Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi there i would like to point soemthing out if I may,
Von Däniken challenged alot of people's theories at the time and upset alot of historians. Challenging their old viewpoint on history, with old historians disagreeing with Von Däniken and dismissing his claims with an arguement that was very similar to yours above.
just because some is a veteran or old, or came first does not make it right. I love Von Däniken and his theories done't get me wrong but to bolster your opinion of Von Däniken by saying that he has been around since 1968 is really no arguement otherwise no new theories or discoveries would be made by newer fresher adventurers in the area. People learn by others work and then add thier own views and theories onto it.
If we try to make a point in this fashion we will become jaded and set in our ways like the old historians who argued against Von Däniken's work by saying that their knowledge came first after alot of work.

But as Ben Kenobi once said 'Truth depend on our point of view'.

Christine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
To Julia and Brad 406 Christophe Leijnen 21-Nov-00 12:15
RE: To Julia and Brad 166 Mark 21-Nov-00 12:24
RE: To Julia and Brad 190 Christophe Leijnen 21-Nov-00 12:33
RE: To Julia and Brad ( mark) 165 Christine 21-Nov-00 12:36
RE: To Julia and Brad 206 Christine 21-Nov-00 12:33
RE: Von Daniken & Peri Reis map 180 Steve Y 21-Nov-00 18:15
RE: To Julia and Brad 194 Christophe Leijnen 21-Nov-00 19:39
RE: To Julia and Brad 182 Julia 22-Nov-00 02:00
RE: To Julia and Brad 263 Michael 22-Nov-00 17:23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.