Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Sirfiroth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Surveys of this sort only reflect the ‘as
> built’ dimensions, not intended dimensions. If
> you disagree, please provide what irrefutable
> evidence that exist which would lead anyone to
> assume any surveyed dimension of G1 are the exact
> intended dimensions of the Ancient Egyptian
> builders? That any survey does is an assumption
> with no irrefutable evidence addressing this
> conundrum. Therefore the correct answer can only
> be 'None of them'!

i use Legon's numbers in my 3D model of Giza
which has the automatic and enviable etc. feature
of being ideal to measure the distances between peaks
and other exclusive traits i have yet to get fully around to
(i had grand designs on measuring and comparing the spheres,
but kept tripping over the so far endless distractions)

this image: (http://dudeman.net/astra/giza/6b.gif)
shows there is a point equidistant from all 3 pyramids
this page: (http://dudeman.net/astra/giza/lines-proj.html)
attempts to explain, without advanced math, how odd that is
...that the distance should be exactly 5000 cubits, however
seems somehow somewhat conspicuous to the casual observer?
but, this is where mathematicians are even more impressed
and thus why skeptics must play dumb at points like this
...the odds of that are beyond accidental, not possibly unintentional
point to anything else easily deemed obviously officially intentional

perhaps you're familiar with the expression
"even a broken watch is right twice a day"
but if the watch is always right, maybe it's not broken
that is the essence of a mathematical Proof by Induction
basically, if something has proven itself a reliable predictor
we are charged by Science to give it the benefit of the doubt
- or that w/c/should be a detail we didn't follow up on properly
which then we would all feel very silly at the end of the movie ;o)

"Repeated Confirmed Correlation: is what is needed, and what we have
...at risk of feeling silly in a minute, i will attempt to explain...

ok so, i am currently in a room which happens to be exactly 10 x 10
if you have a room in a house that is exactly 10 x 10, meters or feet
and other measurements of other dimensions and angles etc. within
confirm a tendency for integer units as obvious common denominators
that contribute to an assumption, so common as to evade description
all minor details that point to a now even widely accepted conclusion
- which leaves the skeptic in an uncomfortable and unenviable position:
just because the details are small enough to be dismiss-able on their own
that they are of a set of observations contributes to the merit of that set
so, the commonality that ties them together is what has gained plausibility
- attacking the details misses the whole point, which may be the whole point

we have a conundrum, positioned somewhere between:
"just because the pi isn't all shtick doesn't mean its edible"
and "ok, we've found a few trees, but where's the confounded forest?"
well, let's point our tricorder around and see if more trees appear?
it's the age old argument of... which method makes a better argument"
specific verified measurements, or some text on papyrus or in clay ???

is the road trip's paper map the end-all/be-all of that kinda knowledge?
or... if a new road or intersection appears before you, is the map wrong?

it's like we've hit the jackpot at a slot machine (whee, tokens on the floor)
and the guy next to us is trying to tell us that we haven't won anything really
but we're too busy stacking the tokens spewing out of this thing to pay any mind
still, there's this nagging sensation of these tokens not being tender anywhere...

but the thingy is ...we would have noticed... so, there is no prevalence of
surprising interesting geometric interesting significant number coincidences
in enough random places to dismiss these findings enough to just ignore them
but the burden of proof is not on us, paper only covers rock
so, if you have a scroll that says this rock was carved upon
we have no reason to not take its word for that
but scissors cuts paper
if we have an empirical repeatable measurement
which contradicts something written somewhere
...then the credibility of scrolls is reduced
...which may be what's worth so much trouble

so that's what this is all about
believing what's written
instead of our own eyes

- but still, rock breaks scissors -
if the pyramids were aligned to stars
that turns out never remotely existed
yes, that would indeed be a thing
and thus, cause to drop OCT, say
...but it's not ;o)




