Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thanos5150 Wrote:

...

> What the quarry marks show is that Khufu was
> involved in the construction process at the very
> least at and to some extent beyond the RC, not
> that he originated the project or even completed
> it.
>
> Tell me how I'm wrong Merrell.

See Lehner 1997: 108.

> You also stated as "fact":
>
> "No, the Great Pyramid was built in the time of
> Khufu, the mid-3rd millennium BC".

>
> Again, we do not know to what extent Khufu was
> involved in the project.
>
> "He intended it for use as his tomb..."
>
> No, Merrell, we do not know if any pharaoh
> intended their pyramids to be their tomb.

See Edwards 1947: 20, 116.

> [url=http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?1,11
> 10328]If Pyramids are not Tombs, then where are
> the Pharaohs?[/url]
>
> Readers would note your lack of participation
> [i]there[/i]....

I didn't realise that it was obligatory to reply to all of your posts.

...

> [b]"...(it's been suggested that he died in the
> summer of 2483 BC, before his tomb was fully
> complete)".[/b]
>
> Oh...? So then this would mean some of it was
> built [i]after[/i] the time of Khufu? I'm confused
> because you just said "the Great Pyramid was built
> in the time of Khufu". And "2483 BC", you say?
> That's a nice exact number and in the "summer" no
> less. Which regardless would be weird as by nearly
> all accepted chronologies "2483 BC" would place
> this in the 5th Dynasty in or around the reign of
> Sahure.

As I understand it, it's been suggested that Khufu died some time in the spring or summer of 2483 BC, when the GP was still in the throes of being completed.

> You are going off the dates of 2509-2483 BC for
> Khufu's reign which are not accepted by Egyptology

? So the date of 2483 BC that I quoted is the same ...

> though widely copy and pasted almost verbatim in
> internet articles appearing only on or after the
> Nov 2, 2017 press release of the Muon study (Nov
> 2, 2017) finding a void.

This [url=https://phys.org/news/2017-11-particle-physicists-mysterious-great-pyramid.html]muons/void[/url] report indicates the approximate era when the GP was built.

> It would appear these
> dates are only what was offered by the Muon team

I can't find any mention of 2483 BC in the muons report just linked to: just the approximate era when the GP was built.

> which unless they know something the rest of us do
> not would seem to be in error and/or are using
> dates otherwise not accepted by Egyptology at
> large. Source please.

Tallet, Clement and Lotfallah, Journal de Merer 2017: 12.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 2938 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 02:08
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 511 Merrell 25-Aug-17 07:49
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 486 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 16:58
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 508 Merrell 25-Aug-17 19:53
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 524 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 21:13
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 441 Dr. Troglodyte 25-Aug-17 22:07
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 419 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 04:13
Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 419 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 05:04
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 429 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 07:45
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 415 Susan Doris 26-Aug-17 11:05
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 474 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 11:22
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 387 Susan Doris 26-Aug-17 11:45
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 384 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 22:01
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 395 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 23:36
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 388 Dr. Troglodyte 26-Aug-17 16:18
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 397 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 22:49
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 403 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 00:16
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 390 Merrell 26-Aug-17 17:01
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 424 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 23:08
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 161 Lee McGiffen 11-Apr-19 07:37
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 451 Reagent 25-Aug-17 09:09
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 460 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 17:21
An Unconventional View 452 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 02:03
Re: An Unconventional View 736 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 07:22
Re: An Unconventional View 396 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 11:34
Re: An Unconventional View 424 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 22:38
Re: An Unconventional View 356 Barbelo 27-Aug-17 03:36
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 648 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 16:20
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 328 Susan Doris 27-Aug-17 16:36
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 354 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 17:05
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 505 Thanos5150 27-Aug-17 17:46
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 400 Susan Doris 28-Aug-17 04:54
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 443 Thanos5150 28-Aug-17 15:29
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 389 Susan Doris 28-Aug-17 17:24
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 445 Susan Doris 28-Aug-17 05:15
A Final Nail 409 Barbelo 27-Aug-17 20:52
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 519 Scott Creighton 27-Aug-17 23:55
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 472 Broker 28-Aug-17 14:34
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 619 stephentuck25 25-Sep-17 07:47
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 416 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 02:22
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 380 Susan Doris 29-Aug-17 05:14
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 368 Thanos5150 29-Aug-17 15:43
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 362 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 17:26
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 359 Thanos5150 29-Aug-17 18:14
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 379 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 18:45
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 389 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 16:57
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 380 Susan Doris 29-Aug-17 18:25
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 374 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 19:17
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 331 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 05:08
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 352 stephentuck25 30-Aug-17 06:45
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 352 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 07:44
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 371 stephentuck25 30-Aug-17 08:28
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 381 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 09:04
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 469 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 19:39
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 398 Eddie Larry 29-Aug-17 21:41
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 423 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 05:15
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 481 Eddie Larry 30-Aug-17 14:25
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 190 stephentuck25 08-Apr-19 17:27
Crews and copper tools 214 Merrell 08-Apr-19 19:58
Re: Crews and copper tools 203 stephentuck25 08-Apr-19 21:09
Re: Crews and copper tools 176 Merrell 09-Apr-19 22:03
Re: Crews and copper tools 160 engbren 10-Apr-19 01:08
Re: Crews and copper tools 186 Merrell 10-Apr-19 13:06
Re: Crews and copper tools 168 Thanos5150 10-Apr-19 04:11
Re: Crews and copper tools 172 Merrell 10-Apr-19 08:52
Re: Crews and copper tools 172 Thanos5150 11-Apr-19 03:48
Re: Crews and copper tools 213 Merrell 11-Apr-19 12:50
Re: Crews and copper tools 142 Thanos5150 12-Apr-19 15:09
Re: Crews and copper tools 188 Corpuscles 11-Apr-19 10:05
Two Things 151 Barbelo 11-Apr-19 11:30
Re: Two Things 156 Corpuscles 11-Apr-19 13:13
Re: Two Things 156 Barbelo 12-Apr-19 01:18
Re: Crews and copper tools 353 Thanos5150 11-Apr-19 23:30
Re: Crews and copper tools 214 Merrell 12-Apr-19 07:34
Re: Crews and copper tools 203 Thanos5150 12-Apr-19 15:26
Re: Crews and copper tools 191 Merrell 12-Apr-19 15:53
Re: Crews and copper tools 187 Corpuscles 17-Apr-19 10:51
Re: Crews and copper tools 203 Thanos5150 18-Apr-19 04:23
Re: Crews and copper tools 160 Martin Stower 10-Apr-19 21:10
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Garbage Theory! 170 Barbelo 08-Apr-19 22:50
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Garbage Theory! 227 stephentuck25 09-Apr-19 13:55
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Garbage Theory! 150 Barbelo 09-Apr-19 21:17
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 193 Martin Stower 10-Apr-19 22:03
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! Congratulations! 296 jamesglory 09-Apr-19 03:25
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! Congratulations! 206 stephentuck25 09-Apr-19 13:49


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.