Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Lee,

Thanks for this. I have no idea how this devolved so quickly (or at all!) when I thought my post yesterday morning would have just ended the derail, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanos5150 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Martin Stower Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Oh, okay. LOL You said I asked an
> authoritarian
> > > question as you respond with snobbishness. It
> > was
> > > a simple question to make sure we were
> > referring
> > > to the same thing, and you respond by being a
> > > jerk. Fine. I doubt you have the capacity to
> > > debate the evidence anyway. So you're just
> > close
> > > minded, apathetic and incapable of separating
> > the
> > > wheat from the chaff. Got it. And here I
> > thought
> > > we were having a reasonable conversation.
> > >
> > > Debate 101 fail on your part. Thanks for
> > playing,
> > > though.
>
> > Now you’re merely lying...
>
> Can you please point out the "lie" in the comments
> above? Kristin's only statement of fact regarding
> what you said was:
>
> "You said I asked an authoritarian
> question..."

>
> Referring to your earlier comment to her:
>
> "A question whose assumptions are
> authoritarian".

>
> I fail to see where it is a lie or dishonest to
> characterize what you said to mean the question
> itself is authoritarian as it is hardly a stretch
> to say the question is authoritarian if it is
> based on authoritarian assumptions.

Yeah, I'm a little confused about the "lie" part. I stated my opinion as I saw it. He doesn't have to agree with it, but in no way did I state an untruth.


> "...you respond with snobbishness."
>
> An opinion, probably shared by others, not a lie.
>
> "It was a simple question to make sure we were
> referring to the same thing..."

>
> A statement of fact as seen by Kristin, you would
> agree it was a "simple question" would you not,
> and gives her reason for asking it which we have
> no reason to believe she is "lying" about that.
>
> "...and you respond by being a jerk."
>
> An opinion, probably shared by others, not a lie.
>
> "I doubt you have the capacity to debate the
> evidence anyway."

>
> An opinion, not a lie.
>
> "So you're just close minded, apathetic and
> incapable of separating the wheat from the
> chaff."

>
> Unless you are claiming she does not actually
> believe this statement but is saying it anyways,
> an opinion, not a lie.
>
> "So you're just close minded, apathetic and
> incapable of separating the wheat from the
> chaff."

>
> Unless you are claiming she does not actually
> believe this statement but is saying it anyways,
> an opinion, not a lie.
>
> "Got it."
>
> Unless you are claiming she does not actually "got
> it", though said sarcastically, a statement of
> fact.
>
> "And here I thought we were having a reasonable
> conversation."

>
> Unless you are claiming she does not actually
> believe this statement but is saying it anyways,
> an opinion, not a lie.
>
> "Debate 101 fail on your part."
>
> An opinion, not a lie.
>
> "Thanks for playing, though."
>
> Sarcasm understood to not be a "genuine"
> statement.
>
> Where is the lie Martin?
>
> > (and how quickly we’ve
> > reached this point).
>
> Because Kristin is a "liar"? Can you give examples
> that show this pattern of behavior in her where at
> some point in an argument or debate she reaches a
> point of needed to "lie"?
>
> > So much for your principles.
>
> Which are diminished in your view, perhaps a "lie"
> themselves, because you claim she is not only
> lying but implying is someone who lies.
>
> > So much for your ability.
>
> Did Kristin make claims about her own ability?
>
> > Your failure to offer any reason at all why I
> > should answer your questions is noted.
>
> Unless you feel her question is improper in some
> way or unclear requiring an explanation as to why
> she is asking it, in polite society it is
> understood being asked a question is reason enough
> to answer it or at least acknowledge you have been
> addressed. You met her question with asking the
> question why should you answer her to specifically
> elicit no response knowing full well it is a
> question to be ignored. And when it is not
> answered you claim impropriety on her part because
> she did not answer it which in turn alleviates
> your responsibility to answer her earlier question
> because if she will not answer yours than why
> should you.
>
> > It remains
> > as it was in the first place entirely at my
> > discretion if I do so or not.
>
> True, but how is it a deception of some sort on
> Kristin's part to note you have not answered her
> questions when you yourself are admitting you did
> not?

Yeah, I don't get this whole "lying" thing.