>
> So Jim, without knowing the intent of the Ancient
> Egyptians you, like everyone else, are just
> guessing and guessing is not science. Fact: No one
> has yet provided any evidence, let alone
> irrefutable evidence. supporting the Ancient
> Egyptians use of pi, phi, √2, √3 or √5.
>

the Ancient Greeks were convinced
that all numbers must be rational
that is, could be possibly expressed as a ratio
thus proving the gods were not random or insane
and they invented math, obviously
so there were strong feelings etc.

it is not known today, what happened to the guy
who proved that √2 must be an irrational number
but no story of his demise has him ending well
- and it turns out nowadays we know he was right
and there are other irrational numbers as well
in fact irrational numbers outnumber rationals

that there is no mention of pi in any scroll
may be a clue that the scribes n scrollers
were indeed not the designers n architects

but you simply can't be a circle expert and not know pi
just as you simply ...and using Occam's Razor, now...
- can't be a square expert and not know √2
- can't be a triangle expert and not know √3
- can't be a rectangle expert and not know √5

now, you can cook without being able to eat, but why?
are you a robot chef? some other more plausible accident?
...and just as it is possible to compose an opera without any music theory
but the odds of that make any empirical examples so far staggeringly rare
see, arguments like that, so far, their only purpose seems to be
to just diminish the apparent significance of, well, math itself
and would ironically be an easily worthy argument
if the world didn't have so much of it... oh...

neither are pi and phi modern constructs
they're older than the stars themselves
...hiding your head in the sand, as it were
only sells that shtick to fellow ostriches?

- significant numbers are traipsed upon here
and danced around with obvious choreography
thus, your argument's very nature just... qualifies itself
for automatic compulsory investigation into gaslighting...

even so, already
for your penance
you must watch a Musical on mute
and that's from me, a fellow peer
i can't wait to see
what professor says

=o)

