Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I have over the years enjoyed visiting many ancient sites in the UK. I am planing going to one this Autumn called the Thornborough Henges. There are 3 major Henges and a Cursus. There is a dogleg layout of the 3 Henges, which appear to mirror the Orion's belt . Newcastle University Archaeology team has dug there and it was the the Team leader who made the claim in a interview some years ago, not some off the wall hippie. It does seem to mirror the off set of the Giza pyramids although built 1000yrs before them. Here's is some info from the Archaeology Data Service [archaeologydataservice.ac.uk]
or visually better 1.44 min u tube video clip [www.youtube.com] .
Can I ask without getting my head bit off, does anyone have any ideas if there some cultural, spiritual, or perhaps a farming Calendar connection, Orion is prominent in the Autumn sky here in England. Is the layout just an accident or is there a connection, Egypt is a long way away especially in the Neolithic age.
Sadly the site and its surrounding area is in danger from the Aggregates Company Tarmac and many surrounding environs are lost for ever after extraction/mining. It is a shame that this has happened as there was a lot activity in the area from the Neolithic age, any archaeology is now lost for ever.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Stonehenge of Northern England. 680 grangram 27-Mar-19 07:36
Mod Note > Topic Moved 169 Dr. Troglodyte 27-Mar-19 14:08
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 246 DavidK 27-Mar-19 19:34
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 165 grangram 29-Mar-19 06:21
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 194 DavidK 29-Mar-19 20:24
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 144 grangram 31-Mar-19 09:38
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 212 michael seabrook 30-Mar-19 21:59
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 151 grangram 31-Mar-19 09:39
Re: The Stonehenge of Northern England. 247 michael seabrook 31-Mar-19 20:37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.