Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Manu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This image was posted just a few days
> ago
. It shows the logogram for ramp, st3w.
> The word is written on an incline surface on which
> a load is also seen and the symbol itself is
> written here with a slash at an incline. It could
> not be more obvious. The word Ro-stau has the word
> ramp embedded.

The only two logograms I know for "ramps" are shaped like "ramps". Is st3w really a logogram at all?


> If you continue to
> read this spell there is mention of Mafdet
> in the House of Life which kills Apep. The
> insinuation is actually quite poetic...since
> dragging themselves is what snakes do when they
> are in retreat. This is the context you did not
> consider, but of course this is not a surprise.

No.

In actuality it is Egyptology that ignores context. It's not only that the literal meaning is wholly discounted but that there is no assumed logical and coherent meaning TO ANYTHING AT ALL. There is no sense at all to phrases, sentences, paragraphs or utterances. I am the one who assumes they all make perfect sense in WHOLE AND IN PART. I assumed going in they made sense in terms of their premises. Egyptologists ASSUME THEY DON'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL EXCEPT AS RELIGION AND MAGICAL INCANTATION. THEY EVEN CALL THEM "INCANTATION" AND "SPELLS". I'm saying they do make sense but only in context and only if they are not parsed like you do with this sentence and ALL MODERN LANGUAGE.

> You simply have no understanding of this language
> and that is because you've never put in the time
> to learn it. No pressure, but if you want to use
> the language as evidence for you theory, that is
> the first thing you should be doing. There is not
> short-cut with Mercer.

I believe it is Egyptology who have no understanding of these "spells" because there are no spells. These are RITUALS read at the kings' ascension ceremonies and they are written in a language with no abstractions. The FACT that there are no abstractions prove the language is unlike ours. The fact Egyptologists never noticed there are no abstractions and it breaks Zipf's Law proves they are the ones wrong, not me.

How did they never notice that there are so few words in the language? I'll tell you exactly how; they parsed it and by assigning different meanings to words it seemed there were more.

> Mercer's translation is false. The words hr hr.k
> mean "On you face". And the tj ending after
> sth3 is the stative second person singular
> suffix ending. There is no word for either "back"
> or "laid" in this sentence.

Thanks.

> Look Cladking, on this one you are wrong
> completely. I understand that you don't want to
> give an inch because years of your theorizing
> would fall apart. You are all-in.

I can be wrong about anything at all and at some point have probably been wrong about everything. But I do give Egyptologists the same benefit of the doubt I give EVERYONE; they always make perfect sense in terms of their premises. Since their premises are wrong they are only right in a left handed sort of way.

This is very simple; reject the premises and everything looks completely different.

It's the premises you need to support and not the conclusions. I often call us "Homo Omnisciencis" but could call us "Homo Dunning-Kruger" or "Homo Equine Cart" or "Homo Circular Argument" and the list can go on ad infinitum because we all end up in exactly the same place which is ALWAYS EXACTLY where we started. It is thew nature of a species whose brains are programmed with abstraction rather than knowledge.

> I get it.
> However, there are other people who use actual
> evidence to make up their mind and they can do
> that now because otherwise they only have your
> word to go on.

We all use the same evidence and logic and we all process it in terms of our beliefs. Egyptological beliefs are illogical and they are wrong.

Man fears the pyramid, time fears man.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 786 Thanos5150 05-Apr-20 02:41
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 183 seasmith 05-Apr-20 04:18
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 165 thinkitover 05-Apr-20 11:08
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 154 Dr. Troglodyte 05-Apr-20 14:26
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 146 Thanos5150 05-Apr-20 15:13
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 167 cladking 05-Apr-20 13:54
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 153 Thanos5150 06-Apr-20 01:41
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 140 cladking 06-Apr-20 03:22
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 182 Thanos5150 06-Apr-20 04:21
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 144 cladking 06-Apr-20 14:25
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 123 cladking 06-Apr-20 14:55
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 135 Thanos5150 06-Apr-20 15:58
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 131 Steve Clayton 06-Apr-20 17:44
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 153 Thanos5150 06-Apr-20 23:24
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 145 seasmith 07-Apr-20 03:01
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 151 Thanos5150 07-Apr-20 04:15
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 149 cladking 08-Apr-20 14:59
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 150 Thanos5150 08-Apr-20 16:13
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 147 Eddie Larry 08-Apr-20 17:15
Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 136 cladking 09-Apr-20 13:50
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 146 Thanos5150 09-Apr-20 15:59
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 162 cladking 09-Apr-20 16:10
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core 130 thinkitover 10-Apr-20 04:53
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core 145 cladking 10-Apr-20 14:10
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 189 Thanos5150 10-Apr-20 22:42
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 145 cladking 11-Apr-20 13:23
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 143 cladking 11-Apr-20 13:48
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 138 Thanos5150 11-Apr-20 16:31
Re: Mebbe mastabas were build around a tower core. n/t 153 cladking 11-Apr-20 16:55
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 161 Thanos5150 20-Apr-20 04:02
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 198 Steve Clayton 20-Apr-20 21:06
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 152 Dr. Troglodyte 05-Apr-20 14:25
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 154 Thanos5150 05-Apr-20 15:15
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 157 Steve Clayton 05-Apr-20 15:44
. 135 Manu 05-Apr-20 17:50
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 139 Dr. Troglodyte 05-Apr-20 21:22
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 135 Steve Clayton 06-Apr-20 05:19
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 136 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Apr-20 18:15
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 138 Steve Clayton 06-Apr-20 20:07
Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 174 Manu 05-Apr-20 17:53
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 134 cladking 06-Apr-20 00:45
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 148 Manu 06-Apr-20 01:27
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 138 cladking 06-Apr-20 02:21
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 177 eyeofhorus33 06-Apr-20 14:57
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 142 Steve Clayton 06-Apr-20 15:36
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 148 cladking 06-Apr-20 16:20
Stone Block Math 157 Manu 07-Apr-20 05:32
Re: Stone Block Math 149 Thanos5150 07-Apr-20 18:12
Re: Stone Block Math 152 Manu 07-Apr-20 20:57
Re: Stone Block Math 136 cladking 08-Apr-20 14:35
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 153 cladking 06-Apr-20 16:00
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 170 eyeofhorus33 08-Apr-20 18:14
Re: Zawayet El-Aryan, Ramp 139 Thanos5150 06-Apr-20 01:10
Anastasi I vs the ADA 150 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Apr-20 23:08
Re: Anastasi I vs the ADA 142 Thanos5150 07-Apr-20 04:32
Re: Anastasi I Papyrus: Ramp Building 151 Steve Clayton 14-Apr-20 17:40


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.