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 3230 Sirfiroth 06-Feb-18 03:26
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 568 drew 06-Feb-18 04:18
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 531 Sirfiroth 06-Feb-18 17:37
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 434 drew 06-Feb-18 23:32
Re: Pi or no Pi ???????????????? 494 Dr. Troglodyte 07-Feb-18 14:44
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 421 molder 08-Feb-18 05:09
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 417 Sirfiroth 08-Feb-18 06:43
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 421 DavidK 08-Feb-18 10:48
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 422 molder 08-Feb-18 11:56
linking egyptian Pi to imperial Pi 357 DavidK 08-Feb-18 15:10
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 358 DavidK 08-Feb-18 13:58
cubit of 20.25? 327 DavidK 08-Feb-18 14:12
where does Fibonacci Pi come from? 361 DavidK 08-Feb-18 14:49
Re: cubit of 20.25? 415 Sirfiroth 08-Feb-18 15:08
Re: cubit of 20.25? 379 DavidK 08-Feb-18 15:15
Re: cubit of 20.25? 378 molder 09-Feb-18 03:58
Mod Note > Off-Topic Posts 394 Dr. Troglodyte 09-Feb-18 16:38
Re: cubit of 20.25? 581 Sirfiroth 09-Feb-18 21:02
Oh...what a shame... 408 drew 09-Feb-18 00:33
Re: Oh...what a shame... 407 Sirfiroth 09-Feb-18 04:47
Re: Oh...what a shame... 426 drew 09-Feb-18 06:02
Re: Oh...what a shame... 511 Sirfiroth 09-Feb-18 13:28
Re: Oh...what a shame... 414 DavidK 22-Jun-18 05:58
Re: Oh...what a shame... 351 drew 22-Jun-18 09:54
Re: Oh...what a shame... 431 Sirfiroth 22-Jun-18 13:32
Re: Oh...what a shame... 508 drew 22-Jun-18 22:27
Re: Oh...what a shame... 381 Sirfiroth 23-Jun-18 01:48
Re: well put 351 drew 23-Jun-18 08:08
To put it bluntly! 392 Sirfiroth 23-Jun-18 12:40
Re: well put 372 Manu 23-Jun-18 18:33
Re: extensions of numbers 326 drew 24-Jun-18 00:40
Re: extensions of numbers 386 Sirfiroth 24-Jun-18 04:50
Re: extensions of numbers 337 drew 24-Jun-18 08:36
Re: extensions of numbers 328 Sirfiroth 24-Jun-18 12:22
Re: extensions of numbers 332 drew 24-Jun-18 20:53
Re: extensions of numbers 333 Sirfiroth 25-Jun-18 16:06
Re: extensions of numbers 308 DavidK 25-Jun-18 16:13
Re: extensions of numbers 316 Sirfiroth 25-Jun-18 16:46
the primitive calculator 313 drew 25-Jun-18 23:23
Re: the primitive calculator 368 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 02:24
Re: the primitive calculator 300 drew 26-Jun-18 07:06
Mod Note > Duplicate Post Removed 444 Dr. Troglodyte 26-Jun-18 12:45
Newton's problem solved(the relation between the Roman foot and the Egyptian foot ) 368 rodz111 26-Jun-18 13:55
Re: Newton's problem solved(the relation between the Roman foot and the Egyptian foot ) 270 drew 27-Jun-18 05:18
Re: the primitive calculator 357 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 17:00
Re: the primitive calculator 334 drew 27-Jun-18 00:01
Re: the primitive calculator 332 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-18 00:18
Re: the primitive calculator 304 drew 27-Jun-18 01:56
Re: well put 291 cloister 24-Jun-18 09:43
Re: well put 333 Manu 24-Jun-18 12:59
Re: well put 320 cloister 24-Jun-18 18:14
Re: well put 410 cloister 29-Jun-18 08:48
Re: well put 308 drew 27-Jun-18 05:11
Re: Oh...what a shame... 372 Sirfiroth 22-Jun-18 12:21
Re: Oh...what a shame... 401 molder 23-Jun-18 00:24
Re: Oh...what a shame... 383 DavidK 23-Jun-18 21:06
Re: Oh...what a shame... 342 DavidK 24-Jun-18 07:41
Understanding the differences! 385 Sirfiroth 24-Jun-18 12:50
No pie for jacob 380 DavidK 24-Jun-18 08:54
Re: No pie for jacob 317 Sirfiroth 25-Jun-18 16:44
Re: No pie for jacob 342 DavidK 25-Jun-18 20:21
Re: No pie for jacob 352 Sirfiroth 25-Jun-18 23:19
Re: 5 values for pi in GP here are 3 304 molder 26-Jun-18 00:51
Re: what value for pi? 306 drew 26-Jun-18 14:11
Re: what value for pi? 355 molder 26-Jun-18 21:30
Re: what value for pi? 308 drew 26-Jun-18 23:42
Re: 5 values for pi in GP here are 3 294 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 14:55
Re: 5 values for pi in GP here are 3 349 molder 26-Jun-18 21:18
Re: No pie for jacob 344 DavidK 26-Jun-18 10:34
Re: No pie for jacob 304 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 15:02
Re: No pie for jacob 303 DavidK 26-Jun-18 16:46
Re: No pie for jacob 318 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 17:12
Re: No pie for jacob 339 DavidK 26-Jun-18 18:58
Re: No pie for jacob 348 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 22:59
Re: No pie for jacob 297 DUNE 26-Jun-18 19:52
Re: No pie for jacob 303 DavidK 26-Jun-18 21:18
