Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Martin Stower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Wrong. Main tool in the Egyptological toolbox is
> having studied the language to a level of being
> able to deal with it directly (and not via
> translations of translations). It seems you would
> rather not mention this. Why is that?

I'm not sure I mentioned this before but it is rather embarrassing being a member of a race that judges people through parsing a book of incantation and I don't believe in "intelligence". ie- using a book of incantation to know anything is stupid even for a species with no intelligence. It's embarrassing.

> The irrationalism and obscurantism of the fringe,
> meanwhile, is seen in precisely its disdainful
> dismissal of “context” for no other reason
> than it knows very well that it fails on
> this criterion.

We ignore the assumptions that changeless and highly superstitious bumpkins dragged tombs up ramps and Egyptology ignores the little evidence they've deigned to gather while worshiping a book of magic.

> We may note in passing that Lehner made himself
> unpopular with the fringe by his apostasy from the
> Revealed Religion of Edgar Cayce.

Either that or those whom the Gods would destroy they first drive mad.

> That you put “semantics” on a level with
> “insults” is noted. For the clueful this says
> all that needs saying on the contents of your
> toolbox.

Semantics and words games are devoid of science and meaning. Insults are irrelevant and devoid of reason. Definitions are irrelevant. Beliefs are irrelevant. Scientific models are irrelevant. Convictions mean nothing.

What does matter is logic and evidence. What matters is the nature of reality as disclosed by experiment. What matters in a debate is understanding reality and being able to communicate it to other people. Since there were no ramps, tombs, or static bumpkins I should think Egyptology can't win any debate so they hide behind "peer review" and word games. Writing "peer review" into the "scientific" method was pure genius since it's the ultimate word game and the ultimate obfuscation. Why use science you don't understand when you can just all agree that the answers are already known? Why use science when you can smile smugly and say superstition made these people strong? Why use science when it consistently says you are wrong.

