25
Re: African Eve and her Daughters 182 Alex S 07-Apr-04 14:47

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.