Re: No pie for jacob 306 Sirfiroth 26-Jun-18 23:10
Hard evidence for base 100 using egyptian maths 314 DavidK 27-Jun-18 05:37
Re: Hard evidence for base 100 using egyptian maths 371 drew 27-Jun-18 06:16
Re: Hard evidence for base 100 using egyptian maths 314 DavidK 27-Jun-18 10:25
Re: Hard evidence for base 100 using egyptian maths 330 drew 27-Jun-18 21:18
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 374 rodz111 25-Jun-18 17:48
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 346 Sirfiroth 25-Jun-18 19:54
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 315 rodz111 26-Jun-18 03:13
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 337 molder 26-Jun-18 03:19
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 333 rodz111 26-Jun-18 03:30
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 329 molder 26-Jun-18 21:52
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 378 rodz111 28-Jun-18 07:44
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 325 drew 28-Jun-18 09:56
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 355 rodz111 28-Jun-18 11:09
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 398 drew 28-Jun-18 17:13
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 360 DavidK 28-Jun-18 20:00
Tripping over museum rods 354 drew 28-Jun-18 23:52
Museum rods 321 drew 29-Jun-18 00:20
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 346 rodz111 29-Jun-18 00:37
You're as much as a complainer as anyone but you're not... 335 drew 29-Jun-18 01:24
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 409 rodz111 30-Jun-18 01:21
You down and dirty so-n-so 342 drew 27-Jun-18 05:29
Re: You down and dirty so-n-so 288 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-18 08:17
Re: You down and dirty so-n-so 282 drew 27-Jun-18 09:49
Re: You down and dirty so-n-so 422 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-18 17:12
The math or the pyramid? 358 drew 27-Jun-18 20:46
Re: You down and dirty so-n-so 277 DavidK 17-Jul-18 23:04
Re: You down and dirty so-n-so 300 Sirfiroth 17-Jul-18 23:16
Re: You down and dirty so-n-so 293 DavidK 17-Jul-18 23:20
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 401 spaceyhippie 19-Jul-18 10:32
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 320 molder 19-Jul-18 11:21
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 364 Sirfiroth 19-Jul-18 12:05
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 490 spaceyhippie 19-Jul-18 23:57
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 343 DavidK 20-Jul-18 08:20
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 396 spaceyhippie 20-Jul-18 21:58
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 277 DavidK 22-Jul-18 09:41
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 382 spaceyhippie 23-Jul-18 02:15
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 317 DavidK 23-Jul-18 08:09
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 338 Sirfiroth 23-Jul-18 13:49
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 312 DavidK 23-Jul-18 22:23
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 676 Sirfiroth 23-Jul-18 23:52
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 331 DavidK 24-Jul-18 09:11
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 280 Sirfiroth 24-Jul-18 13:11
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 268 DavidK 27-Jul-18 06:13
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 304 Sirfiroth 27-Jul-18 15:45
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 367 spaceyhippie 24-Jul-18 02:44
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 376 DavidK 24-Jul-18 17:10
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 426 spaceyhippie 27-Jul-18 00:51
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 337 spaceyhippie 27-Jul-18 14:36
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 457 spaceyhippie 29-Jul-18 11:01
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 340 DavidK 06-Aug-18 19:15
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 314 DavidK 07-Aug-18 05:16
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 316 spaceyhippie 08-Aug-18 09:20
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 323 DavidK 08-Aug-18 09:39
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 352 spaceyhippie 09-Aug-18 02:32
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 380 DavidK 09-Aug-18 08:00
ROTFLMAO! 273 Sirfiroth 09-Aug-18 13:22
Re: ROTFLMAO! 280 DavidK 09-Aug-18 14:12
Re: ROTFLMAO! 415 Sirfiroth 09-Aug-18 14:28
Re: ROTFLMAO! 266 DavidK 09-Aug-18 14:49