Man fears the pyramid, time fears man.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Egyptology debate 1327 ptutaki@gmail.com 01-Apr-19 20:14
Re: Egyptology debate 380 cladking 01-Apr-19 22:02
Re: Egyptology debate 368 Martin Stower 01-Apr-19 22:30
Re: Egyptology debate 280 Brian Patterson 01-Apr-19 23:30
Re: Egyptology debate 290 cladking 02-Apr-19 00:12
Re: Egyptology debate 269 Open mind 02-Apr-19 01:50
Re: Egyptology debate 238 cladking 02-Apr-19 02:25
Re: Egyptology debate 255 Open mind 02-Apr-19 03:30
Re: Egyptology debate 289 cladking 02-Apr-19 03:43
Don't you ever 241 eyeofhorus33 02-Apr-19 17:04
Re: Don't you ever 201 cladking 02-Apr-19 19:39
Re: Don't you ever 292 Martin Stower 02-Apr-19 20:23
Re: Don't you ever 218 Corpuscles 02-Apr-19 20:38
Re: Don't you ever 200 eyeofhorus33 03-Apr-19 17:27
Re: Don't you ever 186 cladking 03-Apr-19 17:46
Re: Don't you ever 210 cladking 02-Apr-19 19:45
Re: Don't you ever 200 Thanos5150 02-Apr-19 23:31
Re: Don't you ever 171 Corpuscles 03-Apr-19 01:04
Re: Don't you ever 190 cladking 03-Apr-19 01:46
Re: Don't you ever 187 Warwick 04-Apr-19 15:56
Re: Don't you ever 158 cladking 04-Apr-19 16:58
Re: Don't you ever 161 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:07
Re: Don't you ever 184 cladking 04-Apr-19 17:29
Re: Don't you ever 176 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:45
Re: Don't you ever 198 Merrell 07-Apr-19 08:45
Re: Don't you ever 188 cladking 07-Apr-19 12:59
Re: Don't you ever 164 Martin Stower 07-Apr-19 16:37
Re: Don't you ever 177 cladking 03-Apr-19 01:25
Re: Egyptology debate 194 Corpuscles 02-Apr-19 21:06
Egyptology Owns the Low Road. 200 cladking 02-Apr-19 21:20
Re: Egyptology debate 257 Martin Stower 02-Apr-19 22:43
Re: Egyptology debate 228 Open mind 03-Apr-19 02:59
Re: Egyptology debate 228 Martin Stower 03-Apr-19 23:27
Re: Egyptology debate 215 Open mind 03-Apr-19 02:40
Re: Egyptology debate 188 Corpuscles 03-Apr-19 21:09
Re: Egyptology debate 166 cladking 03-Apr-19 22:00
Re: Egyptology debate 182 Corpuscles 03-Apr-19 22:40
Re: Egyptology debate 240 cladking 04-Apr-19 00:23
Re: Egyptology debate 194 Corpuscles 04-Apr-19 01:03
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 260 jamesglory 04-Apr-19 02:14
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 186 cladking 04-Apr-19 03:06
Two quick questions: 204 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 07:41
Re: Two quick questions: 178 cladking 04-Apr-19 13:36
So, there was spiritual belief 217 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 19:44
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 200 Corpuscles 04-Apr-19 20:01
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 205 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 20:24
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 198 cladking 04-Apr-19 21:07
Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 218 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 21:11
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 190 cladking 05-Apr-19 01:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 221 Corpuscles 05-Apr-19 02:22
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 203 cladking 05-Apr-19 02:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 182 Corpuscles 05-Apr-19 08:05
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 177 cladking 05-Apr-19 19:29
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 178 Corpuscles 05-Apr-19 22:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 168 cladking 06-Apr-19 00:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 162 Corpuscles 06-Apr-19 06:06
Some Might Pay A Shilling 188 Barbelo 06-Apr-19 06:17
Re: Some Might Pay A Shilling 192 Corpuscles 06-Apr-19 09:00
The Telephone?? 189 Warwick 05-Apr-19 07:21
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 182 Corpuscles 04-Apr-19 21:57
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 177 cladking 04-Apr-19 21:00
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 160 cladking 04-Apr-19 20:54
You are completely mad! 203 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 21:09
Re: You are completely mad! 221 cladking 05-Apr-19 02:11
Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 169 eyeofhorus33 05-Apr-19 06:18
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 217 cladking 05-Apr-19 13:48
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 164 Warwick 05-Apr-19 15:59
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 154 cladking 05-Apr-19 16:29
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 149 Warwick 05-Apr-19 17:02
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 163 cladking 05-Apr-19 17:21
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 263 jamesglory 04-Apr-19 08:16
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 159 cladking 04-Apr-19 13:29
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 176 Warwick 04-Apr-19 15:34
Re: Egyptology debate 216 Open mind 05-Apr-19 01:40
Re: Egyptology debate 181 cladking 05-Apr-19 02:22
Re: Egyptology debate 184 Warwick 05-Apr-19 07:33
Re: Egyptology debate 193 Open mind 06-Apr-19 00:48
Re: Egyptology debate 188 Corpuscles 06-Apr-19 03:43
Re: Egyptology debate 186 Open mind 06-Apr-19 22:27
Re: Egyptology debate 179 Corpuscles 07-Apr-19 07:49
Re: Egyptology debate 166 Open mind 07-Apr-19 17:29
Re: Egyptology debate 171 Open mind 07-Apr-19 17:34
Re: Egyptology debate 183 Corpuscles 08-Apr-19 06:49
Re: Egyptology debate 191 eyeofhorus33 06-Apr-19 22:14
Re: Egyptology debate 184 Thanos5150 07-Apr-19 16:37
Re: Egyptology debate 187 eyeofhorus33 08-Apr-19 06:54
Re: Egyptology debate 173 Thanos5150 08-Apr-19 16:08
Having now caught up on the thread entire... 187 Warwick 04-Apr-19 15:50
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 152 cladking 04-Apr-19 17:06
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 165 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:10
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 160 cladking 04-Apr-19 17:39
IOW's 170 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:42
Re: IOW's 160 cladking 04-Apr-19 18:54
Re: IOW's 201 Martin Stower 04-Apr-19 19:26
April Fools! 178 cladking 04-Apr-19 18:58
Re: April Fools! 199 Warwick 04-Apr-19 19:35
Re: April Fools! 206 Martin Stower 04-Apr-19 19:49
Re: April Fools! 199 cladking 04-Apr-19 20:31
Re: April Fools! 186 Martin Stower 08-Apr-19 11:18
Re: April Fools! 163 cladking 08-Apr-19 13:18
Re: April Fools! 256 Martin Stower 08-Apr-19 22:06
Re: April Fools! 188 Warwick 09-Apr-19 17:04
Re: April Fools! 189 cladking 09-Apr-19 19:55
Re: April Fools! 227 cladking 08-Apr-19 13:34
Reality? 158 Warwick 08-Apr-19 17:50
Here's Another Shilling 185 Barbelo 08-Apr-19 21:08
Talking out of both sides of your mouth again! 166 eyeofhorus33 09-Apr-19 20:41
Re: Talking out of both sides of your mouth again! 182 cladking 09-Apr-19 21:21
Re: Talking out of both sides of your mouth again! 155 cladking 09-Apr-19 21:38
In summation... 153 Warwick 10-Apr-19 17:11
Re: In summation... 154 cladking 10-Apr-19 17:33
Re: In summation... 186 Warwick 10-Apr-19 17:44
Re: In summation... 176 cladking 10-Apr-19 18:55
Re: In summation... 266 Warwick 11-Apr-19 18:30
Re: In summation... 158 Hanslune 11-Apr-19 14:37
Re: April Fools! 165 cladking 09-Apr-19 21:56
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 183 cladking 11-Apr-19 15:09


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.