Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I'm aware of this possibility. The Great Salt Lake of Utah would be another consideration for this process as others like the Caspian and Aral Seas. I would be very interested in this as theories can be explained away by something as simple as a terminal basin. Also, to consider, the run off of mine tailings from the upstream mining operations contribution to the deposits and depletion of the source of hydration of the salt pans which are numerous all over this arid land. Most recently just days ago, Poopo dried up showing the natural cycle that closed or terminal basins exhibit. This area of the Andes wasn't always arid though. And it is rich in all sorts of mineral deposits. But outflow of massive proportions, beyond the annual rainfall level of erosion, is obvious in a wide range of the altiplano. These signs that are evident all across this area and exclusive of this area show massive drainage in a single event. Oral history supports this event. Removing the sea induced saline deposits doesn't change the obvious event that occurred over the lands.

Impact area of the theoretical tsunami 11,500 years ago.
[www.google.com]
Riffles created by receding sea waters
[www.google.com]
Lake Poopo showing ancient outflow to the west. It wasn't always endorheic. Something changed that.
[www.google.com]
Titicaca is one of less than twenty ancient lakes on earth, and is thought to be three million years old. It is a freshwater lake and in the past was connected to Poopo, Coipasa and Uyuni by outflow and not always being a closed system. Some event changed all that.

This entire basin was and inland freshwater sea at one time. Something changed that.
[www.google.com]

One last note. I've not been a believer in Atlantis. And it's pinpoint has been elusive all throughout history for lack of an evidentiary cataclysm until now with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson pointing out the hypothesis of cataclysmic epoch of this consequential time period of Atlantis. Plato's Allegory does not state Atlantis "sank" into the sea, his account goes thusly, "and the great island of Atlantis also disappeared "in" the sea". On this subject I would imply that Atlantis was "swept" into the sea. And if this is Atlantis is yet to be proven. At least, it is a real possibility with real event and topography to support it. Many of Grimm's fairytales have been proven to come from actual events, just admonished......a little bit.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 24-Jan-16 16:25 by Yourconscience.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Atlanris discovered 1940 alexflibero 16-Jan-16 14:10
Mod Note > Thread Moved 583 Dr. Troglodyte 16-Jan-16 17:39
Re: Atlanris discovered 654 Yourconscience 16-Jan-16 22:36
Re: Atlanris discovered 648 carolb 16-Jan-16 23:27
Re: Atlanris discovered 605 alexflibero 17-Jan-16 15:32
Re: Atlanris discovered 764 carolb 17-Jan-16 16:24
Re: Atlanris discovered 545 Yourconscience 18-Jan-16 19:17
Re: Atlanris discovered 630 carolb 18-Jan-16 20:16
Re: Atlanris discovered 534 Yourconscience 23-Jan-16 14:33
Re: Atlanris discovered 484 Harte 24-Jan-16 01:56
Re: Atlanris discovered 495 Yourconscience 24-Jan-16 15:50
Re: Atlanris discovered 534 Harte 24-Jan-16 22:44
Re: Atlanris discovered 551 Yourconscience 25-Jan-16 00:54
Re: Atlanris discovered 371 Harte 25-Jan-16 11:08
Re: Atlanris discovered 494 Yourconscience 25-Jan-16 14:59
Re: Atlanris discovered 567 Harte 26-Jan-16 02:16
Re: Atlanris discovered 567 Rofhessa 31-May-16 10:28
Re: Atlanris discovered 462 Hawklord53 05-Jun-16 04:33
Re: Atlantis discovered 598 Rofhessa 05-Jun-16 09:09

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.