Re: ROTFLMAO! 273 Sirfiroth 09-Aug-18 15:03
Re: ROTFLMAO! 287 DavidK 09-Aug-18 21:39
Re: ROTFLMAO! 312 Sirfiroth 10-Aug-18 02:06
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 324 spaceyhippie 09-Aug-18 20:40
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 379 DavidK 10-Aug-18 07:59
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 384 Steve Clayton 12-Aug-18 18:16
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 170 DavidK 27-Dec-19 23:13
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 155 Sirfiroth 28-Dec-19 03:46
Pi. All Pi. All The Time. 171 thinkitover 28-Dec-19 04:59
Re: Pi. All Pi. All The Time. 145 molder 28-Dec-19 10:35
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 143 DavidK 28-Dec-19 10:20
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 153 Sirfiroth 28-Dec-19 15:13
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 172 Thanos5150 28-Dec-19 16:30
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 161 thinkitover 28-Dec-19 21:49
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 158 Thanos5150 29-Dec-19 04:35
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 150 Sirfiroth 29-Dec-19 02:17
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 154 molder 29-Dec-19 04:14
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 146 Sirfiroth 29-Dec-19 12:51
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 146 molder 29-Dec-19 22:31
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 138 Sirfiroth 30-Dec-19 14:11
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 187 magisterchessmutt 30-Dec-19 15:16
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 145 Sirfiroth 31-Dec-19 03:33
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 191 magisterchessmutt 31-Dec-19 04:33
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 162 Sirfiroth 31-Dec-19 15:04
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 171 spaceyhippie 31-Dec-19 23:37
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 165 Thanos5150 29-Dec-19 04:29
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 150 DavidK 29-Dec-19 09:32
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 158 Sirfiroth 29-Dec-19 14:09
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 155 spaceyhippie 01-Jan-20 23:18
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 170 Sirfiroth 02-Jan-20 01:33
Pi vs Pudding 159 thinkitover 02-Jan-20 21:45
Re: Pi vs Pudding 150 spaceyhippie 03-Jan-20 00:06
Re: Pi vs Pudding 168 seasmith 03-Jan-20 00:24
Re: Pi vs Pudding 150 spaceyhippie 07-Jan-20 23:06
Re: Pi vs Pudding 195 seasmith 08-Jan-20 02:54
Re: Pi vs Pudding 157 Sirfiroth 03-Jan-20 03:36
Re: Pi vs Pudding 158 molder 03-Jan-20 06:56
Re: Pi vs Pudding 159 Sirfiroth 03-Jan-20 18:25
Re: Pi vs Pudding 154 spaceyhippie 04-Jan-20 00:02
LOL, now that was hilarious ! 153 Sirfiroth 04-Jan-20 05:51
Re: LOL, now that was hilarious ! 198 hendrik dirker 04-Jan-20 09:32
Re: LOL, now that was hilarious ! 142 spaceyhippie 04-Jan-20 23:37
Re: LOL, now that was hilarious ! 152 spaceyhippie 04-Jan-20 23:39
Re: Pi vs Pudding 170 molder 04-Jan-20 11:03
Re: Pi vs Pudding 160 Sirfiroth 05-Jan-20 20:11
Re: Pi vs Pudding 151 molder 06-Jan-20 02:55
Re: Pi vs Pudding 180 magisterchessmutt 06-Jan-20 02:58
Re: Pi vs Pudding 146 molder 06-Jan-20 05:26
Re: Pi vs Pudding 148 spaceyhippie 07-Jan-20 01:32
Re: Pi vs Pudding 137 DavidK 07-Jan-20 02:02
Re: Pi vs Pudding 151 thinkitover 06-Jan-20 06:13
Re: Pi vs Pudding 166 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-20 02:18
Re: Pi vs Pudding 135 DavidK 07-Jan-20 14:25
Re: Pi vs Pudding 147 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-20 15:16
Re: Pi vs Pudding 146 DavidK 07-Jan-20 19:03
Re: Pi vs Pudding 141 Sirfiroth 07-Jan-20 20:08
Re: Pi vs Pudding 140 DavidK 07-Jan-20 20:11
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 167 DavidK 28-Dec-19 11:21
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 161 engbren 28-Dec-19 12:34
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 162 Sirfiroth 28-Dec-19 15:55
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 150 engbren 29-Dec-19 01:14
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 151 Sirfiroth 30-Dec-19 16:52
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 151 engbren 30-Dec-19 22:23
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 211 magisterchessmutt 30-Dec-19 23:24
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 176 engbren 31-Dec-19 11:31
Re: Pi or no Pi ?????????????? 158 spaceyhippie 04-Jan-20 00:42


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.