Stupidity is knowing the truth, seeing the truth but still believing the lies. And that is more infectious than any other disease. ~ Richard Feynman

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 1431 GramPong 15-Jul-19 21:31
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 302 Merrell 16-Jul-19 07:15
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 236 GramPong 16-Jul-19 11:02
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 220 Merrell 16-Jul-19 14:10
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 194 GramPong 16-Jul-19 15:25
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 198 Martin Stower 16-Jul-19 21:08
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 185 GramPong 16-Jul-19 22:44
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 196 PB Bytes 16-Jul-19 23:24
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 181 GramPong 16-Jul-19 23:43
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 175 Thanos5150 17-Jul-19 15:46
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 190 GramPong 17-Jul-19 15:56
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 186 Corpuscles 17-Jul-19 23:32
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 165 GramPong 18-Jul-19 00:49
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 183 Corpuscles 18-Jul-19 02:54
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 175 GramPong 18-Jul-19 12:55
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 163 Corpuscles 18-Jul-19 16:47
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 190 GramPong 18-Jul-19 17:39
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 159 Susan Doris 19-Jul-19 05:06
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 186 Thanos5150 18-Jul-19 03:36
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 161 GramPong 18-Jul-19 13:15
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 184 PB Bytes 17-Jul-19 17:40
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 158 Thanos5150 18-Jul-19 03:14
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 176 PB Bytes 18-Jul-19 15:11
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 177 Thanos5150 19-Jul-19 15:36
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 151 PB Bytes 19-Jul-19 15:54
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 183 Thanos5150 20-Jul-19 01:23
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 159 PB Bytes 21-Jul-19 04:04
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 190 Martin Stower 17-Jul-19 07:48
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 158 GramPong 17-Jul-19 08:44
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 264 Martin Stower 16-Jul-19 08:51
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 193 GramPong 16-Jul-19 10:53
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 155 Barbelo 16-Jul-19 21:09
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 189 Martin Stower 16-Jul-19 21:30
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 163 GramPong 16-Jul-19 22:23
Immortality & Resurrection 190 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 00:17
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 169 GramPong 17-Jul-19 00:28
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 185 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 01:37
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 152 GramPong 17-Jul-19 02:13
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 163 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 03:37
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 182 GramPong 17-Jul-19 03:58
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 187 Martin Stower 17-Jul-19 07:44
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 155 GramPong 17-Jul-19 09:10
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 169 Merrell 17-Jul-19 07:52
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 174 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 11:33
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 173 Corpuscles 17-Jul-19 03:03
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 154 GramPong 17-Jul-19 03:21
Barnhardt Klaatu Exchange 169 Dr. Troglodyte 17-Jul-19 13:00
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 195 Merrell 17-Jul-19 07:56
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 188 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 11:35
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 226 Merrell 17-Jul-19 13:54
Stargate 174 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 22:23
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 195 Barbelo 18-Jul-19 02:34
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 186 GramPong 18-Jul-19 13:18
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 205 Barbelo 18-Jul-19 22:02
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 154 GramPong 18-Jul-19 22:15
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 198 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 00:45
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 212 Martin Stower 19-Jul-19 20:48
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 162 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 21:38
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 173 Martin Stower 20-Jul-19 22:35
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 166 Barbelo 21-Jul-19 00:49
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 185 Martin Stower 22-Jul-19 15:30
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 148 Barbelo 22-Jul-19 21:03
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 184 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 04:49
Re: Stargate 204 Merrell 18-Jul-19 08:05
Re: Stargate 173 Barbelo 18-Jul-19 22:10
Re: Stargate 209 Merrell 19-Jul-19 11:25
Re: Stargate 190 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 21:28
Re: Stargate 173 Merrell 19-Jul-19 21:52
Re: Stargate 212 Thanos5150 20-Jul-19 15:32
Re: Stargate 174 Merrell 20-Jul-19 15:45
Re: Stargate 159 Thanos5150 23-Jul-19 21:30
Re: Stargate 155 Aine 23-Jul-19 23:03
Re: Stargate 173 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 00:05
Re: Stargate 164 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 00:43
Re: Stargate 138 Aine 24-Jul-19 01:09
Re: Stargate 157 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 01:33
Re: Stargate 163 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 01:56
Re: Stargate 166 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 03:47
