Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Open mind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Apparently you have a great deal of knowledge
> about all this information they hold in their
> hands? "
> - I do not... I trust that from centuries of
> dusty digging and remains analysis, Egyptology
> knows a great deal about the Dynastic Egyptian
> civilization, and I believe them when they say
> that they were a relatively uncivilized society
> incapable of high tech wonders.

It s a value judgement of opinion as to what constitutes "civilized". I wonder what AE might think of the level of civilized expressed by 21st Century CE society???
However, I note you likely meant low technology in comparison with our current estimation of such.
>
> Re: "This ancient advanced civilization"
> What sort of clothes did they wear?
> What sort of food did they eat with what cooking
> utensils?
> What machinery did they possess?
> What language did they speak and write?
> How and where did they travel?
> Why did they build massive temples and create
> statues of strange figures?
>
> All good questions. But I've been intrigued by
> the reasonable suggestion that if an advanced
> civilization existed before the flood, and as it
> was an ice age, they lived in highly vulnerable
> coastal areas, that the evidence of the cataclism
> 12,600 and 11,500 years ago is strongly suggesting
> that any evidence of their existence will be very
> hard to find.

However the very things you dispute as belonging to and created by Dynastic Ancient Egyptians are found well away from the coast and even in Upper Egypt. But yes some are found under water at coastal regions.

The people who had the capacity to carve hard stone looked like this



It is easy to determine what kings and queens looked like but several ordinary folk are depicted as well.

Perhaps you consider it very "uncivilized" to use hard igneous rock utensils but the folk with the capacity to make such used them.



Those people also had a sophisticated language and inscribed it into very hard rock.
Egyptologists can read them and make sense of most of it and correlate it to the period the king and even in some cases to other corroborating writing such as cuneiform



We know for certain those people who wore those clothes and funny hats, and wrote in those hieroglyphs, etc could move huge weights





Not only that but they continued hauling huge weights and building temples etc long after the great pyramid age some well attested as to builder and period eg Hatshepsut



Or much better attested and corroborated with other cultures writings Ramses II





So, where that seems to leave you and the unattested lost high tech civilization seems to be:

They (lost ones) constructed massive monuments and statues and writing in hard stone in well elevated non coastal regions . They completely disappeared and some less technological nomads FOUND it all (pyramids , sophisticated tombs, statues, obelisks etc and THEN decided to adopt every aspect of such culture.
The newcomers AE, not only adopted the writing style but deciphered it first. They set in place a religion and culture based on what they deciphered.
The new comers also learned how they cut and moved great weights of stone and carried on doing so for several millenia?

Oh and it seems you claim all radiometric dating techniques, invented by our highly "civilized" (technologically advanced) 20th Century CE culture is WRONG! infact ridiculously way out.?


>
> I appreciate Egyptology's commitment to focusing
> on the bird in hand. It makes it easier to
> distinguish between their real data and their
> leaps.
>
> "How did they cut it and move it.... is unknown
> until there is definite better evidence!
> Who did it? - obviously the known identified
> Ancient Egyptians and cannot be completely
> unidentified someone's who left without a trace!
> "
>
> - I appreciate statements like this because it
> clarifies the parameters of your investigation and
> makes it easier to understand what you know and
> what you don't know. Saying that finding remains
> of a group of people next to a pyramid is
> sufficient evidence that they were the builders of
> that pyramid is easy to say. Saying its a
> reasonable conclusion simply because you have no
> other alternative is the most honest way of
> putting it. But its clearly an admission of
> having no idea, and it is appreciated.
>
> There IS nothing to debate. You have been
> completely clear.

Contrary, you know absolutely NOTHING about this "lost advanced ancient civilization" other than you disbelieve or refuse to believe the better evidenced matching Ancient Egyptians must have by necessity possessed the skill and methods to create such.

Edit PS

OM you are entitled as your right to believe whatever fantasy you wish? No matter how unevidenced or stupid.
However, before serving out ridicule and accusations to the profession of Egyptology it would be more meaningful if you learned more about it and the basis for their opinion and had some solid evidence to the contrary before joining in with the uneducated accusations?


I sympathise I once was in the same space.

