Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I watch the show, but I can't say that "I love it", They are not doing themselves any favors by having the likes of J Hutton Pulitzer on the show, he's a complete hack. And In other ways they make it difficult for academics to take them seriously. Which is unfortunate because the findings at Smiths cove this past year have been extraordinary and should have caught the interest of historians and archeologists.

Carbon dating suggests that most of the underground work on the Island dates from the early 17th century. Other finds (coconut fiber) indicate earlier dates, suggesting at least two phases of construction and occupation. These dates and the complexity of the work rule out most of the theories - pirates (too complex and no easy recovery option), the British army (too late), the French (too late), Arcadians (too late), the Incas (too preposterous)......

There are some great books on the topic. I recently read The Secret Treasure of Oak Island by D'arcy O'Connor and the recently published Curse of Oak Island by Randall Sullivan, which I highly recommend. Sullivan comes to the same conclusions as me and favors the Francis Bacon line of thinking. This is probably the wildest and most complex theory out there as it incorporates the Knights Templar, Rosicrucians, Freemasons, Shakespeare, the Arc of the Covenant and enough esoterica to drive you insane.
They continuously touch on the topic on the show but for now they remain transfixed by the money pit. For a number of reasons the swamp has not been explored further which is unfortunate because, like many others, I believe this is where the answers will be found. Norwegian researcher Petter Amundsen has been the leading proponent of this theory but he fell out of favor with the current Oak Island team when he sided with the Canadian authorities and pushed for an archeologist to be involved in the search operations (hence Laird Niven).
Check out Amundsens documentaries Timeline - Shakespeare part 1 they are fascinating

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 970 Gandhi 03-Apr-19 19:14
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 401 eyeofhorus33 03-Apr-19 20:19
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 371 Race Jackson 03-Apr-19 21:24
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 369 Brian Patterson 03-Apr-19 23:05
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 366 Martin Stower 03-Apr-19 23:34
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 302 neilwilkes 05-Apr-19 13:56
Mod Note > Search Feature 300 Dr. Troglodyte 03-Apr-19 23:53
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 542 AWSX 04-Apr-19 13:20
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 304 Merrell 04-Apr-19 17:11
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 290 neilwilkes 05-Apr-19 14:07
Prince Henry Sinclair's Blog ... 330 Merrell 05-Apr-19 15:34
Re: Prince Henry Sinclair's Blog ... 291 neilwilkes 05-Apr-19 15:43
Re: Prince Henry Sinclair's Blog ... 280 sfbey 05-Apr-19 16:31
Re: Curse of Oak Island lost civilization theory 448 seanoffshotgun 05-Apr-19 21:09

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.