Re: Stargate 155 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 15:05
Re: Stargate 147 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 23:08
Re: Stargate 158 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 01:46
Mod Note > Duplicate Postings 137 Dr. Troglodyte 25-Jul-19 17:13
Re: Stargate 175 Merrell 21-Jul-19 12:34
Re: Stargate 167 Martin Stower 22-Jul-19 15:40
Re: Stargate 155 Thanos5150 23-Jul-19 21:56
Re: Stargate 189 jazzmumbles 22-Jul-19 01:04
Re: Stargate 170 Merrell 22-Jul-19 06:49
Re: Stargate 153 drrayeye 22-Jul-19 17:18
The EcuadorianToilet Float of the Gods 153 Merrell 22-Jul-19 19:47
debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 174 drrayeye 22-Jul-19 22:25
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 167 Merrell 24-Jul-19 12:43
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 156 Martin Stower 24-Jul-19 13:36
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 154 drrayeye 24-Jul-19 14:31
And..... 154 Barbelo 24-Jul-19 22:19
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 143 drrayeye 24-Jul-19 14:29
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 145 Merrell 25-Jul-19 06:43
Debunkatron 148 drrayeye 25-Jul-19 06:50
Re: Debunkatron 153 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 08:24
Re: Debunkatron 158 drrayeye 25-Jul-19 13:16
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 157 Aine 26-Jul-19 16:04
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 193 Aine 24-Jul-19 17:06
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 169 Merrell 25-Jul-19 06:41
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 159 Aine 25-Jul-19 10:41
Agreed 149 drrayeye 25-Jul-19 13:24
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 152 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 15:32
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 145 GramPong 25-Jul-19 16:30
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 135 Aine 26-Jul-19 16:02
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 142 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 07:28
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 154 Aine 25-Jul-19 10:39
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 173 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 11:27
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 126 Aine 25-Jul-19 13:21
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 165 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 15:13
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 155 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 16:28
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 180 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 18:49
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 157 Thanos5150 26-Jul-19 15:15
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 161 Martin Stower 26-Jul-19 19:16
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 147 Aine 26-Jul-19 16:18
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 159 Aine 26-Jul-19 15:50
Re: Stargate 155 Aine 23-Jul-19 22:25
Re: Stargate 155 Thanos5150 23-Jul-19 23:39
Re: Stargate 168 Aine 24-Jul-19 00:59
Re: Stargate 137 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 03:43
Re: Stargate 208 Aine 24-Jul-19 11:16
Re: Stargate 149 PB Bytes 24-Jul-19 23:18
Re: Stargate 153 Corpuscles 25-Jul-19 00:25
Re: Stargate 124 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 03:04
Re: Stargate 137 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 20:48
Re: Stargate 161 Corpuscles 25-Jul-19 22:32
Collateral damage 171 hendrik dirker 26-Jul-19 02:02
Re: Collateral damage 146 Corpuscles 26-Jul-19 03:36
Re: Stargate 202 R Avry Wilson 26-Jul-19 03:25
Re: mirage.. 132 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 04:55
Re: mirage.. 169 R Avry Wilson 26-Jul-19 08:28
Re: Stargate 141 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 05:07
Re: Stargate 153 Corpuscles 26-Jul-19 05:31
Re: Stargate 141 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 14:09
Re: Stargate 144 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 01:59
Re: Stargate 140 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 02:10
Re: Stargate 155 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 02:31
Re: Stargate 140 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 02:54
Re: Stargate 155 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 03:26
Re: Stargate 165 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 03:31
Re: Stargate 154 GramPong 25-Jul-19 11:57
Cloaking ? 124 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 21:35
Re: Stargate 176 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 11:32
Re: Stargate 143 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 04:58
Re: Stargate 169 Martin Stower 24-Jul-19 13:24
Re: Stargate 174 drrayeye 24-Jul-19 15:13
"The Book Of The Damned" - A Debunker's Dream? 155 Barbelo 24-Jul-19 01:48
Re: Stargate 146 GramPong 19-Jul-19 23:33
The Emerald Tablets 168 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 02:19
Re: The Emerald Tablets 167 GramPong 20-Jul-19 02:53
Re: The Emerald Tablets 172 Merrell 20-Jul-19 09:04
Re: The Emerald Tablets 169 GramPong 20-Jul-19 15:03
Re: The Emerald Tablets 145 cladking 20-Jul-19 22:12
Re: The Emerald Tablets 174 Merrell 20-Jul-19 12:39
Re: The Emerald Tablets 166 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 21:28
Re: The Emerald Tablets 201 Merrell 20-Jul-19 22:04
Re: The Emerald Tablets 147 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 22:34
Re: The Emerald Tablets 158 Martin Stower 20-Jul-19 22:41
Re: The Emerald Tablets 172 Barbelo 21-Jul-19 01:01
Re: The Emerald Tablets 152 Martin Stower 22-Jul-19 15:28
Re: The Emerald Tablets 140 Barbelo 22-Jul-19 21:27
Re: Stargate 138 GramPong 19-Jul-19 22:15
Re: Stargate 157 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 23:02
Re: Stargate 163 GramPong 20-Jul-19 02:01
Re: Stargate 158 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 02:21
Re: Stargate 174 Merrell 20-Jul-19 08:45
Re: Stargate 211 Martin Stower 18-Jul-19 22:26
Re: Stargate 186 Merrell 19-Jul-19 11:46
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 236 Martin Stower 17-Jul-19 21:34
Trey Smith 168 GramPong 24-Jul-19 19:56
Re: Trey Smith 180 Lee McGiffen 26-Jul-19 03:09
Re: Trey Smith 169 GramPong 26-Jul-19 10:44
Mod Warning > General > Topic Closed 232 Dr. Troglodyte 26-Jul-19 20:04


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.