Eg If Cladking / Sam actually attempted to learn hieroglyphics even to a basic beginners level then he would soon find his fantasy would crumble to dust.! … no need for public acknowledgement of such mistake but merely advancing his obviously passionate interest, if it is not derived totally by narcissistic egocentric insanity in nature/cause.



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03-Apr-19 21:39 by Corpuscles.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Egyptology debate 1327 ptutaki@gmail.com 01-Apr-19 20:14
Re: Egyptology debate 381 cladking 01-Apr-19 22:02
Re: Egyptology debate 369 Martin Stower 01-Apr-19 22:30
Re: Egyptology debate 281 Brian Patterson 01-Apr-19 23:30
Re: Egyptology debate 291 cladking 02-Apr-19 00:12
Re: Egyptology debate 269 Open mind 02-Apr-19 01:50
Re: Egyptology debate 239 cladking 02-Apr-19 02:25
Re: Egyptology debate 256 Open mind 02-Apr-19 03:30
Re: Egyptology debate 289 cladking 02-Apr-19 03:43
Don't you ever 241 eyeofhorus33 02-Apr-19 17:04
Re: Don't you ever 202 cladking 02-Apr-19 19:39
Re: Don't you ever 292 Martin Stower 02-Apr-19 20:23
Re: Don't you ever 219 Corpuscles 02-Apr-19 20:38
Re: Don't you ever 200 eyeofhorus33 03-Apr-19 17:27
Re: Don't you ever 186 cladking 03-Apr-19 17:46
Re: Don't you ever 210 cladking 02-Apr-19 19:45
Re: Don't you ever 200 Thanos5150 02-Apr-19 23:31
Re: Don't you ever 173 Corpuscles 03-Apr-19 01:04
Re: Don't you ever 191 cladking 03-Apr-19 01:46
Re: Don't you ever 187 Warwick 04-Apr-19 15:56
Re: Don't you ever 158 cladking 04-Apr-19 16:58
Re: Don't you ever 161 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:07
Re: Don't you ever 184 cladking 04-Apr-19 17:29
Re: Don't you ever 176 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:45
Re: Don't you ever 199 Merrell 07-Apr-19 08:45
Re: Don't you ever 189 cladking 07-Apr-19 12:59
Re: Don't you ever 164 Martin Stower 07-Apr-19 16:37
Re: Don't you ever 178 cladking 03-Apr-19 01:25
Re: Egyptology debate 195 Corpuscles 02-Apr-19 21:06
Egyptology Owns the Low Road. 200 cladking 02-Apr-19 21:20
Re: Egyptology debate 257 Martin Stower 02-Apr-19 22:43
Re: Egyptology debate 228 Open mind 03-Apr-19 02:59
Re: Egyptology debate 229 Martin Stower 03-Apr-19 23:27
Re: Egyptology debate 215 Open mind 03-Apr-19 02:40
Re: Egyptology debate 188 Corpuscles 03-Apr-19 21:09
Re: Egyptology debate 166 cladking 03-Apr-19 22:00
Re: Egyptology debate 182 Corpuscles 03-Apr-19 22:40
Re: Egyptology debate 240 cladking 04-Apr-19 00:23
Re: Egyptology debate 195 Corpuscles 04-Apr-19 01:03
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 261 jamesglory 04-Apr-19 02:14
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 187 cladking 04-Apr-19 03:06
Two quick questions: 204 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 07:41
Re: Two quick questions: 178 cladking 04-Apr-19 13:36
So, there was spiritual belief 218 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 19:44
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 201 Corpuscles 04-Apr-19 20:01
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 205 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 20:24
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 198 cladking 04-Apr-19 21:07
Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 218 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 21:11
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 191 cladking 05-Apr-19 01:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 221 Corpuscles 05-Apr-19 02:22
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 204 cladking 05-Apr-19 02:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 182 Corpuscles 05-Apr-19 08:05
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 178 cladking 05-Apr-19 19:29
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 179 Corpuscles 05-Apr-19 22:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 168 cladking 06-Apr-19 00:44
