Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
jsncrs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whilst discussing the lost civilization
> hypothesis, my friend argued that there are no
> ancient texts anywhere in the world that speak of
> an advanced / atlantean civilization. I know for a
> fact that there are, but I can't think of any off
> the top of my head besides Plato's Timaeus &
> Critias, and I don't have my reference books with
> me.
>
> Wondering if anyone here knows of any?

Plato never says anything at all about any ancient advanced civilization. His Atlantis is typical Bronze Age.

Harte

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 1084 jsncrs 24-Apr-16 02:30
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 489 gulsbo 24-Apr-16 08:51
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 472 eyeofhorus33 24-Apr-16 11:42
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 570 Frank D 24-Apr-16 23:47
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 453 Harte 24-Apr-16 10:30
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 504 Fsbirdhouse 24-Apr-16 14:50
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 517 Origyptian 24-Apr-16 15:54
Re: Looking for ancient texts that speak of an advanced civilization 401 Fsbirdhouse 24-Apr-16 20:21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.