Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
JamesBrennon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm trying get caught up to the present here. I'm
> not saying Atlantis. I'm just asking if mainstream
> archeology expects to find the remains of any
> civilization in the water flooded by warming of
> ice.

Well there are several aspects to this.
1. Yes, mainstream archeology accepts there are ruins underwater, due to both regional land subsidence and rise of water levels due to ice melt.
2. However, it is expensive and difficult to locate such ruins because they can be buried under many feet of muck as well as due to the depth of the water. Archeology in general is poorly funded.
3. Define "civilization". Neolithic and post-Neolithic cultures, yes certainly. But "advanced" civilization? Not accepted by mainstream archeology. However, as with Göbekli Tepe, things can change when new sites are discovered. Before Göbekli Tepe mainstream archeology had no clue that any such sophisticated sites were that old.

See: Gulf of Khambhat ruins, Doggerland, Persian Gulf Oasis, submerged cities off the coast of Egypt, Rock Lake and relationship to Aztalan, submergence of Cornwall's Isles of Scilly, submergence of Atlit-Yam, and so on. Generally these are considered to range from Neolithic to Bronze age.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Ice age question 623 JamesBrennon 24-Apr-20 17:31
Mod Note > Topic Moved 156 Dr. Troglodyte 24-Apr-20 20:15
Re: Ice age question 219 Race Jackson 24-Apr-20 23:41
Re: Ice age question 206 hendrik dirker 25-Apr-20 10:10
Re: Ice age question 204 Susan Doris 25-Apr-20 10:29
Re: Ice age question 196 JamesBrennon 27-Apr-20 15:11
Submerged Ruins 189 Race Jackson 30-Apr-20 21:55
Gulf of Khambat ruins? 194 eyeofhorus33 01-May-20 21:45
Re: Gulf of Khambat ruins? 171 Merrell 02-May-20 14:27
Re: Ice age question 177 Mike D 10-May-20 13:16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.