Re: Bat$#!t crazy (n/t) 163 Corpuscles 06-Apr-19 06:06
Some Might Pay A Shilling 189 Barbelo 06-Apr-19 06:17
Re: Some Might Pay A Shilling 192 Corpuscles 06-Apr-19 09:00
The Telephone?? 189 Warwick 05-Apr-19 07:21
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 183 Corpuscles 04-Apr-19 21:57
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 177 cladking 04-Apr-19 21:00
Re: So, there was spiritual belief 161 cladking 04-Apr-19 20:54
You are completely mad! 203 eyeofhorus33 04-Apr-19 21:09
Re: You are completely mad! 221 cladking 05-Apr-19 02:11
Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 169 eyeofhorus33 05-Apr-19 06:18
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 218 cladking 05-Apr-19 13:48
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 165 Warwick 05-Apr-19 15:59
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 155 cladking 05-Apr-19 16:29
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 150 Warwick 05-Apr-19 17:02
Re: Cladking provides more evidence of spiritual belief! 165 cladking 05-Apr-19 17:21
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 263 jamesglory 04-Apr-19 08:16
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 160 cladking 04-Apr-19 13:29
Re: Egyptology debate..Magic and Demonology in Ancient Egypt 176 Warwick 04-Apr-19 15:34
Re: Egyptology debate 217 Open mind 05-Apr-19 01:40
Re: Egyptology debate 181 cladking 05-Apr-19 02:22
Re: Egyptology debate 184 Warwick 05-Apr-19 07:33
Re: Egyptology debate 194 Open mind 06-Apr-19 00:48
Re: Egyptology debate 189 Corpuscles 06-Apr-19 03:43
Re: Egyptology debate 186 Open mind 06-Apr-19 22:27
Re: Egyptology debate 179 Corpuscles 07-Apr-19 07:49
Re: Egyptology debate 166 Open mind 07-Apr-19 17:29
Re: Egyptology debate 171 Open mind 07-Apr-19 17:34
Re: Egyptology debate 184 Corpuscles 08-Apr-19 06:49
Re: Egyptology debate 191 eyeofhorus33 06-Apr-19 22:14
Re: Egyptology debate 185 Thanos5150 07-Apr-19 16:37
Re: Egyptology debate 187 eyeofhorus33 08-Apr-19 06:54
Re: Egyptology debate 174 Thanos5150 08-Apr-19 16:08
Having now caught up on the thread entire... 188 Warwick 04-Apr-19 15:50
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 152 cladking 04-Apr-19 17:06
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 166 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:10
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 162 cladking 04-Apr-19 17:39
IOW's 171 Warwick 04-Apr-19 17:42
Re: IOW's 161 cladking 04-Apr-19 18:54
Re: IOW's 202 Martin Stower 04-Apr-19 19:26
April Fools! 179 cladking 04-Apr-19 18:58
Re: April Fools! 199 Warwick 04-Apr-19 19:35
Re: April Fools! 206 Martin Stower 04-Apr-19 19:49
Re: April Fools! 201 cladking 04-Apr-19 20:31
Re: April Fools! 186 Martin Stower 08-Apr-19 11:18
Re: April Fools! 164 cladking 08-Apr-19 13:18
Re: April Fools! 257 Martin Stower 08-Apr-19 22:06
Re: April Fools! 189 Warwick 09-Apr-19 17:04
Re: April Fools! 190 cladking 09-Apr-19 19:55
Re: April Fools! 227 cladking 08-Apr-19 13:34
Reality? 158 Warwick 08-Apr-19 17:50
Here's Another Shilling 187 Barbelo 08-Apr-19 21:08
Talking out of both sides of your mouth again! 167 eyeofhorus33 09-Apr-19 20:41
Re: Talking out of both sides of your mouth again! 183 cladking 09-Apr-19 21:21
Re: Talking out of both sides of your mouth again! 155 cladking 09-Apr-19 21:38
In summation... 153 Warwick 10-Apr-19 17:11
Re: In summation... 154 cladking 10-Apr-19 17:33
Re: In summation... 186 Warwick 10-Apr-19 17:44
Re: In summation... 177 cladking 10-Apr-19 18:55
Re: In summation... 267 Warwick 11-Apr-19 18:30
Re: In summation... 159 Hanslune 11-Apr-19 14:37
Re: April Fools! 165 cladking 09-Apr-19 21:56
Re: Having now caught up on the thread entire... 183 cladking 11-Apr-19 15:09


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.